PDA

View Full Version : Best mod you've added to your car

GSEN820
06-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Throughout the years I have had many cars and put on many mods. I recently purchased a MOD that I cannot say enough about. After putting on full suspension, rims, full body kit (replace stock) there is one that did not cost a lot but I sure do love.

I had help from a fellow Member on this forum with the install. I can tell you that this morning it is about a week since I added this MOD.

The installation of the short throw shifter BMW PERFORMANCE KIT has been the best mod to date. While this MOD was put on my 325ci, I can tell you that it has been the best. I absolutely love this MOD. I have not had a short shifter on my car since my infamous street racing days in the mid 1990's in Ontario, CA (where I was met by a helicopter, about 20 cop cars, and a week in the slammer for racing, not to mention car impounded with more violations than I knew what to do with).

The 325ci may not be all that fast but the shifter has made me feel as if it could take the ZHP. Well aware that it wont.

One MOD that I am so happy I did which I never really thought of doing.

Please share some stories of MODS that you have done that didn't cost all that much that have made you love your car that much more even a week later.

Besides the obvious of the purchase of your vehicle.

Let's see what other have done...............

spencers
06-23-2011, 07:45 AM
My favorite:
Retrofitted factory xenons with some quality brand new Phillips bulbs. The difference between halogens is astounding.

My girlfriend's favorite:
Factory european clear lamps. She says my car looks cleaner without the ambers.

C Withers Media
06-23-2011, 07:52 AM
The best mod I did was tightening up the nut behind the steering wheel.

danewilson77
06-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Gots to be the trim.......

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Silver%20Bimmer/DSC02128sz1100.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Silver%20Bimmer/DSC02137sz1100.jpg

mimalmo
06-23-2011, 08:19 AM
KW V2 coilovers. Improved ride quality, handling and looks.

GSEN820
06-23-2011, 08:39 AM
So you straightened out Casey???????

GSEN820
06-23-2011, 08:40 AM
Trim looks great. Is this something you did????

ZSP-Mafia
06-23-2011, 08:41 AM
2.93 to 3.38 diff swap.

danewilson77
06-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Trim looks great. Is this something you did????

Feia0303.......otherwise known as Sophia Qu did it out of Concord, CA....for free. I paypaled her some dough though. She has offered her services before to people. You can find her on FB.

Thanks for the compli.

GSEN820
06-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Yea the Diff was very noticeable. I liked that too.

I will check out (trim work) at home. Work has cut off FB

johnrando
06-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Feia0303.......otherwise known as Sophia Qu did it out of Concord, CA....for free. I paypaled her some dough though. She has offered her services before to people. You can find her on FB.

Thanks for the compli.

Can we get a wide angle shot of how it looks in the car?

Oh, and my best mod so far (moar to come) was the AA tune. Just gives it a tad more oomph.

EDIT: I should add that I got it at the group buy price, I wouldn't have paid full price for it.
And,@Casey - :rofl

GSEN820
06-23-2011, 08:53 AM
John you have AA tune. Next meet I wanna drive it. You can drive the ZHP stock version in return = )

danewilson77
06-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Can we get a wide angle shot of how it looks in the car?

Oh, and my best mod so far (moar to come) was the AA tune. Just gives it a tad more oomph.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Imola%20Bimmer/DSC03312sz1200-1.jpg

Marcus-SanDiego
06-23-2011, 09:26 AM
^^I've seen that in person. It's great.

Hornung418
06-23-2011, 09:31 AM
M54B30 manifold swap...hands down. Started off as an experiment further research yielded about three others in the country and atleast a handful of Germans have completed the swap. Did all re leg work myself and pulled everything off in a parking lot at school. Ran into trouble with a hidden ziptie deep under the manifold. Buttoned everything up and drove home and payed a local guy to finish the job. Dynoed 177rwhp and 200lbft :)

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.

danewilson77
06-23-2011, 09:38 AM
^^I've seen that in person. It's great.

johnrando
06-23-2011, 10:04 AM
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Imola%20Bimmer/DSC03312sz1200-1.jpg

Thanks Dane!

