PDA

View Full Version : BaT : 2005 ZHP vert / black on black / MT / 87k miles / Amherst NH

fredo
06-14-2021, 06:13 PM
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-bmw-330ci-zhp-convertible-13/

This will be an exciting auction. Pete's car !

t.er
06-14-2021, 06:28 PM
Good luck Pete! The paint looks incredible in those pics...

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

pedro2u
06-14-2021, 06:54 PM
Thanks! Hard to let it go, but gotta say.... it's exciting! And my pain is eased since the E93 M3 6MT scratches ALL my itches

fredo
06-16-2021, 06:31 PM
Five days to go. Did you coordinate a meeting with that guy from Boston ?

pedro2u
06-17-2021, 03:49 AM
Five days to go. Did you coordinate a meeting with that guy from Boston ?

He never replied but I have 2 others coming today….. lot of interest!

Will
06-18-2021, 11:58 AM
Good luck, Pete! The car looks fantastic.

pedro2u
06-18-2021, 02:58 PM
Good luck, Pete! The car looks fantastic.

Thanks Will. The 2 people who came to see it yesterday dreuled over it and said they wanted it..... so hope that get's reflecting in the bidding! Auction ends Monday afternoon....

fredo
06-20-2021, 07:22 AM
I like your post on BaT ... Happy Father's Day !

pedro2u
06-20-2021, 10:07 AM
Thanks Fredo. Same to you!

Disappointed that someone just posted a question saying they see rust on my car which doesn’t exist

One thing about BaT is that anyone can post a negative question to attempt to keep the price down

t.er
06-20-2021, 10:18 AM
Thanks Fredo. Same to you!

Disappointed that someone just posted a question saying they see rust on my car which doesn’t exist

One thing about BaT is that anyone can post a negative question to attempt to keep the price downClean that spot under the filler flap up, re-take multiple pictures, and update your posting with those pictures. That would be more than enough to disprove their claims and others will see how upfront you are as a seller

Edit: Ah, I did see that you were out of town... shucks. But anyone who knows anything about paint or detailing will know those are clearly water spots, not rust

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Johnd
06-20-2021, 03:01 PM
GLWS - I am considering listing mine on BAT - how long did it take them to post it? Also did you take the pictures or did they. The car looks amazing

John in VA
06-20-2021, 03:26 PM
Also did you take the pictures or did they. The car looks amazing
You arrange for your own photos & videos.

pedro2u
06-20-2021, 05:48 PM
GLWS - I am considering listing mine on BAT - how long did it take them to post it? Also did you take the pictures or did they. The car looks amazing

It took 5 weeks from submittal of all the pictures before it went live, so be prepared. I hired a local photographer to take the pictures, but the location was the chapel where my wife and I were married 30+ years ago........ and thanks, I also think it looks great.

2 separate people from the BaT auction came to see it during the week, and both said they loved it and would be bidding. They haven't bid yet, but I asked them that if the bidding got higher than they wanted to pay to speak (post) their kind words in the BaT comments and tell everyone how nice they thought this car is......

20 hours to go. Tomorrow will hopefully be exciting

pedro2u
06-21-2021, 02:23 PM
well, my ZHP just sold on BaT for $18,750. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. And it sold to one of the 2 BaT bidders that live near me and drove the car this week. The buyer lives 10 miles away. Perfect....

t.er
06-21-2021, 04:37 PM
Congrats - maybe you'll see it around town? That's a good number!

fredo
06-21-2021, 06:03 PM
Well done, Pete. That price is way above your reserve. What’s the ETA for your e92 ?

pedro2u
06-21-2021, 06:30 PM
Well done, Pete. That price is way above your reserve. What’s the ETA for your e92 ?

Thanks Fredo. That was the good side of the BaT experience. The bad side of the experience is that they decided they had no interest in my E92 and wouldn't list it. What????? No interest in a 2008 E92 coupe BMW 335Xi with only 24K miles and in mint condition. The is immaculate and in new condition inside and out. I was pissed since they initially said they would list it

So I think I'm keeping it.......

FungShui
06-22-2021, 11:01 AM
Congrats on the sale!

Will
06-22-2021, 11:50 AM
Congrats on the sale, Pete!
Sucks about them not wanting to list the e92. I wonder what their reasons are.

pedro2u
06-22-2021, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys. Taking good care of your dream car apparently has been rewarded. And Will, they never gave a reason other than they had no interest. At 24K miles, it's hardly broken in, and they have plenty of examples of similar cars they've listed. Probably my gain though, even if I could sell it for $15K for example, I'd be hard pressed to find a car this amazing to replace it anywhere near that price...

Meeting the buyer of the ZHP Friday for the delivery, and I hope he'll join y'all here on the Mafia. Such a great forum

fredo
06-23-2021, 06:47 PM
Meeting the buyer of the ZHP Friday for the delivery, and I hope he'll join y'all here on the Mafia. Such a great forum

Mr 3000 : Hope you continue to be an active Mafioso even without a ZHP.

pedro2u
06-24-2021, 01:44 PM
Mr 3000 : Hope you continue to be an active Mafioso even without a ZHP.

Fredo - it's been 3 1/2 years since the Mafia declared I was the 3,000th member (you were one of them) - you guys were a hoot welcoming me to this great family. I'm pretty certain there are :mafia Mafioso "Rules" that dictate that you can never leave the family.......nono

I check in here every day as it is just to keep up with everyone's stories, can't picture that will ever change. I learned so much from everyone here, it's a lifelong privilege to try to pay it forward (and back)

And to wear the badge of honor below of Mr 3,000 that the family bestowed - how could I ever give that up? :dunno Hope to be around to give the Mr 4,000 welcome

fredo
06-24-2021, 06:47 PM
:like

pedro2u
06-25-2021, 04:21 PM
and so it goes..... transaction completed to MikeH and it got loaded on the flatbed. Mike is a great guy, will be a terrific steward, and I gave him all the info for the Mafia.... hope he joins. He's a true car guy who appreciated what it took to make and keep it this nice. Here's the final picture.....

The driver looks happier in the reflection than in person :cool

fredo
06-25-2021, 06:42 PM
Congrats, glad to hear the vert found a good home. But I assumed the buyer was local to you.

pedro2u
06-26-2021, 04:10 AM
Congrats, glad to hear the vert found a good home. But I assumed the buyer was local to you.

He is local, but local when you live near the state line meant he was from Massachusetts, and the car was in southern NH. So that complicated him getting a license plate quickly. It was easier for him to whip out the AAA card and get a proper chauffeured ride. Plus it allowed me to coach him on watching clearances of the that brand new MTechII bumper. When we lined it on the ramp, I showed him it looked like it would get damaged loading it, and we actually needed the additional ramps from my storage unit to help get it on the flatbed unscathed

I also gave him all my receipts, and a flash drive with all my files and manuals and brochures, plus all the painstaking research on ZHP repairs including the Bentley PDF. He's off to a good start. And thanks to everyone here in the Mafia. Most of that info came from our posts right here

Day 1 without my ZHP, and I find myself trolling Craigslist for ZHP's already. My wife is gonna kill me:crying