PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2004 330i ZHP Performance Package, 6MT, $13.5k, 113,252 Mi, Imola Red/Alcantara, NY

ELCID86
06-15-2011, 08:44 AM
I don't think this is a repeat post. Has anyone inquired on this car? I spoke to the owner who says several have driven, loved it, made offers, but for one reason or the other the 3+ deals have fallen through. Pretty car and in my price range and not too far away.

http://www.zhpregistry.net/forsale/DisplayListing.aspx?id=124

Marcus-SanDiego
06-15-2011, 08:59 AM
I think this is a relist. Once upon a time it was for sale. Looks to be for sale again.

Marcus-SanDiego
06-15-2011, 09:00 AM
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?982-For-Sale-2004-E46-BMW-330i-ZHP-Red-110k-miles-Stick-lowered-rest-stock-NY

ELCID86
06-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Your forum searching is a notch up from mine!

Marcus-SanDiego
06-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Actually, I just remembered the car and the ad. What's more, I remembered the word "yener." I knew we had a member named Yener here, so I went to his profile. Then I pulled up his posts. Voila!

So, I am sure your searching is as good as mine. However, I had an advantage: I remembered the post from four months ago. Once I saw Yener, I knew I would find the post.

So, no worries, pal. You're all good.

watspoppin
06-16-2011, 09:51 PM
How come his turn signals are orange and not clear? I'm asking because I'm interested in the car, and that's why I joined the forum, I hope to make this my new home!

danewilson77
06-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Is it a sedan?

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Marcus-SanDiego
06-16-2011, 10:27 PM
How come his turn signals are orange and not clear? I'm asking because I'm interested in the car, and that's why I joined the forum, I hope to make this my new home!

It's a sedan. The sedans had orange/amber turn signals. The coupes had clears.

Welcome to the forum, sir.

watspoppin
06-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Oh ok, I think I'm going to go for it. Anyone have any opinions on a car with 115,000 miles? He claims to have done a lot of precautionary work, but there's no receipts, although he did take the car to BMW for another offer he has on the table and they checked everything...

Marcus-SanDiego
06-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Any car over 100,000 miles should be looked at closely. I'd really like to see records. You want to make sure that all of the maintenance has been done. Was the oil changed regularly? I'd hate to find out that you have a bucket of sludge under the valve cover because the guy didn't change the oil regularly.

So, anyhow, my rule is that I want to see excellent maintenance records for any car over 100,000 miles. It's nice that the owner says he did preventive maintenance. It's another thing to prove that there isn't a bunch of deferred maintenance sitting under the hood.

You have to figure out what rules you want to live by, though. We're all different.

Good luck with whatever you do.

llll1l1ll
06-20-2011, 03:43 AM
If only this car had less miles. It is precisely what I'm looking for.

watspoppin
06-22-2011, 09:30 AM
I went and saw the car last week, apparently the seller is divorced/getting divorced, he needs to sell the car before he moves back to Turkey and start over there. The car is CLEAN, I couldn't find any "serious" flaws, the alcantra is sick although the steering wheel and boot is worn. To be honest, I'm 18, and although I'm paying for the car my self, being that I live with my parents and they support me they have to OK whatever I buy and my father is not ok with the amount of miles on this car. If it was solely up to me what I do with my money the car would already be in my driveway and I'd probably be washing it atm. My father drove the car and he says it was great. (I don't drive stick that well so I let me dad take care of test driving) Everything on the car looks straight but if anyone goes for it get a PPI and ask them to confirm all the parts the seller claimed he changed.

Marcus-SanDiego
06-22-2011, 09:55 AM
^^thanks for that additional information. Have to love that we have Mafia members all over the country test driving these cars -- and then reporting their findings.

watspoppin
07-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Well, I'm back and I still want this car. Now I have a new question. What can I expect to go wrong with this car? What's expected to go at this mileage?

ELCID86
07-04-2011, 05:36 AM
I just bought an '02 330Ci (non ZHP) for my 18 YO son. It had 120k miles on it. So far no problems. We had no maintenance history since it came from a VW dealer on trade in. So far we have changed the trans. fluid, diff. fluid, fuel filter, power steering fluid, oil and filter. Some advice danewilson77 gave me as far as next steps are: Coolant overhaul, pulleys, brakes and suspension in addition to VANOS (www.beisansystems.com). --some good father/son bonding time.

BTW, the way I taught my son to drive a stick after an initial lesson with his friend in an Accord, was to go and test drive cars at local used car lots (not dealerships). While the dealers always want to ride along, the used car guys do not. I'd drive it off the lot and we'd find a subdivision to let him learn... he picked it up pretty quickly as I'm sure you will.

GLWP, I say go for it!

Hornung418
07-04-2011, 05:41 AM
Well, I'm back and I still want this car. Now I have a new question. What can I expect to go wrong with this car? What's expected to go at this mileage?

A lot of things will need to be looked at before you attempt to drive it. This is called a Pre Purchase Inspection or PPI.

Known wear items that should be replaced at or around 100k miles are cooling system, belts, pulleys, tensioners, front control arm bushings (FCABs), rear shock mounts (RSMs), fluids should be replaced, and you'll probably want to have the VANOS unit repaired with Beisan Systems (www.Beisansystems.com) revised o rings an teflon seals.

And this car is Dane's twin...lol similar mileage and everything!

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.