:like :like

johnrando
06-23-2011, 10:05 AM
John you have AA tune. Next meet I wanna drive it. You can drive the ZHP stock version in return = )

LOL. I've driven a stock one, mine! Of course you can drive it. Wouldn't mind seeing if there really is a difference. Mine has the Performance Intake as well.

Whitexi
06-23-2011, 10:07 AM
I retrofited an oem rain sensor and auto headlights.....im lazy.

M0nk3y
06-23-2011, 11:35 AM
As of right now, my best mod is the $100+ I've spent in autocross for this car alone. So much learning how to control the car and what to do when you overseer or understeer. Nothing else of value can replace seat time IMO.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

gr330zhp
06-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Favorite mod on the car is the B&M short shifter, but the PO did that.

I would have to say my favorite mod was the AFE intake, just for that sound at 3k rpm when you get on it. Also, my Orion V2s. They make the car sooooo much better looking and since.ive.installed mine, over 3 yrs ago, I have not had any issues WHATSOEVER, while 2 of my E46 friends have gone thru 3+ sets each of Ebay etc ones. Pay up the first time and you will have no issues :dunno

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Len013091
06-23-2011, 11:41 AM
M3 LSD I think is my favorite. +1 on the Orions; 3 years and no issues here either.

HokieZHP
06-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Well so far i'm my favorite addition to my car haha

My first mod will be my BMW SSK though. Should be here monday.

danewilson77
06-23-2011, 12:11 PM
As of right now, my best mod is the $100+ I've spent in autocross for this car alone. So much learning how to control the car and what to do when you overseer or understeer. Nothing else of value can replace seat time IMO.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Not a Mod.

M0nk3y
06-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Not a Mod.

Fine.

The shredded tire pieces on the side of my car from autocrossing.

Better?

danewilson77
06-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Fine.

The shredded tire pieces on the side of my car from autocrossing.

Better?

:rofl

Just playin Kyle. You are an AutoXaddict.

az3579
06-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Not a Mod.

Actually, yes it is. If you don't spend any money on your driving education, then the car will never be as good as it could be, and mods are there to make the car better, no? :biggrin

The driver mod is the most obvious choice. I'm going to pick something that is completely pointless but really does it for me. Since I haven't done much to the car, I have a very limited base to choose from, but for now, it'll have to be:

H&R Cup Kit. It is, in my opinion, the perfect amount of low; not too much, not too little. I've never driven a stock ZHP, but know that body roll is reduced with this kit, AND makes the car look absolutely badass. I've gotten multiple comments on how others think it is the perfect amount of low.

spencers
06-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Not a Mod.

And Casey's is? :ronald

shadowpuck
06-23-2011, 02:09 PM
for me, definitely, attending BMW CCA driving schools. easily made the biggest difference.....
it's the only mod that transfers from car to car.

otherwise, i'd have to say on the zhp it was installing the mediabridge. i use that every time i am in the car. close second is the UGDO - universal garage door opener; great little gadget.

on the e36 - 5spd conversion from an automatic. completely changed the car. close second; full ground control track/race suspension kit. third - the trailer hitch so i don't have to put track tires in the back seat anymore!

az3579
06-23-2011, 02:58 PM
otherwise, i'd have to say on the zhp it was installing the mediabridge. i use that every time i am in the car. close second is the UGDO - universal garage door opener; great little gadget.

Damn, I completely forgot about my Dension Gateway 300. I use it so often, I forget that it's not a feature of the car from the factory! :biggrin

danewilson77
06-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Actually, yes it is. If you don't spend any money on your driving education, then the car will never be as good as it could be, and mods are there to make the car better, no? :biggrin

The driver mod is the most obvious choice. I'm going to pick something that is completely pointless but really does it for me. Since I haven't done much to the car, I have a very limited base to choose from, but for now, it'll have to be:

H&R Cup Kit. It is, in my opinion, the perfect amount of low; not too much, not too little. I've never driven a stock ZHP, but know that body roll is reduced with this kit, AND makes the car look absolutely badass. I've gotten multiple comments on how others think it is the perfect amount of low.

I have been enlightened. Thank you for your time. I know you're very busy.

