PDA

View Full Version : What's your current gas mileage? Pics Suggested

Pages : 1 [2]

trancenation
08-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Taking a look at these mpgs makes me think if there is something that needs attention on my car . I am a steptronic and average about 21-24 mpg on 280 and 101 usually on my drives from San Fran to San Jose. Could it be because of all of the hills and occasional traffic? I don't have a heavy foot and drive conservatively.

-Jay

mimalmo
08-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Most of you know I've been driving a VW TDI since last fall. It's a Sportwagen with the 6 speed manual trans.

Last few tanks I've been getting 47-48 mpg.

At the 20k mile service, they replaced the fuel filter. Holy cow did that make a difference; it runs smoother and pulls harder. The torque from this car is amazing. Hybrids eat my dust.

derbo
08-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Taking a look at these mpgs makes me think if there is something that needs attention on my car . I am a steptronic and average about 21-24 mpg on 280 and 101 usually on my drives from San Fran to San Jose. Could it be because of all of the hills and occasional traffic? I don't have a heavy foot and drive conservatively.

-Jay

I do that commute on 280, keeping at a steady 70mph is nice. Also use the downhill to accelerate and don't accelerate during uphills. It's like a running start to run up the hill using gravity to your advantage.

Pip
08-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Jay that doesn't seem that far off from the norm with steptronic transmissions.

I usually get 22-25 mpg highway in the area unless going to LA at 70mph it is roughly 27mpg. You could always do the fuel filter, fan delete, etc. to try and bring up the avg.

NorCalZman
08-28-2013, 12:36 PM

-Jay

That seems off. I get around 21mph when I am driving around in SF. When I leave the city and go on any of the highways (101, 280, 880, 580, 80, etc) my car is around 29 or 30mpg. Maybe check for any codes?

derbo
08-28-2013, 12:43 PM
He is an automatic, so its a little different.

johnrando
08-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Yeah, that's not that far off for an automatic.

BavarianZHP
08-28-2013, 02:12 PM
It's funny how the transmission affects the avg mpg for 330i's:

http://www.fuelly.com/car/bmw/330i

2003 330i ZHP's only came in manual transmission and it shows with the +2 mpg bump.

NorCalZman
08-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Im very surprised at that difference. I thought automatics of recent years (post 2000) had almost the mpg of manuals.

mimalmo
08-28-2013, 02:21 PM
I got a solid 2-3 mpg improvement when I used non-oxy premium.

az3579
08-28-2013, 02:32 PM

Considering I have a 3.62 rear end, this is pretty fine with me.

BP, Charlie should look at this :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm very impressed, Derek. Not easy when you rev eleventeen thousand RPM when cruising. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Hermes
08-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Considering I have a 3.62 rear end, this is pretty fine with me.

3.62?

I thought auto/open was 3.64... What do you have? (Not much of a difference, but just making sure you have the same diff I think you do)

derbo
08-28-2013, 07:16 PM
3.62?

I thought auto/open was 3.64... What do you have? (Not much of a difference, but just making sure you have the same diff I think you do)

I have M3 rear end. :)

Hermes
08-28-2013, 07:24 PM
I guess I assumed M3 was also 3.64, apparently I was mistaken

derbo
08-28-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm very impressed, Derek. Not easy when you rev eleventeen thousand RPM when cruising. :)

Should get a m3 rear end too. :)

LivesNearCostco
08-29-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm sure they have been getting better but I think the big gas mileage improvement came with the 6-speed (or more) automatics with the dual clutch transmissions, or the CVT ones. Modern luxury cars often have 7 or 8-speed autos now. E46 autos are 5-speed and not DCT.

Im very surprised at that difference. I thought automatics of recent years (post 2000) had almost the mpg of manuals.

