PDA

View Full Version : Selling a totaled ZHP coupe (CA)

velocity_b
11-20-2022, 02:48 PM
So over the summer I was hit by a drunk driver who ran a red. :mad
My ZHP was hit on the drivers side front corner and declared a total loss.
The other drivers insurance made an "owner retains" offer so I'd have to sell the car.
What can you expect to get from a salvage yard in CA for an 05 ZHP coupe (auto) these days?
I'm not interested in parting it out as I live in an apartment.
It had about 135k on it if that matters...
:dunno

squashman702
11-21-2022, 09:29 AM
I'd post it on Facebook for a few thousand. Auto is hurting the parts value, but coupe helps. If it's priced reasonably, you'll (theoretically) have a few serious people who will take it off your hands in short order amongst the 100 people that are going to waste your time.

I think you're going to see the most money through an auction site like copart, etc if you wanted a check right away. Salvage yard probably won't care that it's a ZHP and are going to pay the same as what they would for any E46.

fredo
11-21-2022, 07:10 PM
Salvage yard will pay very little. I asked some years ago, they said “we pay 600 dlls if the car is in running condition”.

az3579
11-22-2022, 02:12 PM
Well if someone does end up buying it to part out and ends up being local to the northeast, I need the engine... hit me up lol

velocity_b
12-12-2022, 09:43 AM
I'd post it on Facebook for a few thousand. Auto is hurting the parts value, but coupe helps. If it's priced reasonably, you'll (theoretically) have a few serious people who will take it off your hands in short order amongst the 100 people that are going to waste your time.

I think you're going to see the most money through an auction site like copart, etc if you wanted a check right away. Salvage yard probably won't care that it's a ZHP and are going to pay the same as what they would for any E46.

Thanks! Sorry for the delayed response, got buried in work.