PDA

View Full Version : New member and first time BMW/ZHP owner

Este330
04-16-2021, 08:57 AM
Hey everyone my name is Esteban, and I am 22 year old BMW enthusiast from North Jersey and new owner of a 2004 330ci ZHP in Orient Blue with Natural Brown Interior 6MT(Ill post pictures and more info when I figure out how lol). I wanted a BMW for about a year but was hesitant, did my research for a couple a months and decided on looking for a 330ci with the hopes of finding a ZHP. Eventually after being patient I found baby and I am excited for what's to come. I read up on the new owners thread and have already purchased a cooling system overhaul kit, oil change kit, and some other stuff that I figured the car might need from FCP Euro. Would appreciate any advice and direction given and I look forward to discussing and getting to know the community and the platform better.

John in VA
04-16-2021, 09:10 AM
Welcome! Most everything has been discussed here as the E46 platform is over 20 years old! You've started off right with your maintenance concerns. If you have any records with the car that will help determine what you might need next.

Este330
04-16-2021, 09:45 AM
Welcome! Most everything has been discussed here as the E46 platform is over 20 years old! You've started off right with your maintenance concerns. If you have any records with the car that will help determine what you might need next.

Hey John thanks for the response, so I do have the CARFAX of the vehicle and it was always serviced at BMW but nothing major seems to have been done to the vehicle. I also did a pre purchase inspection with a mechanic so I have there list of needs but I still would eventually like to take it to a BMW shop just to check everything. I read that that the fluids should be changed within the first month of ownership so I was wondering how difficult of a DIY it is or is it recommended to have a shop do it?

JETSET303
04-16-2021, 10:36 AM
Hey everyone my name is Esteban, and I am 22 year old BMW enthusiast from North Jersey and new owner of a 2004 330ci ZHP in Orient Blue with Natural Brown Interior 6MT(Ill post pictures and more info when I figure out how lol). I wanted a BMW for about a year but was hesitant, did my research for a couple a months and decided on looking for a 330ci with the hopes of finding a ZHP. Eventually after being patient I found baby and I am excited for what's to come. I read up on the new owners thread and have already purchased a cooling system overhaul kit, oil change kit, and some other stuff that I figured the car might need from FCP Euro. Would appreciate any advice and direction given and I look forward to discussing and getting to know the community and the platform better.

Welcome Esteban. Can’t wait to see some pics of that color combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fredo
04-16-2021, 10:55 AM
+1. That’s a good find. You will love this forum.

BMWCurves
04-16-2021, 12:45 PM
One of us! One of us! (Orient blue coupe owners)

Welcome! Fluids are a very easy and cheap DIY if you have ramps/jack stands.

Este330
04-16-2021, 04:57 PM
One of us! One of us! (Orient blue coupe owners)

Welcome! Fluids are a very easy and cheap DIY if you have ramps/jack stands.

Cant lie, it feels good :pimp

johnrando
04-16-2021, 07:39 PM
Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

t.er
04-17-2021, 07:21 PM
Welcome! Would love to see pics - what I do is throw everything into an album on imgur and link all the photos from there

Oli77
04-21-2021, 04:17 AM
Welcome.
Oil is very easy if you use an extractor
Coolant is just easy
Brakes are kinda easy if you are 2 coordinated people
Differential oil is harder
Am I missing one? Ah yes the blinker fluid, that is easy.