View Full Version : For Sale: 2005 BMW 330i ZHP, Imola Red/Black Alcantera, 48k miles, $16k

ecrabb
07-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Found this one last week searching for a car in the midwest... It's in Aurora, CO (Denver). It took her a few days to respond, but she eventually got back to me. Judging by her email, I don't know that she's aware that her car is anything out of the ordinary.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2452819645.html

The BMW 330I is a nice red color.
The car is in great condition.
Nice suede interior with sports seats.
Automatic with only 48000 miles.

If any qustions or interested please contact me by
calling me at this number 303-344-1320 6pm and later
or
call me at 303-777-2777 9-4pm
or
e-mail me at noreimar@yahoo.com
I know spanish and english.

I'd be all over this one - it's way in my price/mileage sweet spot... But, my wife isn't crazy about red and I want a 6MT.

Her email to me indicated she was willing to negotiate on price. I'm surprised it hasn't sold already, actually.

Her name is Noreima Rodriguez.

Cheers,
SC

http://images.craigslist.org/3n93m13l35Y45Z15P6b6kaafa9aaf77981191.jpg http://images.craigslist.org/3me3o73l15Y65Z05W6b6k1077a729d4f31b8b.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/3ka3pc3o65O15S25R5b6k8c8a5ba0c0f31891.jpg http://images.craigslist.org/3kf3m43p55O65Z55Q3b6k2cf3ad198c8a1ddc.jpg

SoarinZHP
07-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Man-o-man - that seems like a smokin' deal...

Marcus-SanDiego
07-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Agree.

flexlewis
07-20-2011, 08:02 PM
do you guys know if this is a 1 owner ?

Marcus-SanDiego
07-20-2011, 09:42 PM
I bet it's a one-owner car. But just a guess.

danewilson77
07-21-2011, 03:28 AM
It is a nice red color.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

SoarinZHP
07-21-2011, 05:34 AM
It seems like a real steal.

flexlewis
07-21-2011, 06:49 AM
It is a nice red color.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

lol :biggrin i dont think she's a BMW/ZHP enthusiast...

Marcus-SanDiego
07-21-2011, 07:18 AM
This looks like a steal of a car. This would be on my short list.

e34slt
07-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Just spoke with Noreima.
She says that the car is a 330i and she doesn't know anything about it being a ZHP. And it doesn't say ZHP in her Craigslist ad.
She also says that the interior is a medium grey - not black...and that the trim strip is a black color...not silver or woodgrain. She really doesn't know much about the car other than she likes it...and that it runs good.
She is the 2nd owner, and she's had it for around 4 years. She says that it has been serviced regularly, but that she really doesn't know much about BMW service schedules and such. She just bought it on her own because she "liked the color". Her husband may know more about the car. She says it's excellent inside and out. She hit a curb once (passenger side) and had to get the "arm thingy" repaired. No damage to the axles or frame she says. She is getting an alignment and sway bar link(?) done soon (must have hit a pot hole or something). She says it is garaged most of the time. Her family is growing and they just don't fit into it anymore...so it is rarely driven anymore. She is not in a rush to sell. But she is flexible on the price. I think she'll take 15K.
Do you guys think that 15K is a good price on this? I don't like the red color....but if it could be bought right...I could drive it until I find the perfect combo for me.
Any thoughts? Why was this thought to be a ZHP? Is the Alcantra interior only found on the ZHP?
TIA
Scott

Marcus-SanDiego
07-23-2011, 07:38 AM
It has the M-tech II bumper kit. It has the 135M wheels. It's imola red. All ZHP attributes. If I could see interior pictures, I would venture to say that the needles would be red. It's a ZHP. Alcantara interior only in ZHP. The interior trim that she's talking about is called black cube. My guess is that the Alcantara looks medium gray to her. Have her send you some interior pictures.

And it won't say ZHP anywhere on the car.

At $15K, this is a steal (assuming there isn't any damage to the car).

See the FAQ for other things related to the ZHP: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1789-Frequently-Asked-Questions-%28FAQ%29-About-the-BMW-E46-330-ZHP-Performance-Package-Option

BlackNTan
07-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Check the Carfax first and see if she'll agree with a PPI. That price seems really good to my untrained eyes. You'll grow to love Imola Red. It is a deep rich red and very appealing compared to some other shades of red. I'd be pretty enthusiastic about this deal from the info I've seen so far.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Agree. The imola is something sweet. Great color. Rich. If you like red, even a little, this one will grow on you.

ecrabb
07-23-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm not a huge red car fan, but if this car would have been a 6MT, it would likely be in my garage already. If the car is clean, the price is awesome.

SC

flexlewis
07-23-2011, 07:06 PM
thanks for the info, i emailed her but never got a response..i love imola red and its one of the main reasons for wanting a ZHP, i dont think you can get imola red on non-M cars besides the ZHP or X5 E53 4.8is (which im also considering)...anyways the cars seems a little sketchy IMO

BimmerRules!
07-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Nah, dont get disappointed with the lack of response and assume that the car seems sketchy. The ad strikes to me as a genuine one and she is probably busy. As the OP mentioned, she took some time in getting back.

