PDA

View Full Version : I need the mafias opinion!

xtremecro
06-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Idk how to start a poll using my iPhone but how does the mafia feel about debadging and replacing the 330in with a M symbol or black 330i?

az3579
06-23-2011, 01:37 AM
There is an existing poll on it here:
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?2622-Who-all-here-is-debadged

Personally, I wouldn't put an M badge on it. I have the blacked out 330i and I love it. I love it even more considering the fact that everyone and their mother has debadged, so I want to be different. :)

cakM3
06-23-2011, 01:46 AM
^
+1

I have gone the same route as BP and agree with his input. IMHO, I don't think the ///M badge should go on the bootlid unless it is an ///M (M3 / M5 / M6) and I wouldn't do this to my ZHP. If you don't like the 330i badge then just de-badge like others have and keep other's guessing, or go to Bimmian.com and get the blacked out badge instead :biggrin.

Ultimately, it's your car and you are free to do as you please :thumbsup

johnrando
06-23-2011, 06:25 AM
^
+1

I have gone the same route as BP and agree with his input. IMHO, I don't think the ///M badge should go on the bootlid unless it is an ///M (M3 / M5 / M6) and I wouldn't do this to my ZHP. If you don't like the 330i badge then just de-badge like others have and keep other's guessing, or go to Bimmian.com and get the blacked out badge instead :biggrin.

Ultimately, it's your car and you are free to do as you please :thumbsup
+1

static667
06-23-2011, 06:39 AM
The blacked out badges look sweet. I'm considering them myself.

Sent using Tapatalk on my rooted Droid. Wut?

xtremecro
06-23-2011, 06:47 AM
I saw one for sale on autostrade from Vegas. Supposedly straight from Europe and it came with M badge. Is this true

Marcus-SanDiego
06-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Very likely that it had an M badge if it was straight from Europe. I've seen many of those.

GSEN820
06-23-2011, 07:42 AM
No M badge. If BMW did put on it, something to think about.........

danewilson77
06-23-2011, 07:56 AM
No ///M

Black would be cool.

Debadge = :drool

SoarinZHP
06-23-2011, 08:18 AM
I'll be contrarian. I have the //M badge before the 330 on the trunk lid of mine. It's an unpopular choice here, but I really like it on mine. As someone said to me, "It's your car." Do what you like and makes you happy. You'll be the one driving it all the time...

P.S Mine came with it... I wouldn't have thought to put it on myself...

johnrando
06-23-2011, 08:19 AM
I'll be contrarian. I have the //M badge before the 330 on the trunk lid of mine. It's an unpopular choice here, but I really like it on mine.

Pic?

Marcus-SanDiego
06-23-2011, 08:27 AM
I'll be contrarian. I have the //M badge before the 330 on the trunk lid of mine. It's an unpopular choice here, but I really like it on mine. As someone said to me, "It's your car." Do what you like and makes you happy. You'll be the one driving it all the time...

And even if people wouldn't do it, it doesn't matter. It's your car. You're the one who paid for it.

Car mods are like clothing. How you dress yourself or your car is your business.

danewilson77
06-23-2011, 08:30 AM
And even if people wouldn't do it, it doesn't matter. It's your car. You're the one who paid for it.

Car mods are like clothing. How you dress yourself or your car is your business.

.....and......the clothes can be taken off, and replaced with other sezzier clothes....anytime time, "business time", warrants it.

Dek
06-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Pic?

Looks something like this, I'm assuming:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7RsRFGrKkkyHcM7jrG2DGPDZnB8NK2 u93KBk5lF2Nc0hKimFgtA&t=1

az3579
06-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Just for everyone's information, no non-M E46 came with any sort of ///M badging on the bootlid, unless someone went out of their way and paid BMW to put it there. If it's there and it's not an ///M, it's because someone put it there, so if you're considering it because "it came like that", it's just something to keep in mind.

If you're putting it there because you like it, that's a different story. :)

kyfdx
06-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Mine came de-badged... I like it that way..

I wouldn't put an M badge on.... just sayin...

cakM3
06-26-2011, 10:31 AM
My two cents worth to this discussion thread...

The ZHP did come with ///M badges on the steering wheel, shifter (famous ZHP shift knob) and wheels (style 135s). In regards to this I don't see any problem and anyone who "knows" anything about BMWs should know this regarding the ZHP. IMO, it's a very unique car and I feel very lucky to be an owner of one. :thumbsup I also own an E46 ///M3, so I guess that makes me a very lucky guy. I can say that I am lucky enough to have two of the best 3-series that you can have.

Regarding mods....

I see people using the oval ///M3 rear view (see my sig) and side mirrors as well as the M3 style front bumpers. I, personally, don't see a problem with that. The thing that bugs me is when people start to slap on ///M3 badges and side gills. That's just me I guess...

There is a limit in what you do to mod your car but like I said earlier, if the owner wants to do this and doesn't care if he/she gets flamed for doing this and they are happy then so be it.

As an ///M3 owner, I may not approve of what a person may be doing to their car regarding slapping on ///M3 badges and side gills, but then I try to keep in mind that everyone has the right to mod their car in their unique ways. Even if I may not approve of how they mod their cars, it comes down to this IMHO... mod as you wish but at least keep it in good taste. :thumbsup

Sorry for the long rant...just wanted to share my views with the mafia. Feel free to comment on what I say here....good or bad....

JHiggy
06-26-2011, 10:40 AM
No M. I'm biased though because I just saw an e46 sedan with stock rims and no exterior signs of M or sport with an M3 badge. I know people mod their cars but it looked like a weird attempt to let folks know one thing about the car you drive when it's not. But who cares, do what makes you happy. In some way though, you're letting the world know what you've got and if you're honest about it, I think it's all the better. If you debadge as others have posted, keeps folks guessing.

billschusteriv
06-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Idk how to start a poll using my iPhone but how does the mafia feel about debadging and replacing the 330in with a M symbol or black 330i?

It's all about what you want on your car.

Personally, I'd go black, debadged, or actually let people know what you've got - e.g. a ZHP badge from Bimmian.com