PDA

View Full Version : BAT: S54-Powered 2003 BMW 330ii ZHP 6-Speed

cornercarver
05-02-2020, 08:39 AM
Looks like nextelbuddy isn’t the only one...

I can’t imagine putting this much work into a car and selling it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/s54-powered-bmw-330i-zhp-6-speed/

joeybananaz18
05-02-2020, 09:03 AM
I came here to post it too. Damn if this was available when I bought my zhp I’d be all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedro2u
05-02-2020, 09:57 AM
seems like its the 1st 9 day auction I've seen... Covid adder?

28firefighter
05-02-2020, 10:10 AM
Started on Saturday. They want it to end during business hours, so it runs to Monday.

I’ve seen some exotics get 10 day auctions.

Aeternalis
05-02-2020, 10:27 AM
literal dream car

ZHPizza
05-02-2020, 11:48 AM
literal dream carTruth. Slicktop/cloth/S54/painted trim. Looks amazing.

BADCLOWN
05-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Absolutely perfect minus the red, personal preference would have been white.

Statusgruppe was offering this for sale on their IG page weeks ago, I guess they didn’t get any solid bites for their seller. I may even bid on this for the hell of it, wonder what it will sell for, I’m just throwing out a number of 27k

Hayseed
05-02-2020, 05:30 PM
Badclown do you recall the asking $ from the IG ad?

NYRhockey
05-02-2020, 06:13 PM
Ho lee fuk, that is amazing. If only i could....

BADCLOWN
05-02-2020, 06:56 PM
Badclown do you recall the asking $ from the IG ad?

They didn’t post a price, only asked that whoever was interested to DM them on IG to get the price.

Anyone want to buy my ZHP for $20k lol?

I wonder what a business would charge if a customer brought their car to them to have that done.

ApexHitter
05-03-2020, 02:32 PM
I Dmed them a while ago. They were looking for $35K...

BADCLOWN
05-03-2020, 07:05 PM
I figured they would be asking around $30k.

I don’t think it’s gonna hit that high. Anyone that scoops this for sub $25k is getting a steal

fredo
05-03-2020, 07:14 PM
The car has a reserve price, let's see if it really sells.

cakM3
05-04-2020, 10:41 AM
Owner of this car either works at Status Gruppe Tuning in San Diego or is the owner of SGT. Car has been built very well and front M3 seats converted to real sedan non folding seats. Upholstery on the seats are done very well too. If I was looking to get another BMW this would be the one I would be getting... I hope this car will go to a good home...

GMBBS
05-06-2020, 07:41 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the facelift front end, especially with the ZHP front cover is LIGHTS YEARS better looking than the blunt, bloated look of the M3 front?

ZHPizza
05-06-2020, 08:17 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the facelift front end, especially with the ZHP front cover is LIGHTS YEARS better looking than the blunt, bloated look of the M3 front?

I think the M3 headlights look more aggressive (non-m facelift are upswept like cat eyes idk)

Stock for stock, I definitely like the mtechII bumper better than the M3

IMO the M3 needs a CSL bumper or lip to make it look good. That's the first change I would make on this car if I felt like parting with 35k for it.

BADCLOWN
05-06-2020, 03:57 PM
The least statusgruppe could do is throw ONE OF THEIR OWN SELF MADE CARBON FIBER LIPS on the damn car.

BMWCurves
05-07-2020, 12:27 PM
$20k with four days to go, they might get their $35k.

Prestovie
05-10-2020, 08:08 AM
It’d be a crime if this went for less than $25k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZHPizza
05-11-2020, 05:13 AM
The least statusgruppe could do is throw ONE OF THEIR OWN SELF MADE CARBON FIBER LIPS on the damn car.

I'm guessing they were going for "if BMW had made an M3 sedan and you ordered one with the dopest of options, this is how it would have been delivered"

Which they totally nailed

Shit would be cash af with a lip tho

fredo
05-11-2020, 01:08 PM
Sold for $32,750.

