PDA

View Full Version : OEM BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Brace

ThePayola
08-06-2023, 01:29 PM
After 10 years of ownership, I recently sold my ZHP and now I'm selling the OEM BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Brace I had installed awhile back.

It's listed on eBay for $2,100, which includes shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/295807900275. Feel free to message me directly with any questions or to make an offer.

cakM3
08-06-2023, 02:36 PM
I saw your listing. Surprising to see this strut bar listed for so much. For that much I would expect to see fresh mounting hardware and plastic end caps to come with this strut bar... GLWS

ThePayola
08-06-2023, 07:58 PM
I saw your listing. Surprising to see this strut bar listed for so much. For that much I would expect to see fresh mounting hardware and plastic end caps to come with this strut bar... GLWS

I’ll consider reasonable offers.

And FWIW, the only other one on eBay right now is listed for $2,400. No hardware and mine is in better shape.

But thanks for the input.

BADCLOWN
08-07-2023, 01:58 PM
Great OE piece to have, GLWS

John in VA
08-07-2023, 03:35 PM
Charlie, unless you're working on a time machine he can ask what he wants - doesn't mean it will sell. I didn't have the ZHP or E39 when BMW decided to blow out the Performance parts and wheels, so missed the great deals.

cakM3
08-07-2023, 03:42 PM
Charlie, unless you're working on a time machine he can ask what he wants - doesn't mean it will sell. I didn't have the ZHP or E39 when BMW decided to blow out the Performance parts and wheels, so missed the great deals.

I understand John which is why posted at the end of my post that it was his strut bar and that he was the one selling it at whatever price. It is his choice and I also wished him good luck with sale . . .

I have seen the Performance carbon fiber strut bar break in half and that is why I have a spare in case the one mounted on my M3 breaks.

ThePayola
08-07-2023, 09:37 PM
I understand John which is why posted at the end of my post that it was his strut bar and that he was the one selling it at whatever price. It is his choice and I also wished him good luck with sale . . .

I have seen the Performance carbon fiber strut bar break in half and that is why I have a spare in case the one mounted on my M3 breaks.

If someone can find one at a better price, then they’re welcome to buy it. If they want to make me an offer for less than my asking price, then I’ll consider it. But you’re neither buying nor selling, so unless you’re offering rides in your Time Machine back to a day when these were available for cheaper, then I’m struggling to understand what you’re bringing to the discussion. Simply throwing a “GLWS” in at the end of a post trying to undermine my listing and erode the value of my item ain’t the move.

Galapolis
08-07-2023, 10:25 PM
I've seen these sell for more than the asking price here so I'd say this is more than a fair price and definitely a good price if a lower offer is accepted.

WOLFN8TR
08-08-2023, 10:19 AM
Before I bought my M3 in 2015 I had one on my ZHP which I sold to Jacob (BADCLOWN) for $600. I also purchased one locally for $400 that went to Daniel, that was a smoking deal! It's crazy how much these went up in price over the years. I've seen these sell anywhere from $1000-$1500 because of the declining availability. Since Karbonius came out with their reinforced version for $1000 shipped it's just harder to sell these at those higher prices.

I know the guy who sent Karbonius his cracked BMW CF strut bar to use a model and in turn they fixed his bar for Free. He then sold that bar for $1500 on the M3Forum before the Karbonius bar was released. The Karbonius strut bar sells for $925 on Turner Motorsport and is covered by their "Lifetime Replacement Policy" and includes 6 titanium nuts.

Karbonius E46 Carbon Fiber Front Strut Brace.
Karbonius Composites has taken inspiration from BMW's performance strut bar to create their own strut bar. The result is an extremely strong but light brace, which adds strength and stability. 100% Carbon Fiber and Includes 6 Titanium nuts. Available in Gloss or Matte Black also Black or Polished end pieces and Airbrush Logo under varnish as well.

https://karbonius.net/producto/karbonius-m3-e46-strut-brace/ (https://karbonius.net/producto/karbonius-m3-e46-strut-brace/)

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-4265283-karbonius-e46-strut-brace/ (https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-4265283-karbonius-e46-strut-brace/)

kakashi169
08-08-2023, 12:08 PM
What a piece!! GLWS!! I know this will sell well.

ThePayola
08-08-2023, 03:21 PM
The eBay listing has a "Make an Offer" feature. I'm fairly certain you already know this, but an asking price is just that...an ASKING PRICE. My starting point is around the midway of the three most recent listings I've seen (mine included) - even though it's in the best shape of the three.

Maybe you don't think you're trashing/undermining, but I doubt you'd appreciate someone swooping in on one of your posts and hijacking it with comments about old prices that are way under the current market value, alternative non-OEM parts from other suppliers, and anecdotes about other people's strut bars breaking in half. At this point, you're making comments that are actively discouraging people ("I would hate to be the guy who pays your price only to have this part break in half 6 months later...").

I'm not trying to rip anyone off, so nobody needs your protection here. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop. Thanks.

johnrando
08-15-2023, 06:41 AM
All, no commenting on seller's prices allowed here. They can list items for what they want, and if you don't approve, that is your right, but do not comment on a price unless asked. Just move on.