PDA

View Full Version : Driver Seat Belt Loose... any fix?

Dathaeus
05-03-2022, 06:29 PM
My driver side seat belt is loose, meaning the spring to zips the belt back into place after use is super weak or there is resistance somewhere so it takes a little jostling or "encouragement" to get all the way back into resting position...

Any fix for this?

az3579
05-03-2022, 06:41 PM
Take it apart and clean the mechanism.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

t.er
05-03-2022, 06:48 PM
Pull it all the way out, use carpet cleaner and a MF towel. Then rub some silicone spray on the belt and it should retract much faster

az3579
05-04-2022, 10:07 AM
Pull it all the way out, use carpet cleaner and a MF towel. Then rub some silicone spray on the belt and it should retract much fasterI wouldn't expose the belts to any kind of chemicals or sprays as that could potentially degrade the material and cause failure...

John in VA
05-04-2022, 11:35 AM
I've used Folex upholstery cleaner or Woolite with silicone spray and had no issues with t.er's approach over the decades.

t.er
05-04-2022, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't expose the belts to any kind of chemicals or sprays as that could potentially degrade the material and cause failure...

Seat belts are one of the most critical safety items in a vehicle and there are super strict regulatory requirements and internal testing at OEMs. A little bit of carpet cleaner and silicone spray won't do any harm