PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Silver ZHP 6MT Sedan

Bea-Z
01-07-2024, 08:35 PM
Up for sale is my clean 2003 ZHP (VIN WBAEV53473KM04115), Titanium Silver exterior, black Alcantara interior, 6MT with 158,820 miles.

The car runs, drives, and stops great. Tons of fun to drive! And, with the exception of the push-button dial on the speedo cluster that sets the time on the radio, everything works like it did from the factory.
Has been a Texas / Louisiana car its entire life – zero rust!

This was not my daily driver and was mostly used as a spare vehicle and project/hobby/toy. I have added approximately 15K miles since I purchased the vehicle in July 2020 and have completed the following maintenance items:
- Replaced valve cover gasket, oil filter gasket, and spark plugs
- Upgraded the DISA valve with an aluminum flap
- Replaced front and rear brake rotors and installed Akebono Ultra-Premium ceramic brake pads
- Had wheels refinished and installed Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ tires (approx. 14,300 miles on new rotors, brakes and tires)
- Replaced all idler and tensioner pulleys
- Replaced rear shocks and installed reinforcement plates
- Replaced front struts, strut mounts and installed reinforcement plates
- Replaced front sway bar links
- Replaced exhaust diffuser, windshield cowling, and added window tint
- Replaced power steering pump, flushed fluid
- Replaced battery in 2023
- Replaced HVAC control (A/C had stopped working)
- Replaced front control arm bushings
- Replaced brake vacuum booster, flushed brake fluid
- Oil changes with Mobile 1 full-synthetic

I also installed a BlueBus Bluetooth radio adaptor. Other than that, I believe the car is 100% stock.

Things that are wrong or could use attention include:
- Oil pan has a small leak, needs a new gasket
- Headliner sags in the back, needs replacement
- Driver’s seat side bolster has a hole, previous owner patched, needs to be fixed by a professional
- Windshield has a small chip, doesn’t leak
- Headlights are dim due to burnt bowls, need upgrade/replacement
- Front bumper needs paint from where I hit a parking curb

The car came with a seemingly random stack of maintenance records. I have no idea if they’re complete. I’ve kept a spreadsheet with all the prior maintenance actions as well as the maintenance I’ve completed. I’m happy to send this to anyone who wants to see it and will include it with the car.

Asking $11,000

Please contact me at (318) 773-6950 if you’d like to discuss this vehicle.

Located in Shreveport, LA.

Pictures below.

Brad

pedro2u
01-08-2024, 11:34 AM
Small world! Fun to see the history cycle when ZHPMafia members report ZHP's for sale whenever we spot them! Here's yours in 2020 when it was spotted on CL and reported here:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?23110-CL-find-2003-330i-zhp-6spd-9400

FYI - the push button stalk on the cluster is an easy fix. Mine had the same issue. Need to get a replacement stalk from a donor cluster (not available as a standalone part from BMW otherwise). I got lucky and found a guy in Europe who had just the stalks for sale on eBay. Plus watch this great 50sKid video on it! That made it an easy fix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3kPO_VeHwM&t=2s

GLWS! Pictures will help!

Bea-Z
01-08-2024, 04:06 PM
Having trouble adding pictures.

Bea-Z
01-08-2024, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the input. I'll have to look into the repair you mentioned. Seems like some smart person would sell 3-D printed versions.

Finally figured out how to add pictures.

pedro2u
01-08-2024, 06:12 PM
Great pics. GLWS

I've seen somewhere that someone was selling buttons from 3D printings.... but as I said, I bought mine from ebay UK, similar to here and I paid about the same: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276125772023