Hermes
08-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Filled up the E21 earlier, I got 26mpg vs the 19mpg I get on the same route to/from work in the E46. I'm starting to wonder what I could get if I lived in a flat part of the country

derbo
08-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Filled up the E21 earlier, I got 26mpg vs the 19mpg I get on the same route to/from work in the E46. I'm starting to wonder what I could get if I lived in a flat part of the country

Probably 30 :)

M0nk3y
08-30-2013, 01:53 PM
All highway except probably 40 miles. I'll take this any day on the Z

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

BavarianZHP
08-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Any of you hypermile by intentionally leaving it in high gear (eg: 6th gear @ 30-40 mph on flat terrain)? I thought about it but never practiced it.

LivesNearCostco
08-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Better than my car! If I average 70mph and try to be smooth, I get at best 28mph on highway-only driving. Those trips usually involve a few hills, either 101 to 152 to 5, or down 101 to So. Cal. Mine is a manual. For mixed city+highway driving (including some rush hour traffic) I average 19-20mpg.

That seems off. I get around 21mph when I am driving around in SF. When I leave the city and go on any of the highways (101, 280, 880, 580, 80, etc) my car is around 29 or 30mpg. Maybe check for any codes?

Lanister
09-02-2013, 10:17 PM
After changing to new spark plugs, combined with new front tires and alignment, I've been getting solid 26+ mpg (no AC). I am impressed how well the car maintains its inertia. Even with the slightest decline, I can put it in neutral and it starts accelerating. My Eurovan is heavier and it doesn't produce the same effect. I reckon that I could probably do 450 miles per tank if it was mostly hwy. I also wonder if higher octane would make a positive difference? I miss living in Canada and having the option of filling up with 94 octane. It's funny, there, 91 is considered to be "Plus" and 89 is "Regular" Pretty good eh? :)

RITmusic2k
09-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Just got back from a trip from Long Beach to a city on the California/Arizona border, and I couldn't be more proud:

odometer: ~109,000mi.
Air temperature: 90-100°
Air conditioning: on full blast
average speed: 75-85mph
net elevation change: ~1000ft uphill.

I came just shy of 30mpg in these conditions, over a ~250 mile trip. Indicated 29.7mpg. The last 25 miles of the trip were all uphill, so by the time I got to a gas station to top off and calculate, my mileage had gone down to the mid 27's. But still, considering all the work the engine had to do, I think this is a phenomenal result. I'd have been able to see 500 miles on this tank if I hadn't topped off. Unfortunately, the only pictures I thought to take were of the ridiculous air temperatures on our way home (peaked at 110°).

RITmusic2k
09-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Any of you hypermile by intentionally leaving it in high gear (eg: 6th gear @ 30-40 mph on flat terrain)? I thought about it but never practiced it.

All the time. My city mileage is between 22-26mpg depending on how frisky I'm feeling at the time, and I get there by accelerating gently, short shifting, and cruising in the highest gear my car can comfortably sustain for the speed limit. I'm in 6th by 35mph.

Lanister
09-03-2013, 03:06 PM
I guess the main question is, what's the farthest one could go on a tank? Given ideal conditions, such as ambient temperature, quality gasoline, good tires, alignment, no elevation changes, highway only, etc. I've heard mentions of 500 miles. Has that been achieved? I'm tempted to try on my next road trip down to LA.

danewilson77
09-03-2013, 03:08 PM
I've done 430ish.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

alexandre
09-03-2013, 03:15 PM
After changing to new spark plugs, combined with new front tires and alignment, I've been getting solid 26+ mpg (no AC). I am impressed how well the car maintains its inertia. Even with the slightest decline, I can put it in neutral and it starts accelerating. My Eurovan is heavier and it doesn't produce the same effect. I reckon that I could probably do 450 miles per tank if it was mostly hwy. I also wonder if higher octane would make a positive difference? I miss living in Canada and having the option of filling up with 94 octane. It's funny, there, 91 is considered to be "Plus" and 89 is "Regular" Pretty good eh? :)

Whereabouts? In Quebec we mostly have 87-89-91 (although some stations do have 94).

