PDA

View Full Version : Springs to pair with Koni Special Active Shocks

C.Bargman
06-29-2019, 01:21 PM
All,

There seems to be a lot of questionable information out there about what springs to pair with the Koni Special Active Shocks and the fact that Koni recommends not using a lowering spring with them.

I am under the impression that the stock ZHP spring mates with the 8745 1022LKT. Am I correct that the Eibach Pro-Kit Springs is another acceptable option that will give similar ride height to the stock ZHP spring?

fredo
06-30-2019, 04:56 AM
I heard the factory springs will last as long as the car itself. I will install Koni FSD on my F30 next month and will keep the factory springs. IMO, you don’t need to replace your springs.

Vas
07-01-2019, 06:51 AM
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs will lower the vehicle.

If you want to retain factory ride height, then use the factory springs

charter21p5
07-13-2019, 11:15 AM
I have Koni FSDs on stock springs. The ride and ride height is perfect.

E46Fan
04-11-2020, 11:26 AM
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs will lower the vehicle.

If you want to retain factory ride height, then use the factory springs

I have Koni Special Active shocks on my car and getting ready to mount the struts. I was thinking about going a bit lower by replacing the stock sport springs with Eibach or something similar. Bimmerworlds web site just says the lowing will be less than when compared to regular springs, that makes sense. However, it is not clear to me exactly how much. Do you (or anyone else here) know how much lower the Eibachs will be compared to sport?

Galapolis
04-11-2020, 12:55 PM
Do you (or anyone else here) know how much lower the Eibachs will be compared to sport?

Should be 30/20mm.

E46Fan
04-11-2020, 01:44 PM
Thank you for the double!! :)