PDA

View Full Version : I wish the interior door pulls were not chrome...

Washburn
06-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Those door pull-handles are the only major chrome/shiny part in the otherwise black/dark interior of my car - which has the alcantara interior. ... and they stick out like a big sore thumb in an otherwise dark, sporty looking interior,
I really which they were black or at least black chrome.

Wonder if anyone has any ideas to make them black?

Ryans323i
06-11-2011, 09:17 AM
I've wondered this same thing. I've seriously considered Plasti-dip. But it's such a used item I'm afraid it wouldn't hold up.

Maybe getting them black chromed would be an option.

mimalmo
06-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I have the long version of the eurotray instead of cup holders which uses a chrome accent on it. At first it bothered me but now, I feel it ties in nicely with the door handles.

billschusteriv
06-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Good call Ryan. I was also thinking about the plastidip but didn't know if it would hold up.

Black chrome would look sweet.

If we could get them made in aluminum, black anodized would look cool.

spencers
06-11-2011, 11:00 AM
remove them and have them anodized or powder coated

mimalmo
06-11-2011, 11:14 AM
remove them and have them anodized or powder coated

Chrome is a biatch to remove and the metal underneath may be too soft to media blast. If they are made of plastic, it's even tougher.

Washburn
06-12-2011, 09:16 AM
So i guess we'll have to live with them :(

static667
06-12-2011, 11:03 AM
They feel like they are plastic in my car. You may be able to take them off, sand them lightly, and respray them to the color you would like. If I were to do this, I'd only paint the visible, and outer areas leaving the back chromed. That way, the part the gets the most abuse doesn't have some kind of coating that would flake or peel off.

Sent using Tapatalk on my rooted Droid. Wut?