PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Facelift Hood

Chimou
10-21-2020, 11:27 AM
Recently got into a crash, managed to find everything else, still need a hood for a facelift coupe in black (paint code: 668/9). Trying to find something used before buying new as it's pretty expensive and I don't trust any shops to color match and blend it very well. I am located in the Denver area but am willing to pay for shipping if need be.

Reasoned1
10-21-2020, 03:08 PM
I recently had the front bumper cover, hood, roof, and trunk painted on my jet black ZHP. I cannot see any difference between the old and new paint, although the guy who did it does have a reputation for impeccable quality--a real Michelangelo type. Anyway, he said something I hadn't heard--that black is the easiest to color-match...

Chimou
10-22-2020, 01:47 PM
That’s good to know, if I can’t find anything within the next couple days I’m just gonna buy the hood brand new and do some research on body shops around here and find the best one. What do you you think is a fair rate for painting a bumper and hood?

Reasoned1
10-22-2020, 03:02 PM
I’m no expert, but I spent $3,200 to paint my front bumper cover, hood, roof, and trunk (minus the spoiler). I took off the bumper cover and all the trim pieces for the paint shop, so I’d guess half or $1,600. The bumper cover would be the easiest, but my guy went to the trouble of removing the hood from the car.