PDA

View Full Version : An Unexpected Return: My SilberGrau ZHP

FL116
01-21-2022, 12:06 PM
Well this was quite unexpected, and to be completely honest, happened very quickly. This past Monday I happened to be scrolling through Facebook Marketplace and came across a car listing with photos of what appeared to be a ZHP. As I’m sure everyone does, I had to investigate... Long story short, here I am with my second ZHP. I got a deal that I COULDN'T refuse. I called the dealership to get info on the car, we agreed on a price, and I gave them a deposit over the phone. I drove a couple of hours this past Wednesday to go pick up the vehicle and it cleaned up so nicely compared to the photos in the advertisement.

Here is my 2005 BMW 330i ZHP, SilberGrau Metallic, Black Cube Trim, 6 Speed Manual, 164k miles. This car is a 1 Owner, Clean Carfax, Zero Accidents, Zero Rust, Florida Owned car it’s entire life, serviced at BMW. The ZHP is completely stock and the previous owner actually just put Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires on it just a couple weeks before I bought it. It doors have a few flaws, such as the steering wheel needing to be re-wrapped, a small scuff on the rear bumper, a small quarter sized dent on the front passenger fender, and some headliner sag. Overall, the vehicle is in amazing shape, and like I mentioned, very well maintained.

As some of you may have seen, I recently went on a search to find my old Imola ZHP. Well long story short, I did find the current owner and of my old ZHP and he wasn’t interested in selling. So I went on with my life not really searching for another ZHP, but this ZHP was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up. The moment I sat down in this car and smelled the classic BMW E46 smell, the nostalgia started to kick in. When I took it for a test drive, shifting through the gears, it made me realize how truly special this car is. I currently also own a ‘17 Ford Focus ST and an ‘02 Lexus IS300 (Big Turbo Project Car). And let me just say, even though my Focus ST is my daily and is 12 years newer, I can say that the BMW is a much better drivers car all around.

But anyways, I will be posting my progress to this thread and keeping it updated. Maybe I’ll even install a Vibrant Performance exhaust that I came up with years ago that seems to have become pretty popular LOL. It’s good to be back! It’s also been a while so I need to get back into “BMW Mode”.

Here are some photos of my ZHP:

Vas
01-21-2022, 12:11 PM
Welcome back.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

fredo
01-21-2022, 12:26 PM
Well done, man. Congrats ! Good to hear you moved quickly on this car. I love that combo: SG on alcantara.

PdZHP
01-21-2022, 12:40 PM
Congrats!

FL116
01-21-2022, 01:32 PM
Well done, man. Congrats ! Good to hear you moved quickly on this car. I love that combo: SG on alcantara.

Thank you. I couldn’t pass it up for that price. The Alcantara interior is something I wish I had on my previous ZHP, so I’m glad I was able to get it now.

cakM3
01-21-2022, 01:37 PM
Congrats on the pickup :thumbsup

BMWCurves
01-21-2022, 02:34 PM
Congrats! How many miles?

RUS_ZHP
01-21-2022, 03:33 PM
Welcome back. ZHP is such a great driving experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FL116
01-21-2022, 04:44 PM
Congrats! How many miles?

164k miles

Congrats on the pickup :thumbsup

Thanks Charlie!

Welcome back. ZHP is such a great driving experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good to be back! And you’re absolutely right. Now I have to re-emerge myself into the BMW world lol

FL116
01-31-2022, 05:03 PM
Well... as I wait for some replacement parts to be delivered, I did some subtle, but tasteful modifications. Installed some Ziza Interior LEDs and threw some Angel eyes (From the Angel Eye Guy) on as well. I have some more items on the way but shipping delays are killing me right now.

I was also able to visit a German shop down the road who happened to have a couple ZHPs that they were parting out and got the passenger side Gloss Black Shadowline trim for only $25. The driver side was cracked unfortunately, but they said as soon as another one shows up on the lot, I got dibs. Sounds better than $400 for a new one lol.

Steering wheel will be getting sent off to Coby Wheel this week to get re-wrapped. As well as getting a new interior shift boot, e-brake boot, etc.

And quick question, where is everyone getting their replacement headlight lenses these days? I’ve noticed Khoalty is gone now. Any recommendations would be great!

cakM3
01-31-2022, 05:24 PM
Great score on the shadow line trim Bryant! That is something I will be needing to do sometime as well but right now have other items keeping me busy at the moment :)

Vas
01-31-2022, 05:26 PM
Fcpeuro for the Magnetti Marelli ones. Or Amazon has them.

fredo
01-31-2022, 05:38 PM
New lenses will make a big difference. That's one of the first things I did for my car. BTW, I can't see your 2 recent attachments.

FL116
02-04-2022, 11:57 AM
Great score on the shadow line trim Bryant! That is something I will be needing to do sometime as well but right now have other items keeping me busy at the moment :)

Thanks! Just have to find the driver side and I will be very happy!

Fcpeuro for the Magnetti Marelli ones. Or Amazon has them.

Ordered :santa1

New lenses will make a big difference. That's one of the first things I did for my car. BTW, I can't see your 2 recent attachments.

Not sure why they didn’t upload... but it was just some photos of the Angel Eyes.

Also, I found some wheel spacers in my “BMW box” from my previous ownership of my last zhp. 12.5mm in the front, 15mm in the rear. Nice subtle difference. Also gave the ZHP a very nice wash and wax, although cosmetically it still needs some attention. I have parts on order from ECS that were ordered a bit ago, said they shipped, then received notification they probably won’t ship for another 2 weeks.... not sure what’s going on.

Also, I apologize for the sideways photos, not sure how to make them stay vertical.

Also, as I was disconnecting the battery today to take the steering wheel off to send to Coby Wheel, I noticed some plastic under the trunk carpet... turns out the previous owner left the license plate delete trim piece there. That’s a win!

FL116
04-01-2022, 01:35 PM
Not a lot going on with the ZHP right now, been focusing my efforts on finishing up my IS300 turbo build, which is finally done. But most recent updates are a fresh wheel wrapped by Coby Wheel and an OEM ZHP shift knob. That’s all the updates I have right now.

cakM3
04-02-2022, 05:14 AM
Looking good Bryant! :cool

FL116
11-06-2022, 04:58 PM
Soooo…. I have lots of of new goodies in the car since the last update. This car is not my daily and hopefully I will be getting in some track days here pretty soon now that the car is a little more dialed in. I am still interested in hearing from the track guys about some “necessities” for the track, whether it be maintenance or certain modifications. Since the last post, I have added a lot of parts to the car. Here’s the list.

Avin Avant Headunit
Vibrant Performance Exhaust
Replaced Oil Filter Housing Gasket
AKG Poly FCABs
AKG Poly RTABs
AKG Front Sway Bar End Links
Stoptech SS Brake Lines F/R
ECS Tuning F/R Sway Bars
ECS Tuning Coilovers
AA Headers + Tune
OMP WRC-R Bucket Seat w/ Bimmerworld Brackets
Kosei K1 Wheels - 17x8.5 +40

Needless to say, the car feels completely different, and very solid. The ECS Tuning coilovers weren’t my initial choice, but I saw they were on sale and really wanted to just test them out and see how they would perform, and so far, they are great! Car feels very planted in the corners and drives nicely on the street, but can definitely feel more of the road, which I don’t mind.

Now enjoy some photos :)