Avetiso
09-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Never got over 350 a tank.

Sent from a junkyard via GS4.

Lanister
09-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Whereabouts? In Quebec we mostly have 87-89-91 (although some stations do have 94).

British Columbia. Petro Canada, Chevron, Husky, Shell all carry 94. It's not overly expensive either, right on par with 91 here.

alexandre
09-03-2013, 04:16 PM
British Columbia. Petro Canada, Chevron, Husky, Shell all carry 94. It's not overly expensive either, right on par with 91 here.

Curious. Anyway, at $6.09/gal for 91 as of yesterday, I wouldn't pay a cent extra lol.

az3579
09-03-2013, 04:39 PM
I guess the main question is, what's the farthest one could go on a tank? Given ideal conditions, such as ambient temperature, quality gasoline, good tires, alignment, no elevation changes, highway only, etc. I've heard mentions of 500 miles. Has that been achieved? I'm tempted to try on my next road trip down to LA.

I've done between 500-510 on a tank (I don't remember exact number but I remember seeing 502 on the odometer when I started looking for a gas station). Range was reading 0 for at least a few miles at that point. :biggrin

If I'm careful and don't wait until the last minute to gas up, then I can get about 430 miles before the light comes on. If I drive down to Dane's place right now in the dead of night, the gas light would just be coming on when I am down his street, which is 432 miles.

Lanister
09-03-2013, 04:55 PM
I've done between 500-510 on a tank (I don't remember exact number but I remember seeing 502 on the odometer when I started looking for a gas station). Range was reading 0 for at least a few miles at that point. :biggrin

If I'm careful and don't wait until the last minute to gas up, then I can get about 430 miles before the light comes on. If I drive down to Dane's place right now in the dead of night, the gas light would just be coming on when I am down his street, which is 432 miles.

I am so impressed with these cars. It's a 3 liter 235+hp motor and it can do this?!

az3579
09-03-2013, 04:57 PM
I am so impressed with these cars. It's a 3 liter 235+hp motor and it can do this?!

I honestly was more impressed with the Chevy Impala I rented (in terms of gas mileage). Got 42 mpg from Key West to mainland Florida. V6, 300hp, no less!
Wasn't hard maintaining 30mpg on higher-speed highways after that, after a mpg reset.

PirateZHP
09-05-2013, 04:43 AM
Here's what I got for my typical week of mixed-use driving (hwy and city)... about 420 miles to the tank. Not too bad. It's on par with the Honda Accord I got rid of and a lot more fun than the Honda!

Lanister
09-05-2013, 11:58 AM
I honestly was more impressed with the Chevy Impala I rented (in terms of gas mileage). Got 42 mpg from Key West to mainland Florida. V6, 300hp, no less!
Wasn't hard maintaining 30mpg on higher-speed highways after that, after a mpg reset.

Yeah but we're using 10-year-old technology. I doubt that 10 years ago, Impala was known for its fuel economy.

az3579
09-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Yeah but we're using 10-year-old technology. I doubt that 10 years ago, Impala was known for its fuel economy.

Agreed. The current 335i has gobs more power and is rated for the same exact figures our cars are! (20mpg city / 30mpg highway)

wsmeyer
09-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Bam!

:facepalm

wrong thread. Maybe someone can move to the mileage thread, please?

RITmusic2k
09-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Look at that young thing; barely broken in!

Lanister
09-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Bam!

:facepalm

wrong thread. Maybe someone can move to the mileage thread, please?