BADCLOWN
05-11-2020, 02:24 PM
The closing bid was $25.5k when the ticker expired. Idk how it manages to shoot up almost $10k

HokieZHP
05-11-2020, 03:06 PM
The closing bid was $25.5k when the ticker expired. Idk how it manages to shoot up almost $10k

On BaT, the bidding doesn't end until there are no more bids for 2-3 minutes straight. This prevents snipe-bidding.

Often you'll see auctions go 30 minutes to a few hours longer than posted because folks keep bidding

BADCLOWN
05-11-2020, 03:14 PM
That’s stupid, what’s the point in having a timer? That’s the reason bidding is (and should be) the way it is: when the clock runs out it’s over.

True value of the car for me shows at that $25.5k. It stayed at $21.5k for like 3-4 days.

Apex000
05-14-2020, 09:23 AM
Car is coming to the Austin,TX and will primarily be a daily run around car for a friend i work for (car collection management, among other things). I'm probably as excited as he his for it to arrive. Maybe it'll motivate me to finally do the same thing to my ZHP, the whole reason why i purchased a ZHP to begin with.

Does anyone know if there is a build thread of this car?

fredo
05-14-2020, 10:54 AM
That sounds good. Maybe I will see it some day. For the record, this auction sets the highest value on BaT for a ZHP. Previous to this one, it was the Mystic Blue with 33k miles for $26k.

nextelbuddy
05-25-2020, 09:21 PM
I'm guessing they were going for "if BMW had made an M3 sedan and you ordered one with the dopest of options, this is how it would have been delivered"

Which they totally nailed

Shit would be cash af with a lip tho

id have to disagree here but i'm biased obviously lol

its slicktop and reupholstered mtexture m3 front sets converted to non folding and then door panels and rear seats were also retrimmed. i'd prefer they imitated the OEM Mtexture seats that had nappa black leather on the side bolsters and only mtexture alcantara in the centers front and rear seats.

other than that, it doesnt have many options besides the xenon.

they did to the trunk floor but thats it, they didnt do the v brace retrofit, they didnt add any euro options, they didnt add any CSL goodies like steering rack or dsc module.

seeing how this thing went for 32k and has more miles than mine with less options then if i ever decide to sell mine at least i know where i possibly stand.

they clearly made this car to be intended to be sold, not to be kept.

i believe they started on the project early last year and finished it pretty fast.

I spoke with 2Mautowerks who did the original quote first and tey owner of the car didnt want to pay what 2m autowerks quoted and went to Mike at statusgruppe instead.

although i love another imola M3 sedan running around, Im pretty proud of how my car stands apart from that one. mine may not be slick top but things like:

- rear trunk floor completed
- rear v brace retrofitted
- CSL Mk60
- CSL steering rack
- euro power fold mirrors
- euro fire extinguisher
- euro first aid kit
- euro warning triangle
- rear pdc
- rear door shades
- rear power sunshade
- full sport zhp alcantara non fold interior with M3 bolster/Lumbar system/Heat
- Functional M track mode ZCP steering wheel
- CF Performance strut bar
- 996/CSL brake system
- CSL wheels
- M3 cluster with rear door LEDs added and corrected VIN and mileage matching chassis ensuring clean carfax history

and currently working on a turbo kit retaining stock DME tuning hopefully to put down 350-400whp

BADCLOWN
05-26-2020, 06:22 AM
What did 2M quote for that conversion?

nextelbuddy
05-26-2020, 08:25 AM
What did 2M quote for that conversion?

He never gave me the number that he quoted them specifically but he said he saw the work from the other shop that did it after he left them and it there was some places where the paint didn't match and the mirror base plates weren't done properly for the M3 mirrors and some other odds and ends they weren't done the way he does it on his conversions.

I haven't seen the car up close so I can't specifically talk about it since I have no experience with it but from the pictures I did see on BAT the paint didn't look very glossy or mirror-like in my opinion they're appeared to be some orange peel and the door jamb also look like it was a slight mismatch between the outside paint and the door jamb. The car probably just needs a buff and polish to get the paint where it needs to be.

But to somebody who's not OCD or anal specific about things like that then that's the perfect car for them.