PDA

View Full Version : For those with the OEM alarm... which part of the kit makes the chirp?

sna77
03-11-2021, 05:22 AM
So I have an 06 vert that did not come with an alarm. I could care less about the alarm, but do miss the chirping noise that came with locking/unlocking the doors. Question is... could you hook up the entire alarm, except the interior sensor and have it function?

The 03+ cabrio has a different alarm that requires cutting the center console and putting on an extension for the interior sensor (not happening):

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=BW53-USA-08-2006-E46-BMW-330Ci&diagId=65_0486

There are essentially 4 parts to the system:

Forgetting that this add-on piece that covers the interior sensor looks ridiculous, there's no way I'm ripping out the entire center console after just replacing it all. LOL.

cakM3
03-11-2021, 05:37 AM
Steve, I think the chirping part comes from the speaker assembly (part #4).

Question is... could you hook up the entire alarm, except the interior sensor and have it function?

It should work, you just won't have the function of the acoustic sensor. I can check by unplugging my acoustic sensor in my ZHP and see if the alarm still functions.

You also need to program your car to activate the factory alarm.

sna77
03-11-2021, 05:54 AM
Steve, I think the chirping part comes from the speaker assembly (part #4).

It should work, you just won't have the function of the acoustic sensor. I can check by unplugging my acoustic sensor in my ZHP and see if the alarm still functions.

You also need to program your car to activate the factory alarm.

programming is all set,tx.

Would be grateful for the unplug test... Looks like 3 parts to the system or 2?

cakM3
03-12-2021, 12:14 PM
programming is all set,tx.

Would be grateful for the unplug test... Looks like 3 parts to the system or 2?

Looks like for your vert you should get item #1 (tilt sensor), items 10 & 11 (front and rear burgler alarm), and item #4 (alarm horn) to install your alarm if you want some protection of your clean vert.

I unplugged the acoustic sensor on my ZHP and my alarm still functioned.

With the acoustic sensor unplugged, the alarm won’t sound if someone were to break the glass window to steal the contents inside your car…

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

PdZHP
03-12-2021, 12:25 PM
Also, I believe the hood, trunk and doors need to register as closed for the acoustic to activate when locking.

cakM3
03-12-2021, 01:51 PM
Also, I believe the hood, trunk and doors need to register as closed for the acoustic to activate when locking.

There is also a hood alarm switch that is part of the alarm system but you don't need it for the alarm system to work... the alarm won't sound if the hood is opened and the alarm was activated...

sna77
03-15-2021, 12:56 PM
Ordered an alarm off ebay... Will connect as little as possible next week and find out :)

cakM3
03-15-2021, 01:44 PM
Ordered an alarm off ebay... Will connect as little as possible next week and find out :)

let me know if I can help :thumbsup

sna77
03-18-2021, 06:59 AM
let me know if I can help :thumbsup

All good... Connected the siren under the hood, coded for alarm retrofit, I've got chirping opening and closing... :)