PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Koni Sport shocks

usinjin
09-03-2020, 07:10 PM
EDIT: Sorry for kind of a misleading title. The shocks are currently on my car but my intention is to sell them.

I recently ordered a set of the Koni Yellows, but the struts are unavailable until sometime in October. I'm trying to sell the rear shocks and getting a complete set of the Koni Specials as I'd rather not wait another month and a half, or have a mix-matched suspension.

The model number is KONI 8040 1271SPORT. 2x rear shocks for the sport suspension.

They have about 100 miles on them currently (at this time of posting), looking for something around $200 for the pair. Best offers welcome.

jtamayo027
09-03-2020, 08:26 PM
GLWS. If you get the Koni Special Active, I would to know your impression of them. Looking for a set that offers more comfort for daily driving.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

usinjin
09-03-2020, 09:17 PM
GLWS. If you get the Koni Special Active, I would to know your impression of them. Looking for a set that offers more comfort for daily driving.

Thanks! What set are you currently running?

jtamayo027
09-03-2020, 09:31 PM
Thanks! What set are you currently running?I'm running Bilstein B4. They are not uncomfortable but more firm than what I am accustomed to. I'm used to driving a Toyota. ;)

I'm attracted by the following claim: "The KONI Special Active shock combines excellent road holding and handling characteristics with no-compromise comfort levels."

I'm thinking they my suit my needs better than the B4s.

ZHPizza
09-04-2020, 05:43 AM

If it's comfort you're after, I have the king of comfort Koni FSD's coming off the car in the next month (replacing with Koni Sports for that adjustability). They're excellent for a daily driver and even performed well in a short track session, but I'm getting more and more into autocross where I need to be able to lock down the rebound for the insane transitions.

jtamayo027
09-04-2020, 06:25 AM
If it's comfort you're after, I have the king of comfort Koni FSD's coming off the car in the next month (replacing with Koni Sports for that adjustability). They're excellent for a daily driver and even performed well in a short track session, but I'm getting more and more into autocross where I need to be able to lock down the rebound for the insane transitions.That is why the Koni Special Active calls my attention as they are the next evolution of the Koni FSD. I am interested in knowing how many miles they have and how much you want for them.

usinjin
09-04-2020, 08:18 PM
If it's comfort you're after, I have the king of comfort Koni FSD's coming off the car in the next month (replacing with Koni Sports for that adjustability). They're excellent for a daily driver and even performed well in a short track session, but I'm getting more and more into autocross where I need to be able to lock down the rebound for the insane transitions.

I'm gonna assume you want brand spanking new? Otherwise, pls take mine :grin:

ZHPizza
09-04-2020, 08:19 PM
I'm gonna assume you want brand spanking new? Otherwise, pls take mine :grin:Hah sorry man I bought them like 3 months ago

johnrando
09-05-2020, 10:59 AM
Please either list these for sale or I can delete the thread. Feelers are not allowed on this site. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

fredo
09-05-2020, 11:42 AM
... They have about 100 miles on them, looking for something around $200 for the pair.

Hey, Rando. His asking price is $200. The thread title is misleading, this is not a feeler. :dunno

johnrando
09-05-2020, 12:49 PM
Hey, Rando. His asking price is $200. The thread title is misleading, this is not a feeler. :dunnoKinda half n half, it has a price which is key, but the title does say 'feeler' and the body states 'thinking about selling'. Either something is for sale or not, so until that is defined, this is a feeler to me.

Yass_ZHP
09-07-2020, 01:25 PM

Got mine installed last week and man what a difference, Im coming off OEM shocks so Im guessing the feeling is SOO much better that in if you come from Bilsteins. I feel the road a lot more, but they are very comfortable to drive on, the steering input feels a lot more responsive. Also, I can tell that at higher speeds on a decent road it does get stiff and then adapts to a bumpy road without losing the composure. My 2 cents :)

jtamayo027
09-08-2020, 08:44 AM
Got mine installed last week and man what a difference, Im coming off OEM shocks so Im guessing the feeling is SOO much better that in if you come from Bilsteins. I feel the road a lot more, but they are very comfortable to drive on, the steering input feels a lot more responsive. Also, I can tell that at higher speeds on a decent road it does get stiff and then adapts to a bumpy road without losing the composure. My 2 cents :)I appreciate your feedback!

usinjin
10-03-2020, 08:59 PM
Kinda half n half, it has a price which is key, but the title does say 'feeler' and the body states 'thinking about selling'. Either something is for sale or not, so until that is defined, this is a feeler to me.

I apologize for missing this. I've edited my first post to clarify. Shouldn't really have said "feeler" as my intention is to sell them outright. But I'll know this for the future.