Marcus-SanDiego
06-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Come on, guys. Quit messing around. :biggrin

Best mods to the car -- not your person. Otherwise, you guys are going to force me to go on a hunger strike -- so I can lose 80 pounds. Then I will come back -- in my weakened state -- and say I have a great mod: me (at 80 pounds lighter, which should allow the car to move even quicker).

danewilson77
06-23-2011, 04:00 PM

Best mods to the car -- not your person. Otherwise, you guys are going to force me to go on a hunger strike -- so I can lose 80 pounds. Then I will come back -- in my weakened state -- and say I have a great mod: me (at 80 pounds lighter, which should allow the car to move even quicker).

Agree

I was thinking eating carrots improves eye sight.

Hornung418
06-23-2011, 04:21 PM

Nah...you can always make the car 80lbs lighter...and you can keep it on your person ;)

Marcus-SanDiego
06-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Nah...you can always make the car 80lbs lighter...and you can keep it on your person ;)

Now that would be a good mod. Reduction of weight!

Anyhow, I am just playing around.

Back to the discussion.

M0nk3y
06-23-2011, 04:27 PM
I was actually serious about my "mod"...Since there is nothing done to this car.

Anyways. My old car I loved my Rogue IKON Exhaust....it really made the car what it should sound like

Hornung418
06-23-2011, 04:33 PM
I was actually serious about my "mod"...Since there is nothing done to this car.

Anyways. My old car I loved my Rogue IKON Exhaust....it really made the car what it should sound like
U haz stubby antennasss...

shadowpuck
06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
well, hold on a sec - can't we claim mods to the driver?
i mean, you know, the whole man/machine thing?

ok, i'm being silly too.....:)

as to driver weight, i just claim that's a) reward weight, and b) ok because i'll just sit lower in the seat - thus keeping the weight at the lowest level possible.....:)

M0nk3y
06-23-2011, 04:50 PM
U haz stubby antennasss...

Lol I don't consider that a mod...I actually completely forgot about that.

Once we get this car completely paid off the real modding will being. Going pure performance mods this time around. It's too beautiful to touch on the outside

Hornung418
06-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Lol I don't consider that a mod...I actually completely forgot about that.

Once we get this car completely paid off the real modding will being. Going pure performance mods this time around. It's too beautiful to touch on the outside

100% wholeheartedly agree! Cannot wait to see where this ends up!

Mtnman
06-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Im with Botond. I love my h and r cup kit. Perfect low. only had it 4 weeks, but love it. Add new LCABS, and shes frieken SCHWEEET. perfect low, and no body roll.

danewilson77
06-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Im with Botond. I love my h and r cup kit. Perfect low. only had it 4 weeks, but love it. Add new LCABS, and shes frieken SCHWEEET. perfect low, and no body roll.

So...the only negative here is no ride height adjustment. Other than that....you are super happy with them, huh?

Mtnman
06-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Yup. Super happy, not adjustable.

Marcus-SanDiego
06-23-2011, 05:35 PM
well, hold on a sec - can't we claim mods to the driver?
i mean, you know, the whole man/machine thing?

ok, i'm being silly too.....:)

as to driver weight, i just claim that's a) reward weight, and b) ok because i'll just sit lower in the seat - thus keeping the weight at the lowest level possible.....:)

JohnnyGraphic
06-23-2011, 05:54 PM
I would have to rate the Top 3.

1) iPod connectivity/Aux Input. Includes my iPod mount and cigarette lighter power adapter. This way, I have all of my music with me whenever I want.
2) UUC Short Shift Kit and DSSR. I shift every single time I get in the car. The feel makes it such a pleasure to row thru the gears.
3) 3.46 Differential. LOVE the added thrust in the lower gears.

Johnny

GSEN820
06-23-2011, 05:58 PM
While I too have an H&R Cup Kit on my car, I have to admit I really love the SSK.

Probably last Mod for 325ci as focus is turning to ZHP (that is an automatic so no SSK) Have to find the next MOD for that car.

Hornung418
06-23-2011, 06:08 PM
While I too have an H&R Cup Kit on my car, I have to admit I really love the SSK.

