PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Not-Silver | Sedan | Natural Brown | 6 Speed | <600mi from SoCal

EchoOfSilence
07-01-2020, 04:00 PM
Budget: $13k
Desired location of vehicle: Willing to pickup <700mi from Los Angeles
Desired Mileage: <150k mi
Transmission type: Manual
Desired number of Doors: Four
Desired Color combos: No silver exterior. Natural Brown interior is the only requirement.
Desired Packages: Any
Funds lined up? Yes, Burning a hole in my wallet
Have a car you need to sell first? No

Looking for a clean example of a sedan to make my daily driver. I can't put off transporting my toddlers for much longer, especially since I'm currently daily driving an s2000. Somehow, every car I've ever owned has been silver w/ black interior, and I'm really looking to break that habit.

Show me what you got!

28firefighter
07-01-2020, 04:04 PM
I applaud your taste in family cars. Welcome and good luck!

phillipjfry
07-05-2020, 10:45 AM
Hey man, just wanted to interject my opinion. I have 2 small children 2, and 30 days. I just sold my zhpx because it didnt fit the bill for a family sedan. Back seat was way too crammed for car seats. To each their own though. It was going t9 be too much of a pain in the ass for me. Plus, i sit back pretty far, and a rear facing absolutely would not have worked in my old ZHP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

EchoOfSilence
07-05-2020, 04:13 PM
Hey man, just wanted to interject my opinion. I have 2 small children 2, and 30 days. I just sold my zhpx because it didnt fit the bill for a family sedan. Back seat was way too crammed for car seats. To each their own though. It was going t9 be too much of a pain in the ass for me. Plus, i sit back pretty far, and a rear facing absolutely would not have worked in my old ZHP.

Phillip, thanks for the opinion. We’re fairly short (I’m 5’4”), so my seat wouldn’t be very far back. Did the rear cabin cause trouble fitting rear facing seats next to each other ( middle and outside)?

phillipjfry
07-05-2020, 09:01 PM
Phillip, thanks for the opinion. We’re fairly short (I’m 5’4”), so my seat wouldn’t be very far back. Did the rear cabin cause trouble fitting rear facing seats next to each other ( middle and outside)?There was room, but momma will definitely not fit between. Biggest issue was the rear facing seats. Front facing is doable, tight, but can work. My next family sport sedan is going going to be an E class, 5 series, or charger. Back seat ease is important for me. I currently have a full size crew cab truck. Its perfect for the kids.

phillipjfry
07-05-2020, 09:05 PM
I loved my ZHP, but for me personally its a single, or empty nester's car. 3 series and 2 kids is not ideal.

Copacabana
07-06-2020, 07:36 AM
FWIW my experience with the E46 (sedan) transporting my now 8-year old has been no problem. If my wife is in the front pax. seat she can pull the seat far enough forward to give him plenty of room while still leaving herself plenty of legroom. Now, if you have 2 kids....I’m 6’ so I have the drivers’ seat almost fully rearward & in that case an older kid would start to get squished. A suggestion - take their shoes off. A lot easier on the interior.

EchoOfSilence
07-12-2020, 12:50 AM
FWIW my experience with the E46 (sedan) transporting my now 8-year old has been no problem. If my wife is in the front pax. seat she can pull the seat far enough forward to give him plenty of room while still leaving herself plenty of legroom. Now, if you have 2 kids....I’m 6’ so I have the drivers’ seat almost fully rearward & in that case an older kid would start to get squished. A suggestion - take their shoes off. A lot easier on the interior.

I appreciate it, will take the suggestion