Jealous! :P

az3579
09-12-2013, 03:49 PM
So they say that traffic jams are terrible on gas. I'm starting to slightly disagree with that, to a point. If it's more stop than go, then yes; but rush hour traffic up and down I-95 today (avg speed is maybe 20) allowed me to keep the 28.8mpg I had on the clock before I started my rush hour commute this morning. Still says that on the readout, oddly enough, after fluctuating between 28.7 and 29 this morning on the way there. This was of course the calmest I've ever been when driving in traffic, and I've become the person that I hate: the person that leaves a 20 car gap in traffic. I need to rectify this situation...

derbo
09-15-2013, 10:17 AM
So they say that traffic jams are terrible on gas. I'm starting to slightly disagree with that, to a point. If it's more stop than go, then yes; but rush hour traffic up and down I-95 today (avg speed is maybe 20) allowed me to keep the 28.8mpg I had on the clock before I started my rush hour commute this morning. Still says that on the readout, oddly enough, after fluctuating between 28.7 and 29 this morning on the way there. This was of course the calmest I've ever been when driving in traffic, and I've become the person that I hate: the person that leaves a 20 car gap in traffic. I need to rectify this situation...

LOL. driving like a Prius driver I see. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

az3579
09-15-2013, 03:15 PM
LOL. driving like a Prius driver I see. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well when you have a half tank of gas to last you a week till next payday (and the average # of fill ups a week is 2), you don't have much of a choice. Lol

Bi-weekly paychecks and people that don't pay you back certainly is a bitch. :(

Hornung418
09-15-2013, 03:53 PM

You should not hate yourself! This is a technique called traffic busting. The gap between you and the car ahead of you allows assholes that want to pass you and those that NEED to merge over for an on ramp plenty of space to safely get there.

And you don't have to stop...ever! Just stay moving at half speed and you will just breeze through the traffic and get moving again at regular pace after the jam.

Look it up. I've been using the technique for 4 years ever since I heard about it.

GS3 + TT4

az3579
09-15-2013, 04:31 PM
You should not hate yourself! This is a technique called traffic busting. The gap between you and the car ahead of you allows assholes that want to pass you and those that NEED to merge over for an on ramp plenty of space to safely get there.

And you don't have to stop...ever! Just stay moving at half speed and you will just breeze through the traffic and get moving again at regular pace after the jam.

Look it up. I've been using the technique for 4 years ever since I heard about it.

GS3 + TT4

The thing is, I'm finding myself incredibly resistant to leaving any gaps because it REALLY grinds my gears when people behind me move into the on ramp just to pass people. I feel like I'd be betraying myself by allowing these scumbags to get in front of ME, the (relatively) patient one who waits my turn like a normal human f-ing being.

That is probably my biggest pet peeve of all time; those who feel they're above all and can't wait their turn.

Wrong thread, of course.

Avetiso
09-15-2013, 04:36 PM
The thing is, I'm finding myself incredibly resistant to leaving any gaps because it REALLY grinds my gears when people behind me move into the on ramp just to pass people. I feel like I'd be betraying myself by allowing these scumbags to get in front of ME, the (relatively) patient one who waits my turn like a normal human f-ing being.

That is probably my biggest pet peeve of all time; those who feel they're above all and can't wait their turn.

Wrong thread, of course.

I do that, too. Worth the loss in MPG ten times over.

Hornung418
09-15-2013, 04:52 PM
And to that I say you cannot police everybody. In heavy traffic it's best to just let it go, they're in a hurry to go nowhere, so why even bother to contribute to their rage. Just let it flow like water downhill.

In heavy traffic its just easier to have a zenful approach. People will always think they deserve to be infront of others...and that's what makes us different. The peaceful approch requires less thought and clears your mind from the inferiors around you who cannot grasp the concept of slowing down to clear the traffic.

Try it and you'll be hooked.

GS3 + TT4

danewilson77
09-15-2013, 04:59 PM
They did a study about those who get stressed out about traffic.

Avetiso
09-15-2013, 05:19 PM
And to that I say you cannot police everybody. In heavy traffic it's best to just let it go, they're in a hurry to go nowhere, so why even bother to contribute to their rage. Just let it flow like water downhill.