Probably last Mod for 325ci as focus is turning to ZHP (that is an automatic so no SSK) Have to find the next MOD for that car.
Six Speed Swap...and the existing 3;64 differential...sounds sextacular to me!

static667
06-23-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't have a big modding history, but I'll say that the short throw shifter is one of my favorites. I had one on my last E36 and when I got my current car, it was stock. There was so much throw in the shift, it felt like I was driving a Mack truck. The BMW Performance SSK made the most used part of my car a whole lot nicer to work with.

I did that mod. It worked like a champ. I've been told by a race car builder that 30lbs of weight can cost you up to one second on a lap time. In order to regain that loss in time, it would take in excess of $100k worth of tweaking to the car to make up that second.

MsRN
06-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Putting Terrys castoffs on my car...between that and the fuel filter replacement, I'm up 2+mpg and the car just moves! :)

Next mod (tomorrow): M Mobility Kit and delete 50# of spare! After that, Dr. Vanos and some underdrive pulleys!

Marcus-SanDiego
06-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Michele, nice!

MsRN
06-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi, Marcus! How are you and your babys momma doing?

Marcus-SanDiego
06-23-2011, 06:39 PM
OT: doing well. Baby is a month old today. He's now 10 pounds (started at 8 lbs. 3 oz.).

Hornung418
06-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Putting Terrys castoffs on my car...between that and the fuel filter replacement, I'm up 2+mpg and the car just moves! :)

Next mod (tomorrow): M Mobility Kit and delete 50# of spare! After that, Dr. Vanos and some underdrive pulleys!
Solid mod plans! I need to do my Fuel Filter pretty badly...But UD pulleys and VANOS is much more fun!

nike001
06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Mod I use the most: Aux input
Mod I like the most: angel eye + AL lights retrofit

I have very few mods but I say I like them all mostly equally. Tomorrow I'm getting clears and black grilles....to join the club :|

billschusteriv
06-24-2011, 06:54 AM
I think my best mod is the Thule roof rack/cargo carrier. I can put most of our stuff for a trip in the cargo carrier and forget about it. Wish I took pics of what I had in there on the way to the meet... 2-20" suitcases, 1 kids suitcase, 2 folding 'bag' chairs, stroller, beach blanket, beach toys, and a beach 'tent'. The remaining stuff in the car we needed to be accessable - books/toys, diaper bag, food - or I was afraid would spill - detailing supplies (two buckets, bucket screens, assortment of microfiber towels, assortment of cleaning products).

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WofHpD5cL._AA300_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31VrraGduCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The carrier goes well with the car, but if I had disposable income, I'd paint-match it Jet Black.

OT: doing well. Baby is a month old today. He's now 10 pounds (started at 8 lbs. 3 oz.).

Nice! :thumbsup Very acceptable OT post.

thesixsins
06-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Clear Bra best mod so far...

Hornung418
06-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Clear Bra best mod so far...
Dane...take note :)

danewilson77
06-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Dane...take note :)

Efff that.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

az3579
06-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Dane,
Not being adjustable isn't necessarily a negative. It doesn't need adjusting. To David and I, it's perfect.

Plus, it's one less thing for us to screw up. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

danewilson77
06-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Dane,
Not being adjustable isn't necessarily a negative. It doesn't need adjusting. To David and I, it's perfect.

Plus, it's one less thing for us to screw up. Lol

What I meant....was...if there was anything in this whole big wide world....that would be negative.....it would be the lack of ride height adjustment. Not saying it necessarily is.

Johal E32
06-24-2011, 08:05 PM
I've bought my car with all of it's mods. I haven't put a single one on it. However, the best driver mod was to rev-match. Makes the downshifts soooo much smoother and I get hear my little grumble of the exhaust!!

GSEN820
06-25-2011, 05:45 PM
I've bought my car with all of it's mods. I haven't put a single one on it. However, the best driver mod was to rev-match. Makes the downshifts soooo much smoother and I get hear my little grumble of the exhaust!!

Buying with mods is great. I was thinking about going that route next time if done right

az3579
06-26-2011, 05:39 PM
What I meant....was...if there was anything in this whole big wide world....that would be negative.....it would be the lack of ride height adjustment. Not saying it necessarily is.

Gotcha.

