PDA

View Full Version : Need me some black cube

Coronis
08-08-2019, 07:56 PM
I just got an 06 ZHP (my first E46) and was not told that the black cube part of the arm rest/handle on the driver's side was scratched to hell, probably by a dog. It's more silver than black. The center cup holder piece is similarly deeply scratched. Where does one buy such parts?
Thanks for any help.

bandwagn
08-09-2019, 07:40 PM
Welcome!

Since the trim is already scratched, you can either live with it, or try and refurbish it. For small scratches, you could try to cover them up with a sharpie as a quick cheap fix - there is also a Diy that several people have tried by simply respraying the trim with satin/matte paint.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?10199-DIY-Cube-Trim-Repair-Color-Change-(Black-Silver-and-Red)-doityourself&highlight=Refresh+black+cube+trim

There’s always eBay for a used set, or keep an eye out on the for sale forums or facebook - they pop up every now and again.

Finally, you may be able to check online - you can use realoem to get part numbers and then search around. Looks like ECS has a full set around $2k

Coronis
08-10-2019, 10:02 AM
OK, thanks. Mine is completely trashed with deep scratches. Looks like the OEM ECS piece is only $438. Might have a discussion with Bimmers R Us about springing for that as I specifically asked about the interior.