In heavy traffic its just easier to have a zenful approach. People will always think they deserve to be infront of others...and that's what makes us different. The peaceful approch requires less thought and clears your mind from the inferiors around you who cannot grasp the concept of slowing down to clear the traffic.

Try it and you'll be hooked.

GS3 + TT4
There's a lot of truth here, and you are right.

I guess what I am more focused on are people who, for example, leave the fast lane to get a head, get stuck behind a semi, and then try to cut me off to get back into the fast lane. Or, any other situation similar to such, like trying to cut 20 cars in line to take a right turn. I don't let such people through. If someone is just trying to get in for the first time (I have an exit I take every day where I am that person), I always try to let them through.

az3579
09-15-2013, 05:43 PM
This is all truth. The most difficult thing is switching OFF the things that get down to the core of our nerves. It is one of the most difficult things for me to do. I sometimes wish there was an "undercover traffic enforcement" job that I could sign up for. I'd be the most hated agent on this side of the state because I keep thinking people will learn. Too bad I'm so naïve.

Avetiso
09-15-2013, 05:48 PM
This is all truth. The most difficult thing is switching OFF the things that get down to the core of our nerves. It is one of the most difficult things for me to do. I sometimes wish there was an "undercover traffic enforcement" job that I could sign up for. I'd be the most hated agent on this side of the state because I keep thinking people will learn. Too bad I'm so naïve.

You'd just end up pissing the wrong person off and getting your can vandalized. :rofl

derbo
09-15-2013, 05:52 PM

Heavy traffic,
In the BMW I always drove at a steady pace to:

Save brakes, save shifting, save gas. Also save my mental state as I don't need to worry too much about trying to get through and just follow the car in front. I tend to follow big rigs as they also have the same mentality of coasting through traffic.

I avoid the fast lanes as they tend to just "get as close as possible to the car in front"

Sent by Mobile

RITmusic2k
09-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Nothing better than the feeling of coasting up to a block of impatient tailgaters just as their jam starts to dissolve.

I read that it only takes one out of every ten cars to drive this way to effectively prevent the stop-and-go buildups from ever forming.

derbo
09-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Nothing better than the feeling of coasting up to a block of impatient tailgaters just as their jam starts to dissolve.

I read that it only takes one out of every ten cars to drive this way to effectively prevent the stop-and-go buildups from ever forming.

That probably could happen. This is probably another reason automated-merging by computers would be great. Ie. merging lanes would be time perfectly for a minimal slowdown. If only...

I tend to play "how long can I not touch the brake pedal" game when i'm in traffic. Longest I got was 30miles traffic... :\

Rovert
09-21-2013, 07:25 PM
I tend to play "how long can I not touch the brake pedal" game when i'm in traffic. Longest I got was 30miles traffic... :\

It's easy when you have a third pedal. :P I've watch my fruits of my patience pay off when I head into stop and go situation. I keep a steady pace even if a have to create a 5 car gap in front of my me. Some will get pissed and come in just to waste gas passing me and then hit the brakes hard into my newly created space just to stop and go in front of me. After half a mile I look behind and watch as my creation of a non stop and go flow is created. Less brakes = better fuel economy no matter what speed!!

PirateZHP
09-26-2013, 05:22 AM
I have been driving like Derek has talked about so far this week. I try my hardest to never hit the brakes and typically have a lot of room between me and the car in front. It works! My MPG has gone up by .4 this week. That's pretty damn good if you ask me. If I continue, who knows how far up I can go! And... it is awesome watching people get IRATE. For some reaon I really enjoy that part of it.

danewilson77
09-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Door to door. I just couldn't squeak out 30 mpg.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Maint%20and%20Misc%20II/20130929_182431.jpg (http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/nicee46/media/Maint%20and%20Misc%20II/20130929_182431.jpg.html)

3ZHPGUY
09-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Mountain roads will do that :)

Avetiso
09-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Phew. 188k miles. Some day...

danewilson77
09-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Phew. 188k miles. Some day...