Buying with mods is great. I was thinking about going that route next time if done right

That's what I did. I was looking for a stock ZHP and instead ended up getting one with an H&R Cup Kit, M3 mirrors, yellow HID fogs, and angel eyes. Go figure. :rofl

carsontl
06-26-2011, 08:02 PM
sounds like the first couple of things i want to do to my car are short shifter and an ipod kit.

lilcdkey
06-27-2011, 02:41 AM
gotta be the bmw performance grills

TRELO
06-27-2011, 05:48 AM
magnaflow

VA//M3
06-27-2011, 06:55 AM
besiansystems VANOS seals.

az3579
06-27-2011, 08:31 AM
besiansystems VANOS seals.

This is more maintenance than mod. :)

Marcus-SanDiego
06-27-2011, 08:41 AM

I once heard from this from a friend: "mods are there to make the car better, no?"

Therefore, George definitely has a mod. But, true, it could be a maintenance thing more than a mod.

Hornung418
06-27-2011, 08:45 AM
+1
In an even better sense...the seals aren't OEM...therefore a modification from stock :P

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.

az3579
06-27-2011, 09:40 AM
I once heard from this from a friend: "mods are there to make the car better, no?"

Therefore, George definitely has a mod. But, true, it could be a maintenance thing more than a mod.

Never said it wasn't a mod. :p

Marcus-SanDiego
06-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Never said it wasn't a mod. :p

I agree. From me:

"But, true, it could be a maintenance thing more than a mod."

I think I was agreeing with you. More of a maintenance thing than a mod.

cakM3
06-27-2011, 10:16 AM
To me, the best mods are the ones where you can incorporate them while doing maintenance/preventive maintenance. For example, when overhauling the cooling system, get the all aluminum radiator and stewart performance water pump; overhauling your suspension, get coilovers (if anything for ride height adjustment abilities) and so on...

BP and I had a conversation about coilovers so he knows where I stand on them and I completely understand his point as well... :cheers

The way I look at it is if you can mod while doing maintenance then it a complete win...:biggrin

danewilson77
06-27-2011, 11:42 AM

Agree.....if all he did was replace it with the oem seals.......but he did not.....therefore it is a mod....because the seals are improved and of the correct o-ring makeup.

GSEN820
06-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I love Mods on my car like everyone else. Anything that makes you that much happier. I am looking at some MODS again as I seem to do this a lot while at work.

Waiting for some Cmaber plates to come in this week.

Dont think it will out do the short shifter as it is necessary for alignment.

MasterC17
06-28-2011, 07:03 PM
My favorite - don't think I could go back to not having them. Second is definitely the SSR's.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk52/MasterC17/IMG_0470-1.jpg

GSEN820
06-28-2011, 08:20 PM
My favorite - don't think I could go back to not having them. Second is definitely the SSR's.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk52/MasterC17/IMG_0470-1.jpg

That is bad ass!!!! Love it any chance get a wide shot lit up at night?

Len013091
06-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Oh yea, forgot about the gauges. I love mine. Mine are in the sunglass try area though.

Len013091
06-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Actually, I like this one quite a bit
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/73640_448804153926_659788926_5533419_1608763_n.jpg ?dl=1

az3579
06-29-2011, 03:07 AM
^^ LSD??????

:drool

goofiefoot
06-29-2011, 05:45 AM
The only mod I've done so far, so I guess it's my best one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/jasongoode/2004%20BMW%20330i%20ZHP/f42bffe9.jpg

Works great. Getting really decent sound from my iPhone.

danewilson77
06-29-2011, 06:13 AM
Awesome. I really need to do this.

cakM3
06-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Throughout the years I have had many cars and put on many mods. I recently purchased a MOD that I cannot say enough about. After putting on full suspension, rims, full body kit (replace stock) there is one that did not cost a lot but I sure do love.

I had help from a fellow Member on this forum with the install. I can tell you that this morning it is about a week since I added this MOD.

The installation of the short throw shifter BMW PERFORMANCE KIT has been the best mod to date. While this MOD was put on my 325ci, I can tell you that it has been the best. I absolutely love this MOD. I have not had a short shifter on my car since my infamous street racing days in the mid 1990's in Ontario, CA (where I was met by a helicopter, about 20 cop cars, and a week in the slammer for racing, not to mention car impounded with more violations than I knew what to do with).

