PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Interior wood trim for a 2005 ZHP convertible

Satcho
09-16-2020, 12:02 PM
I would like to purchase a 8 piece set of interior trim that fits a 2005 ZHP convertible. Should you have the lower steering wheel trim (9th piece) that's a bonus.

danewilson77
09-16-2020, 03:05 PM
What wood? Birch? Myrtle? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200916/49df7ed8cae35d5e9ed54b5bf147db8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Pilot05
09-17-2020, 08:51 AM
I did this...I would find somebody who is parting an E46 convertible and get to him early. You can use e46 coupe trim for just about every piece except the rear seat armrests, which I believe are convertible only.

My black cube trim sits in a box. It is pretty scuffed, and I like the look of the wood better. Take A LOT of care separating trim from armrests if the trim you get has different color armrests. The trim tabs/clips can break easily and I had difficulty getting the wood trim aligned on armrests.

Satcho
09-17-2020, 09:40 AM
Does not matter. I am going to wrap it in carbon fiber.

Satcho
09-17-2020, 09:46 AM
I did this...I would find somebody who is parting an E46 convertible and get to him early. You can use e46 coupe trim for just about every piece except the rear seat armrests, which I believe are convertible only.

My black cube trim sits in a box. It is pretty scuffed, and I like the look of the wood better. Take A LOT of care separating trim from armrests if the trim you get has different color armrests. The trim tabs/clips can break easily and I had difficulty getting the wood trim aligned on armrests.

Pilot, thank you for the providing the difference between a coupe and convertible. I wonder what the difference was. Since I am having the trim wrapped in carbon fiber, no matching issues or scratches matter. Just need all tabs/clips in place.

If you would elaborate on the alignment issues you encountered. I am wondering if fitting a wood trim set will be problematic.