PDA

View Full Version : For Sale (SOLD): 2004 BMW 330CI ZHP Manual - San Diego - Inquire for more info.

pleasecorrupt
07-15-2011, 05:23 AM
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/2494750179.html

16.9K OBO

therealm3
07-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Shot you an email. Thanks!

BimmerRules!
07-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Nice car! How many miles are on it?

Marcus-SanDiego
07-15-2011, 09:54 AM
The ad doesn't say. My guess is that the owner doesn't know much about the car.

pleasecorrupt
07-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Lol Marcus u always make my titles seem 10X more professional, all owner seems to know and emphasize is that it's a zhp lol, kind of blew over his head to put milage or any of the essentials.

Regardless if I was serious about I'd skip the email tag and call him directly, faster results that way.

BimmerRules!
07-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Lol Marcus u always make my titles seem 10X more professional, all owner seems to know and emphasize is that it's a zhp lol, kind of blew over his head to put milage or any of the essentials.

Regardless if I was serious about I'd skip the email tag and call him directly, faster results that way.

Well, Marcus seems to be quite busy checking the website even on his vacation! :)

pleasecorrupt: I thought it could be your car because instead of merely providing the link, you also quoted the price with OBO beneath it. :) Hence the query to you since the ad didn't list the miles.

I called the person and left a vm. Will update the thread once I know more. thanks for the link!

Marcus-SanDiego
07-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm a workaholic. ZHPMafia.com is my baby. Want to make sure you guys always have a great experience here. So, what are you gonna do? Hehe.

BimmerRules!
07-15-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm a workaholic. ZHPMafia.com is my baby. Want to make sure you guys always have a great experience here. So, what are you gonna do? Hehe.

You are the best moderator sir and this is one of the best bimmer sites. Period! :)

BimmerRules!
07-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Just spoke to that gentlemen - laid back and nice individual; quite amusing to talk to. He and his wife have two other bimmers (5 series).

More info on the car:
- miles 84k
- third owner
- car was purchased by the previous owner as a CPO with extended warranty
- heated seats
- no mods
- however, dealer serviced thruout the entire period :(
- that said, front bushings replaced recently and Inspection II was just done at a LA BMW dealership

therealm3
07-15-2011, 12:17 PM
I got an email from the seller too with a ton of pictures. Seems like a nice guy who has owned a lot of BMW's, but follows the dealer service plan. Not exactly the ideal situation, but at least things are being done. At 84k the "catch up" maintenance would be alot, but could still pay off. tough to know though.

In addition to what BR has posted, it has the Alacantra/cloth seats and from the pics I have looks very clean. Shift knob is not stock though. Looks like a std bmw tall knob.

Anyone know if in 04 the nav system plays CDR's with MP3's?

Marcus-SanDiego
07-15-2011, 02:33 PM
You are the best moderator sir and this is one of the best bimmer sites. Period! :)

Thanks, BR. It's a family affair around here. Everyone makes it work.

danewilson77
07-15-2011, 02:35 PM

You got that right.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

BimmerRules!
07-17-2011, 09:18 AM
This could be a query for the "is this price good" thread but I have a related maintenance query on this particular car. Wonder if experienced members can offer their insights:

Background:

Price: $16.9k, negotiable.
Miles & owner: 83.5k miles. Third owner, bought it in Sep 10 with 75k miles
Notable car options: (a) Tires -staggered 18 inchers, have less than 1k miles on them (b) heated seats (c) navigation

Service: All service done by current owner only with the BMW dealer. I believe the current owner when he said that he did everything the dealer asked him to do. Apparently the dealership (whom he has known for more than 20 years where he services all his bimmers) informed him that the car is in perfect condition.

In this period, the dealer:

- changed the valve cover gasket and front bushings
- two oil changes
- New moon roof interior cover
- new front lights
- front and rear brake pads + rotors @ 79k miles
- 90k Inspection II performed a few months ago @ 82k miles. (looks like cluth, water pump, regulators etc are still the orignal.)

----------------------------
Based on the above, two quick queries:

- is the car priced well?

- what comfort can one take from Inspection II done @ the BMW dealership considering the 83.5k mileage and the fact the car has its original clutch (gone thru three owners) + other parts that the Old School maintenance recommends replacing even earlier?

Thanks!

danewilson77
07-17-2011, 09:42 AM
^Priced not too bad for an East Coast car. I would start out around $15.5k.

pleasecorrupt
07-17-2011, 09:48 AM
^Priced not too bad for an East Coast car. I would start out around $15.5k.

wrong coast dane. lol i think the seller could do a little better than that, maybe around 14.5-15k but thats just imo

danewilson77
07-17-2011, 10:31 AM
wrong coast dane. lol i think the seller could do a little better than that, maybe around 14.5-15k but thats just imo

+1

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

BimmerRules!
07-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Thank you Dane and PC! Will bear that in mind.

