PDA

View Full Version : AIrbag Maintenance

Fried_Chicken
03-19-2019, 11:31 PM
I know it's boring, and I'm convinced that the crash statistics for ZHPs are relatively low, owing to immeasurable qualities of brakes, control, and competence while driving.

That being said, this really is a topic that should be brought up more. Do airbags expire? Do they need replacing?

az3579
03-20-2019, 03:38 AM
Technically it was recommended at some point to replace them every 10-15 years, but nobody does this (unless there's a recall), and there really isn't much of a need to anyway as they don't really have an expiration date. I'd be shocked if someone actually paid the ridiculous asking prices, assuming you can even get one. The P/N's are all backordered everywhere.

GotZHP
03-20-2019, 09:27 AM
I've been waiting over 6 months to get my airbags replaced... still waiting on parts.

If you other cars are.more than 10 years old and have a takata airbag, it's highly recommended to replace them, but good luck getting parts!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

az3579
03-20-2019, 10:05 AM
I've been waiting over 6 months to get my airbags replaced... still waiting on parts.

If you other cars are.more than 10 years old and have a takata airbag, it's highly recommended to replace them, but good luck getting parts!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Your dealer must absolutely suck...
I had my passenger side replaced way back in 2014! Driver's side was done in 2016. There should be no reason for them to STILL be on backorder...

johnrando
03-22-2019, 06:18 AM
Agree. Call them and challenge them a bit on why so long. (And that you daily drive in heavy traffic for a long distance so you really need it). Or, go to another dealer if possible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GotZHP
03-22-2019, 04:56 PM
Yeah def gonna do that. Have another qualm to bring up with them. Just realized they sold me a DISA for a 2.5L engine and not a 3L :facepalm