The 325ci may not be all that fast but the shifter has made me feel as if it could take the ZHP. Well aware that it wont.

One MOD that I am so happy I did which I never really thought of doing.

Please share some stories of MODS that you have done that didn't cost all that much that have made you love your car that much more even a week later.

Besides the obvious of the purchase of your vehicle.

Let's see what other have done...............

GSEN,

Great story and I could imagine just how this might have felt when you were met by all the LEOs (probably mad at you as well)...

The BMW PERFORMANCE KIT is a good ssk but you pretty much get the same thing by just purchasing a 330d shifter (@ $60) and other small parts to do the swap. I did this to my ///M3 and got noticable difference in shifting. From what I have found out, the 330d shifter is pretty much the same part that the BMW PERFORMANCE KIT shifter is.

all in all a great mod :thumbsup

As for myself, I stayed with the ZHP shifter (for the time being) and upgraded my rotors to the BMW PERFORMANCE cross-drilled rotors. Ended up getting the very last set of front rotors in the BMW system...:roundel

az3579
06-29-2011, 09:31 AM
GSEN,

Great story and I could imagine just how this might have felt when you were met by all the LEOs (probably mad at you as well)...

The BMW PERFORMANCE KIT is a good ssk but you pretty much get the same thing by just purchasing a 330d shifter (@ $60) and other small parts to do the swap. I did this to my ///M3 and got noticable difference in shifting. From what I have found out, the 330d shifter is pretty much the same part that the BMW PERFORMANCE KIT shifter is.

all in all a great mod :thumbsup

As for myself, I stayed with the ZHP shifter (for the time being) and upgraded my rotors to the BMW PERFORMANCE cross-drilled rotors. Ended up getting the very last set of front rotors in the BMW system...:roundel

I saw this 330d shifter in his M3 and have to admit it does reduce the throw, but the throw is still longer than most aftermarket systems. If you want moderate throws, then the 330d shifter is a great choice.

For those looking for a very short throw, however, it may disappoint. I would consider the 330d shifter if I was to look for an SSK as it fits my comfortable driving style. We'll have to see when the time comes.

I've always loved the UUC kits. Mega short throw!

Len013091
06-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Yep, M3 Subframe and LSD, I retained the 330i brakes and trailing arms.

cakM3
06-30-2011, 01:54 AM
I saw this 330d shifter in his M3 and have to admit it does reduce the throw, but the throw is still longer than most aftermarket systems. If you want moderate throws, then the 330d shifter is a great choice.

For those looking for a very short throw, however, it may disappoint. I would consider the 330d shifter if I was to look for an SSK as it fits my comfortable driving style. We'll have to see when the time comes.

I've always loved the UUC kits. Mega short throw!

I have to agree with BP here...:thumbsup If I were to track my ///M then I think UUC is the way to go :thumbsup

@Len: very nice mods...:biggrin

GSEN820
06-30-2011, 07:22 AM
"Great story and I could imagine just how this might have felt when you were met by all the LEOs (probably mad at you as well)..." (cakM3)

You hit the nail on the head as I was truly pissed at myself that day. The helicopter dropped the light on me I looked outside the window to see if this was really happening (light coming down on top of me. I looked forward again saw bunch of cop cars coming forward at me, looked at the rear view same thing.

I just pulled over and waited for them. Helpless feeling at that point.

Should I ever become famous there will be a mug shot of me at 20 for street racing...... That is about the coolest part of the whole thing.

The SSK really made me feel as fast as I did that night

SC4ME
06-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Best mod was the BMW CCA Car Control Clinic. After another one I want to go for the HPDE.

If the driver is clueless (and we all are if you havent received instruction) then what matter what the car looks like, it cant perform to its full ability.

GSEN820
06-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Best mod was the BMW CCA Car Control Clinic. After another one I want to go for the HPDE.

If the driver is clueless (and we all are if you havent received instruction) then what matter what the car looks like, it cant perform to its full ability.

I have been in clinics and schools before too which are great. Just dont see the point in tearing up anymore cars or going to jail....... HAHA