PDA

View Full Version : Android 9" headunit

Eugene
04-30-2019, 04:45 PM
Is there any difference between the many different brands out there?

They all look the same - Xtrons, Eonon, amaseaudio, hizpo, topnavi not to mention a bunch on aliexpress.com

Any benefits of getting one brand over the others? Also, is there any difference between Android 8.0 and 8.1?

I want to paid the navi with a rear view cam and a dash cam...so far Eonon 9150kw is not compatible with the dash cam.

racer2086
04-30-2019, 05:58 PM
Good post. I was reading up on this a few weeks ago. I ended up giving up, because I was reading on some of the sites that they weren't compatible with Harmon Kardon? Also not sure on the quality.

This is the one that looked the best to me for screen size and OEM look: https://xtrons.com/bmw-rover-mg-various-android-8-0-pt8846b

That one looks incredible with the large screen. I was just hesitant, because I haven't heard anyone who installed it. And it says if you have Harmon Kardon, you need an extension cable to run. I don't understand why and don't want to do that.

ZHPizza
04-30-2019, 06:27 PM
Don't need the extension cable for the HK system, but you do if your car came with nav. I have one of the xtrons and it works great with HK.

Eugene
05-01-2019, 09:01 AM
Good post. I was reading up on this a few weeks ago. I ended up giving up, because I was reading on some of the sites that they weren't compatible with Harmon Kardon? Also not sure on the quality.

This is the one that looked the best to me for screen size and OEM look: https://xtrons.com/bmw-rover-mg-various-android-8-0-pt8846b

That one looks incredible with the large screen. I was just hesitant, because I haven't heard anyone who installed it. And it says if you have Harmon Kardon, you need an extension cable to run. I don't understand why and don't want to do that.

I'm pretty sure that this unit wont fit e46

As for the cable - as ZHPizza posted below - the extension cable is needed only if you have an OEM navi

From what I've seen, they all work with HK, I just cant figure out which ones work with both cameras (in 9" screen form, lots of the smaller screens work with both)

BADCLOWN
05-04-2019, 05:59 PM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?21702-Xtrons-PE9846BPL-9-inch-screen-anybody-have-it

I have a 9 inch xtrons full touch screen unit in my ZHP. I’ll be 100% honest with you: I’m not entirely happy with it. I wish it came more “user friendly” out of the box with regards to apps and such. I was directed towards a CarPlay dongle by a fellow member here who had used it successfully. I tried installing and using it for an hour one day and couldn’t get it to work at all and haven’t tried since. I really wish they came with CarPlay out of the box because I hate the android setup/function/aesthetics. I really need someone who is familiar with Android stuff to work on setting it up better (getting Waze or iGO working, getting my CarPlay dongle working, etc)

Eugene
05-05-2019, 04:40 AM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?21702-Xtrons-PE9846BPL-9-inch-screen-anybody-have-it

I have a 9 inch xtrons full touch screen unit in my ZHP. I’ll be 100% honest with you: I’m not entirely happy with it. I wish it came more “user friendly” out of the box with regards to apps and such. I was directed towards a CarPlay dongle by a fellow member here who had used it successfully. I tried installing and using it for an hour one day and couldn’t get it to work at all and haven’t tried since. I really wish they came with CarPlay out of the box because I hate the android setup/function/aesthetics. I really need someone who is familiar with Android stuff to work on setting it up better (getting Waze or iGO working, getting my CarPlay dongle working, etc)

I’m not a huge fan of android either ;) but I do know people who are, so I should be ok on that front

Why did you go with xtrons over the others? Do you have the reverse and dash cams installed by any chance?

BADCLOWN
05-05-2019, 09:55 AM
No particular reason why I chose them over another company. I had an Eonon 5150 prior to this and it was nice.

I do not have any accessories hooked up and don’t plan to.