So, be extra patient because it looks like a fantastic deal at this price.

Hope you get it done. :)

Marcus-SanDiego
07-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Yep. Just seems like a person who doesn't know the car as well as we do.

ecrabb
07-24-2011, 08:57 PM
I exchanged emails with her a week or two ago... My "sketchy alert" never came on at all. Sounds like she may have just had a baby - that was the reason she gave for selling the ZHP - needed a van. Anybody who's ever had a newborn on the house knows exactly how you can go several days without answering an email, and it seems like a day... Time can be a blur. I think she took 2-3 days or more to respond to my first inquiry.

SC

Johal E32
07-24-2011, 09:03 PM
why does this tempt me..... wife could use something more economical than her honda pilot, ZHP's aren't that great on gas but if I had two side by side:thumbsup

e34slt
07-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks BlackNtan...
She is checking with the stealer to see if she can get a PPI report. Don't know if she has a carfax or not. If not - is that something that I can purchase on my end with the VIN # ?
Bought a lot of cars in my time...but never bought one of them-thar newfangled carfox'es... (my age is showing) :-)

Check the Carfax first and see if she'll agree with a PPI. That price seems really good to my untrained eyes. You'll grow to love Imola Red. It is a deep rich red and very appealing compared to some other shades of red. I'd be pretty enthusiastic about this deal from the info I've seen so far.

e34slt
07-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Red is not my favorite color Marcus, but I have owned a few dark red or burgandy cars in my time. I'm looking for something a bit more sedate...but - I'm open to the possibilities. If you guys say Imola is nice...I believe you. And if I didn't end up liking it....I could always sell or trade it for a preferred color. I really need wheels by Oct 1st...so if the price is right - which it appears to be - I don't have to get everything that's on my 'ideal' wishlist.

e34slt
07-25-2011, 09:55 AM
She doesn't seem sketchy to me either ecrabb. Of course you never know for sure...but she seems like a legit person to me...just unsophisticated re cars. Agree with your take on the family distractions...she seems to just be busy and on the run.

I exchanged emails with her a week or two ago... My "sketchy alert" never came on at all. Sounds like she may have just had a baby - that was the reason she gave for selling the ZHP - needed a van. Anybody who's ever had a newborn on the house knows exactly how you can go several days without answering an email, and it seems like a day... Time can be a blur. I think she took 2-3 days or more to respond to my first inquiry.

SC

Marcus-SanDiego
07-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Thanks BlackNtan...
She is checking with the stealer to see if she can get a PPI report. Don't know if she has a carfax or not. If not - is that something that I can purchase on my end with the VIN # ?
Bought a lot of cars in my time...but never bought one of them-thar newfangled carfox'es... (my age is showing) :-)

Get the VIN and you can run a Carfax or Autocheck.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Scott, difficult to say. I'd have to ask my mechanic about it. I'd see what he said. I'd follow his lead. I can tell you that I'd go to my mechanic with a sense of hesitation. I'd need to see what his opinion is, though.

In other words, I can't weigh in on this one. I'll defer to others on this forum.

llll1l1ll
07-25-2011, 11:54 AM
If they replaced the head in its entirety, then the head itself will be fine.

The thing you need to figure out is why the head cracked and if whatever caused the head to crack was fixed. Also, if it was overheating, might wanna see about the block being warped, as well.

e34slt
07-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the info Soldier.
I haven't heard back from her yet...just left a message.
I gotta say...the cracked head issue gives me the heeby-geebies. Waiting to get some more info and pics...

e34slt
07-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Haven't heard back from the seller for several days...
I am going to be giving this one a pass.
Thank for all the info guys - appreciate it!

nixtfy
07-31-2011, 08:08 PM
I looked at this car. I am mixed about it. The owner was very nice. Things it needs tires there noisey, left headlight?, Owner stated it has a bent strut she would replace. Possible smoker or maybe residue from original owner nothing too potent. My wife and I could not agree on if it was smoked in or not. Positive no repaints, drove well I can live with the auto as I have a 911. The alcantara steering wheel looked good and had been replaced prior to her ownership. Bolster was pilling some; is this normal at 48k? Did not have the option I really wanted fold down rear seats. Some minor wear on the inside here and there not mint. Let me know if anyone wants to know more. I tend to keep my cars for years so the fold down seats along with some other options might cause me to pass.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Shouldn't have that much bolster wear with less than 50k miles. That's typically indicative of a lot of short trips (lots of ins and outs).

billschusteriv
08-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Hopefully someone here will give this ZHP a nice home...

Marcus-SanDiego
09-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Anyone know what happened with this one?

break80
09-21-2011, 06:44 PM
wow, any updates. I've been on Craigs list and I don't see it , post expired..15k would be in the wheelhouse

Marcus-SanDiego
09-21-2011, 06:54 PM
I would advise you to call the owner. Or contact Steve or Scott, who corresponded with her. Send them a PM.

break80
09-22-2011, 07:51 AM
thanks Marcus. I think I'll let this one go. I would like to not worry about the cracked head issue and what caused it.