PDA

View Full Version : (Sold): "yellow tag" 712 steering rack

Archbid
04-03-2021, 09:43 PM
I have a used 712 steering rack in excellent condition.
Will do $280 plus shipping for anyone here.

MINIz guy
04-05-2021, 04:47 PM
How many miles on this steering rack?

Archbid
04-05-2021, 05:06 PM

Archbid
04-21-2021, 10:13 AM
New rack available. Exceptional condition, 116k

Archbid
07-14-2022, 02:42 PM
New rack available. 138k. No tie rods.

kakashi169
07-18-2022, 07:34 AM
Honestly, the ZHP steering rack is not a thing. Its the same as the sport package steering rack. This myth has been busted by thedrive.com.

Still, GLWS.

Archbid
07-18-2022, 08:08 AM
Honestly, the ZHP steering rack is not a thing. Its the same as the sport package steering rack. This myth has been busted by thedrive.com.

Still, GLWS.

I never understand the impulse that makes someone write a post like this.

If you read the post above, you will notice that I call it a 712 rack, which is the last three digits of the part number. It is a different rack than the 599 (also yellow tag and a fine rack), the 678 purple tag, the green tags racks, or even the TRW racks which I would not recommend from a quality perspective.

The rack, as you would expect, sold in about 24 hours. As usual (I have sold about 15 racks), it was to an E30 owner who wanted a tighter turn-to-turn. And he, like all the folks I sell to, was really happy, as I only sell tight racks that are clean.

I am aware that the 712 rack is not unique to the ZHP. Frankly, many ZHP parts (excluding the cams and the cluster) were available on other models. If you read the post you would be aware that I never call it a ZHP rack. It was the rack sold on the ZHP, which is why it makes sense to post it here.

If I were telling people they don't need to change their oil or that Chinese MAFs are perfectly OK, then that is an awesome time to provide an alternative point of view. But coming on a for sale thread to post that the rack which is not described as a ZHP rack is not a ZHP rack is unnecessary and helps neither me nor the potential buyer. The rack is a fantastic rack, is exactly as described, and sold quickly. I actually provided a service for someone.