Maybe if the place was close to Marcus, I could bribe.. cough cough...buy him lunch if he could have a look at it and give me his thoughts! :biggrin

danewilson77
07-17-2011, 11:18 AM
You wouldn't need to bribe the Boss.

pleasecorrupt
07-17-2011, 12:38 PM
But it doesn't hurt, or wait till he has a girl and ask him on her wedding night.

ZSP-Mafia
07-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Someone want me to check it out?

Marcus-SanDiego
07-17-2011, 01:59 PM
I would not need to be bribed or compensated. I am not in San Diego for another three days, though.

BimmerRules!
07-18-2011, 06:33 AM
Thanks Marcus. Will bother you only if need be, but looking highly doubtful at this stage for this particular car.

Summer has been - and looks to be - too crazy and I have not even gone to an auto-x yet. Worse, thought of attending at least one track event in October and that is now up in the air because of travel abroad. Bummer!

btw, the seller gave me the vin #: it is wbabd53444pd97816 for those who are interested.

RERobbins
07-18-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm very interested in this car. I had asked for people to look into a pair of cars yesterday, but this one is at a better location and it's a coupe, which is really what I'd prefer here.

BimmerRules!
07-19-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm very interested in this car. I had asked for people to look into a pair of cars yesterday, but this one is at a better location and it's a coupe, which is really what I'd prefer here.

Good luck. The seller, Steve, seems quite nice and has many bimmers.

RERobbins
07-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Yes -- Steve does seem very nice. I've had a few very interesting conversations with him. He is a very serious BMW enthusiast. I've agreed to purchase the car from him, pending inspection. I'd be astonished if there are any problems that come up in the PPI. Time for me to book a flight from Chicago and for my son to get from Berkeley to San Diego. I think we are going to have an incredible time driving that car from San Diego to Berkeley. I hope we're able to contribute to this community. You folks are terrific. What's the best route from San Diego to Berkeley?

danewilson77
07-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Congrats!

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Marcus-SanDiego
07-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Nelson will likely have some good directions for you. He'll chime in.

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

BimmerRules!
07-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Congrats on the purchase! Hope you enjoy the drive!

pleasecorrupt
07-20-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm here :). Fastest way is 580 to i5 or the reverse is true when going back to Berkeley, if you want a scenic route with the thrills of rolling turns 101 is your friend (much longer though).

pleasecorrupt
07-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Oh and best place to test speed capabilities of your new car is on i5 once you smell the cow manure, no cop with the right mind would hang out there :)

RERobbins
07-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Car passed PPI -- no surprises there. My son and I will meet up in San Diego on Saturday to pick up the car and hit the road. We're looking for the scenic route. We will take our time and make the drive over two days. Day one from San Diego to Pismo Beach and Day two from there back to Berkeley. I think I've got a handle on the route I want for day two. It's day one that's got me stumped. Can I take US 101 all the way? Is that silly? If we're talking about a boring, not interesting ride then should I take 5 for a chunk and if so, where do I cut over to 101. I'm kind of chasing my tail at the moment.

danewilson77
07-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Congrats RER. Sounds like fun...

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

therealm3
07-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Congrats on the car! So I can’t speak for the area from SD to northern LA, but from there, I would for sure take PCH (1). Its beautiful and so fun to drive. I5 is super boring but you can make it from SD to the bay area in 8 hours with a few stops. My brother and I did the I5 route years ago for a car. Only problem is what time you hit LA. Traffic can be bad. (really bad) Good luck!

Car passed PPI -- no surprises there. My son and I will meet up in San Diego on Saturday to pick up the car and hit the road. We're looking for the scenic route. We will take our time and make the drive over two days. Day one from San Diego to Pismo Beach and Day two from there back to Berkeley. I think I've got a handle on the route I want for day two. It's day one that's got me stumped. Can I take US 101 all the way? Is that silly? If we're talking about a boring, not interesting ride then should I take 5 for a chunk and if so, where do I cut over to 101. I'm kind of chasing my tail at the moment.

RERobbins
08-07-2011, 08:47 AM
We picked up the car in San Diego last weekend and had a glorious drive up the coast from San Diego back to Berkeley. We got on 101 and stopped for the night in Pismo Beach and then took 1 up through Big Sur and Monterey before cutting inland for the last part of the trek. It was a glorious two days. The car is wonderful. I hadn't driven an E46 before. My E92 M3 now feels bloated by comparison. The seller had put on cheap Chinese tires (brand name Sunny) that I really hated. Those are gone and replaced with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Took the car to a great shop not too far from Berkeley -- Edge Motorworks. They spotted a few things that were missed in the PPI so a little remediation was called for -- nothing too horrible. The car is just perfect and the father/son purchase and driving experience has given me and my son great memories for life. Thanks to all for your counsel. We're thrilled.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Excellent. Glad to hear that everything went well.