PDA

View Full Version : BMW 330ci vert w sport package has a rough ride...is this normal?

DejaExotica
08-02-2019, 07:07 AM
So Ive finally purchased my dream car, a 2006 330cic with the sport package, but Ive noticed that the ride is probably one of the roughest Ive had in any car Ive ever owned. Not sure if this is normal, being that its my first sports car, but Ive noticed lots of movement and jerking around while going over rough roads. I feel like a bobble head anytime Im on the highway. Ive had the car inspected and the shocks and struts are fine but is there anyway I could make my ride smoother without buying new parts? Such as adjusting something possibly?

If not, what are some suggested upgrades and parts that are partially cheap that could make my car absorb more impact from worn down roads?

Thanks in advance!

fredo
08-02-2019, 07:25 AM
Not normal. How many miles on the clock ? Do you know if the suspension has been refreshed ? What shocks and struts are installed (Sachs, Koni, etc) ?

san
08-02-2019, 07:32 AM
When my car had a bouncy/unsettling ride over rough roads, my rtabs were shot and replacing them fixed it quite a bit. But if you want a smooth ride then you probably will have to get new dampers assuming they haven’t been replaced recently...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ComradeNick
08-02-2019, 08:11 AM
So Ive finally purchased my dream car, a 2006 330cic with the sport package, but Ive noticed that the ride is probably one of the roughest Ive had in any car Ive ever owned. Not sure if this is normal, being that its my first sports car, but Ive noticed lots of movement and jerking around while going over rough roads. I feel like a bobble head anytime Im on the highway. Ive had the car inspected and the shocks and struts are fine but is there anyway I could make my ride smoother without buying new parts? Such as adjusting something possibly?

If not, what are some suggested upgrades and parts that are partially cheap that could make my car absorb more impact from worn down roads?

Thanks in advance!Only thing that would really affect that would be the struts, but if they're fine according to inspection and they're stock it might just take some getting used to.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

704sw
08-02-2019, 08:30 AM
Looking at the pictures from your other thread (before you bought the car) it looks like it sits a touch lower than stock sport suspension. Not much, but a little. Any chance it has aftermarket dampers or springs?

ZHPizza
08-02-2019, 12:13 PM
Looking at the pictures from your other thread (before you bought the car) it looks like it sits a touch lower than stock sport suspension. Not much, but a little. Any chance it has aftermarket dampers or springs?

That's a good point. If that's the case, then OE springs + Koni FSD's/SA's + a soft sidewall tire = butter

johnrando
08-02-2019, 02:54 PM
They def don't ride rough when stock with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk