PDA

View Full Version : 2005 ZHP Rear Armpad re-install problems

Satcho
08-12-2021, 09:52 AM
I am experiencing problems re-installing the rear quarter panel armrest pads.

I purchased carbon fiber armrests (front and rear along dash, steering wheel, and dash. I removed and re-installed the front armrest first. Then simply transferred that experience gained to the rear. The rear pads were harder to remove which I attribute to the smaller size. I discovered that someone must have encountered problems getting pads to seat properly because a few of the pins on each pad had double metal clips on them.

I have been struggling to get them to seat properly. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe a different type of fastener?38296

sillieidiot
08-14-2021, 07:36 PM
It's the same process as the front. Not sure if your CF arm rests are like mines. But some of my holes were not large enough, so I measured the OE size and just drilled it to the correct size. I'm not sure how you're doing it, but I find it easier to put the metal clips in the hole first, then push on the pad. If you still can't get it all the way down, then use a screw driver to push the metal clip while you are pushing on the leather still.

Satcho
08-15-2021, 05:26 AM
It's the same process as the front. Not sure if your CF arm rests are like mines. But some of my holes were not large enough, so I measured the OE size and just drilled it to the correct size. I'm not sure how you're doing it, but I find it easier to put the metal clips in the hole first, then push on the pad. If you still can't get it all the way down, then use a screw driver to push the metal clip while you are pushing on the leather still.

Thanks for your input. I had to sit them down for while before I re-attempted the install.

Ultimately, I discovered the same approach you cited ... place the clips in the opening first. Also nearly every pin had two clips on it. So I just put one on each pin. This worked!