PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Convertible Missing Trunk Tools

Satcho
07-14-2020, 06:35 AM
I have a 2005 ZHP convertible which is missing trunk tools. I can easily identify the missing wrenches, pliers and screw driver; however, I am not certain what goes in the back area. Having researched this forum and realoem.com I have not found one configured the same as mine. Typically the spark plug removal tool and the wheel alignment tool go in that area but mine does not conform to those tools shapes. I wonder if the "Warning Triangle" is supposed to go there?

Hopefully someone has the same trunk tool compartment configuration as mine and can tell me what I'm missing. Thank you

John in VA
07-14-2020, 07:23 AM
That spot is for the warning triangle. Perhaps they figured convertible owners wouldn't be changing a tire or spark plug! You could swap to the other box if you wanted, of course (or carry the parts with you elsewhere).

What are the contents of the factory BMW E46 toolkit?
https://bimmertips.com/bmw-e46-toolkit-tools-part-numbers/

pedro2u
07-14-2020, 07:36 AM
here's mine. The warning triangle was Euro only I believe, but I added it to mine

John in VA
07-14-2020, 08:11 AM
The warning triangle was Euro only I believe, but I added it to mine
Me, too - added triangle, first aid box & fire extinguisher. Some tools are not supplied in E46 & E39 toolkits, but I hate having empty spots!

pedro2u
07-14-2020, 10:09 AM
Me, too - added triangle, first aid box & fire extinguisher. Some tools are not supplied in E46 & E39 toolkits, but I hate having empty spots!

Me too, I had to fill every spot too. And considering I'll more than likely never ever use one of those tools.......

John in VA
07-14-2020, 10:15 AM
Me too, I had to fill every spot too. And considering I'll more than likely never ever use one of those tools.......
It's easier (& cheaper) to find them now vs. later!

johnrando
07-14-2020, 04:21 PM
Mine (vert) came empty. As said, likely for the warning triangle.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk