PDA

View Full Version : ZHP Family Reunion Revived.......plus more.......thoughts/opinions

BADCLOWN
11-21-2022, 05:46 AM
I joined up on this forum years ago and there was only one opportunity for me to attend a family reunion and for some unknown reason I wasn't able to go. There hasn't been a family reunion in quite some time, what do the masses think about trying to revive this GTG and possibly coordinate it with a larger BMW show? I personally have never been to a larger BMW show either, it would be nice to attend one and make it a nice end cap to a ZHP filled weekend.

COVID is kinda over I suppose, figured if there was a shot of making this happen to start planning a little early.

cakM3
11-21-2022, 05:56 AM
Jacob, past reunion meets have been amazing. I have been to a few and have made lasting friendships with a few members here. The cruising down and back made for some memorable moments as well as the GTG with people you talk to on the forum. It is nice to place a face to the forum name. Location is key unfortunately.

John in VA
11-21-2022, 08:27 AM
Our cars are almost old enough for us to meet at The Vintage gathering, held in May in Asheville, NC. It started with a handful of 2002 owners in the Winston-Salem area & has grown to over 600 vintage BMWs.
https://www.atthevintage.com/

3ZHPGUY
11-21-2022, 08:28 AM
I did host one of the last ones back in October of 2016.

I know the group has changed since then and I’m not certain of current participation for another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BADCLOWN
11-21-2022, 01:48 PM
The Vintage looks like a pretty nice show.

As far as participation goes, thats part of the reason for this thread: to see if the interest is there at all.

John in VA
11-21-2022, 02:33 PM
We had several stand-alone 5er Fests for the E28 crew. We found it was easier for everyone to meet at The Vintage v. logistics of a separate event. We have a number of events with the local chapter of the BMW club (concours, picnic, tours) that get people together, but there's nothing better than seeing an entire group of one chassis!

az3579
11-21-2022, 05:24 PM
I would have interest but not really into the really large shows/meets/gatherings. I much more enjoyed the smaller gatherings of the reunion meets versus big meets.

san
11-21-2022, 06:13 PM
I would have interest but not really into the really large shows/meets/gatherings. I much more enjoyed the smaller gatherings of the reunion meets versus big meets.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wstr75
11-22-2022, 04:36 PM
Hey, two separate paths sounds possible. Path A: Those interested meet up at the 2023 Vintage as a sub-set group. Path B: Meet in a designated city as a solely ZHP Mafia gathering.

Path C: Bi-Coastal Gatherings - A West Coast ZHP Mafia gathering and an East coast gathering.

S2Ace
11-23-2022, 12:16 AM
I would be interested in a part b or c!

Vas
11-23-2022, 01:54 PM
I always wanted to attend but never worked out. Count me in...