PDA

View Full Version : Catless headers for sedan, anyone selling?

usinjin
08-17-2020, 02:57 PM
About to invest in some headers for my 2005 ZHP sedan. Thinking about going with the Bimmerbrakes because I know they'll fit well. UNLESS someone has a set that worked for them that they're willing to part with? Don't really want to risk fitment with ebay ones. Thanks.

Showda711
08-17-2020, 05:08 PM
I too made the decision to tell CARB to suck my tail pipe. I was trying to find bimmerbrakes v1 since they're supposed to be better than v3. I ended up with technik headers which are supposed be good and have easy fitment. Only problem is they missed a weld so there'd be an exhaust leak. But for $260 I'll find someone to weld to for me.

usinjin
08-17-2020, 09:47 PM
I too made the decision to tell CARB to suck my tail pipe. I was trying to find bimmerbrakes v1 since they're supposed to be better than v3. I ended up with technik headers which are supposed be good and have easy fitment. Only problem is they missed a weld so there'd be an exhaust leak. But for $260 I'll find someone to weld to for me.

Good info, also I'd heard something similar about the V1's being better, any idea how? Performance, fitment? Also damn I'd kill to find a set of affordable technik headers, I think they became hard to find like 10 years ago :(

usinjin
08-18-2020, 03:38 PM
Someone was selling a nice-ish looking eBay set for $75 and I jumped on them. We'll see how that goes!

sillieidiot
08-19-2020, 01:31 PM
Good info, also I'd heard something similar about the V1's being better, any idea how? Performance, fitment? Also damn I'd kill to find a set of affordable technik headers, I think they became hard to find like 10 years ago :(

It's the fitment. I have a brand new V1 sitting in a box. No idea when I'll get around to installing them lol

usinjin
08-19-2020, 10:40 PM
It's the fitment. I have a brand new V1 sitting in a box. No idea when I'll get around to installing them lol
Well, it's been a fun journey thus far.

eBay headers with somehow far superior welds to BMW's very ugly ones: $75
Genuine BMW replacement header studs, bolts, gaskets: $300

Getting the stock, VERY rusted headers out with nothing but a socket wrench and determination felt like a right of passage. 2/10 would not even think about doing ever again. Also holy f the prices for the OEM hardware is sickening.

EDIT: I'm gonna hijack my own thread here. realOEM lists part number 07129908122 (M7x55) as the header bolts..the ones that came in my ZHP are NOT 55mm, they are 42mm...which means they are likely part number 11121744057. humm weird