I know right? The car ran like a top too. I do have over $15k in the car (maint/mods over 3 years) not counting what I paid for it though.

alexandre
09-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Lol Dario you have a long way to go.

Me and Dane are just breaking in with our measly ~200k's. Some guy on reddit driving an E46 323 - original engine and tranny:

danewilson77
09-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Damn. He wins.

Johal E32
09-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Wow. 480k!

I get 24.7. 323i touring. 5 spd with 3.46 diff

Heavy foot, mostly back roads. Maybe 15% highway.

az3579
09-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Wow. 480k!

I get 24.7. 323i touring. 5 spd with 3.46 diff

Heavy foot, mostly back roads. Maybe 15% highway.

Yeah but if you don't have a heavy foot, you ain't goin' nowhere in a 323i...
So considering that, you're doing pretty damn good!

az3579
10-06-2013, 03:14 PM
On the way home tonight, on a very rainy and miserable day. Hit some traffic that lasted about 1 exit with a 30mph roll, and snapped this just as I slowed down for the traffic that would keep me occupied for the next 45 minutes home.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2846/10127307445_f7c7e235bc_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/65070296@N06/10127307445/)
photo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/65070296@N06/10127307445/) by botond.pal (http://www.flickr.com/people/65070296@N06/), on Flickr

By the time I parked the car, I ended up with 34.1mpg in traffic with an average speed of probably 15-20mph. It only became stop & go the last 15 miles of the journey, which killed it since it was impossible to keep rolling.

BimmerWill
10-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Very impressive!!!

Sent from S4

Johal E32
10-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Yeah but if you don't have a heavy foot, you ain't goin' nowhere in a 323i...
So considering that, you're doing pretty damn good!

Yeah lol. That 168hp fury!! It does have plenty of get up and go when you really try. It impresses most people who try driving my car.

az3579
10-11-2013, 03:23 AM

What are we lookin' at here?

danewilson77
10-11-2013, 03:46 AM
What are we lookin' at here?

Temp.

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

az3579
10-11-2013, 08:51 AM
^ I think he meant to post it in the odometer mileage thread. :)

ELCID86
10-11-2013, 09:25 AM
^ I think he meant to post it in the odometer mileage thread. :)

Yep. Sorry. Deleted.

Shawn in VA.
Via thumbs and Tapatalk.

alexandre
10-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Got a 800km/500mi tank driving down to central Maine today. Winning!

Pip
12-06-2013, 08:02 AM
This is my PR for the steptronic zhp. Took a trip to the Sacramento airport and back.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/07/uju2e8an.jpg

johnrando
12-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Very nice, almost double my city mpg.

Pip
12-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Very nice, almost double my city mpg.

Oh yea. City is terrible. I'm around 16 in the city.

danewilson77
12-06-2013, 09:42 AM
ZHP gas pump handle location is a coincidence. Mine is on opposite side (drivers side).

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Maint%20and%20Misc%20II/20131205_091209.jpg (http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/nicee46/media/Maint%20and%20Misc%20II/20131205_091209.jpg.html)

Pip
12-06-2013, 09:53 AM
ZHP gas pump handle location is a coincidence. Mine is on opposite side (drivers side).

Hmm. I figured engineers would have designed this in by now or maybe they just drive their car enough to know and don't swap cars often.

danewilson77
12-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Mini is pretty easy though. You can see it out drivers side mirror.

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH

Avetiso
12-06-2013, 10:19 AM
I got ~380 miles outta my last tank, to the tune of 24.2mpg. OBD readout was 24.3mpg, so pretty accurate.

fredo
12-06-2013, 11:02 AM
137,108 miles on my 2005 Mini Cooper. This means 1,400 miles in 8 months of ownership. Like Dane's Mini, this one has the gas tank on the driver's side (mine is 1st generation and Dane's is 2nd generation).

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag89/av1968/mini-miles-dec062013_zps64d3ac3b.jpg

PS My bad, I just noticed this thread is for current gas mileage and not for current miles

johnrando
12-06-2013, 03:34 PM

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Maint%20and%20Misc%20II/20131205_091209.jpg (http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/nicee46/media/Maint%20and%20Misc%20II/20131205_091209.jpg.html)

Buzzkill. Figured it was though.

danewilson77
12-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Sorry :/

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH

Rovert
12-07-2013, 01:25 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/08/yjenu6um.jpg

Driven 156 miles and have another 304 miles left. It's around 27-28MPG.

fredo
12-07-2013, 01:33 PM
That's cool, but what's the deal with the SES ?

Rovert
12-07-2013, 01:35 PM
I like to live life on the edge!! If something isn't breaking I'm not doing it hard enough. LOL.

Just a secondary intake pump. Have to change the valve since the electric pump works fine. Funny how this secondary emissions add-on cost more to fix than it seems to foul any exhaust parts or save fuel. :D

Johal E32
12-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Does a thermostat play a big role with mpg's? My car never fully warms up, so I'm thinking this has a impact on the fuel efficiency. Right?

Hornung418
12-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Yes, the thermostat helps keep the engine at the right temp for the optimal efficiency. You should see a jump in MPG when you get it done. I'm hoping that all will go smoothly when mine get's back from the shop.

BimmerWill
12-08-2013, 07:36 AM
I like to live life on the edge!! If something isn't breaking I'm not doing it hard enough. LOL.

Just a secondary intake pump. Have to change the valve since the electric pump works fine. Funny how this secondary emissions add-on cost more to fix than it seems to foul any exhaust parts or save fuel. :D

I would double check your vacuum lines leading to the valve before you buy a new one. I had the same problem and it ended up being a section of the vacuum hose leading around to the intake. Saved me some $$$. Was just a pain tracking that sucker down when its back between the firewall and the head.

sent from S4

gmurphy
05-12-2014, 06:52 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/12/puhutysa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELCID86
05-17-2014, 03:03 PM
Just rolled 82k in Colin's car.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Rovert
10-06-2014, 06:09 PM
http://cl.ly/image/1Z3S3n0T1I0F/2014-10-01-11.40.52.jpg

Too much farm driving in the ///M. LOL

az3579
10-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Just rolled 82k in Colin's car.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Wrong thread. :biggrin

Avetiso
10-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Got a little over 18mpg this tank. Up from 16mpg.

It's something.

Rovert
10-06-2014, 06:18 PM
LOL. It'll get better once you stop making the S54 sound like it's shooting out metal chunks from it's pipes.

Tnhl1989
10-06-2014, 07:35 PM
http://cl.ly/image/1Z3S3n0T1I0F/2014-10-01-11.40.52.jpg

Too much farm driving in the ///M. LOL

Just realized you got a smg. Did you code in the csl tune?

Rovert
10-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Yup! ECU and SMG are coded for shifting and rev matching goodness!!!

Pip
10-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Glad to see others rocking a little less than high noon on the water temp (talking about s54).

Avetiso
10-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Glad to see others rocking a little less than high noon on the water temp (talking about s54).
Mine rarely hits 12o'clock, too. Weird.

Pip
10-06-2014, 09:40 PM
Mine rarely hits 12o'clock, too. Weird.

I think it is normal. I see noon when the temps at around 85-100 and I'm driving normal. No matter what the temps are if I'm pushing the car both oil and water rise. I haven't seen anything past noon which is also normal for water temps on the OEM system.

Fenrir
10-08-2014, 12:29 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/09/nevabymu.jpg

Pay no mind to the Cel. The car....lost... It's cats.

Sent from a blue police box.

OtterEffect
10-08-2014, 03:19 PM
My average over the last couple tanks :)
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/08/50c8178d02fa49150d76ebf2583e0245.jpg

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk