PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Imola Red 6mt 58k miles - PA

webster
08-02-2011, 07:46 AM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=304215805&dealer_id=554005&car_year=2005&systime=&doors=&model=330CI&search_lang=en&start_year=2004&body_style=COUPE&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=0&min_price=14000&rdm=1312299177805&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywords_display=&sownerid=72354&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=n&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=HOUSTON_SW&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=2&transmission=Manual&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=75000&color=&address=77098&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&make=BMW&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=1253&standard=false

looks pretty good at a quick glance. small dealership in PA. list price is high at $19,999. anyone close?

billschusteriv
08-02-2011, 10:24 AM
The dealership is 10 miles from my house.

I would be willing to go look at it for anyone interested. I'm available Wednesday night and remainder of the week.

I also have an excellent independent BMW mechanic that may be available to do a PPI.

Hornung418
08-02-2011, 07:18 PM
The dealership is 10 miles from my house.

I would be willing to go look at it for anyone interested. I'm available Wednesday night and remainder of the week.

I also have an excellent independent BMW mechanic that may be available to do a PPI.

Let's see it, Bill. If you have time from your busy schedule, I think you could do the forum a favor :) Granted, I'm not interested, but what if we have a lurker that needs to get his bearings.

I think you could do a lurker-friendly car report. Then command a commission for scoping the car :)

I really want a 6speed with MS42 software :shifty

I've noticed a lack of selflessness in my drunken posts...I promise not to make it a habit :biggrin this car looks good to me, it's just missing a couple of doors... ;)

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.

billschusteriv
08-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Let's see it, Bill. If you have time from your busy schedule, I think you could do the forum a favor :) Granted, I'm not interested, but what if we have a lurker that needs to get his bearings.

I think you could do a lurker-friendly car report. Then command a commission for scoping the car :)

I really want a 6speed with MS42 software :shifty

I've noticed a lack of selflessness in my drunken posts...I promise not to make it a habit :biggrin this car looks good to me, it's just missing a couple of doors... ;)

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.

Hehe. Hope it isn't contagious. J/k

Excellent suggestion. I just left the dealer. Imola ftw.

Took video - will post later. Apologies in advance for my annoying commentary and non-steady cam.

BlackBerry. Tapatalk.

billschusteriv
08-04-2011, 02:52 AM
I copied the details from the Autotrader ad (with some comments in bold/italics).

Price: $19,995
Mileage: 58,260
Body Style: Coupe
Exterior Color: Imola Red
Interior Color: Black
Engine: 6 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
Drive Type: 2 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Doors: Two Door
Stock No. 9901
VIN: WBABD53485PD98582 (from trunk - see video)

Vehicle Description
INSTALLED OPTIONS
Vanity Mirror(s)
Driver Side Air Bag
Rear Defroster
Memory Seat(s)
Traction Control: DSC
Front Side Airbags
Passenger Airbag
Keyless Entry
Anti-Lock Brakes
Air Conditioning
Alarm System
Alloy Wheels
AM/FM Radio - Harmon Kardon
Bucket Seats
Cruise Control
CD Player
Power Seats
Fog Lights
Heated Seats
Power Door Locks
Power Mirrors
Power Windows
Rear Spoiler
Sunroof
Tilt Wheel
Woodgrain Applique - Black Cube
Xenon Headlights

Seller's Description and Comments
Service Mgr's Personal Car-330Ci
M-3 Pkg - ZHP
6 Speed
Pwr.Moonroof
Heated Leather
Pwr.Seats W/Memory
Prem.18'' Alloys
Nitto Tires
Pillar& Door Side Airbags
Folding Rear seats
Sport Pkg
Stereo Controls In Steering Wheel
Tilt&Cruise
Keyless Entry - "One remote doesn't work, wasn't used so it is not charged"
EXC.Cond In & Out!!
Ext.Warr.Ava.

billschusteriv
08-04-2011, 04:14 AM
Like I said above, I'll apologize in advance for my annoying commentary while walking around the ZHP.

I'm only so mechanically inclined and would not consider my assessment to be anything more than a quick glance at cosmetic items. I just injured my knee or I would've been crawling under the car and getting some more snazzy video. I also haven't done many of these inspections and am still learning what to look for.

You'll hear me make comments throughout the video like, looks good or in nice shape. Please ignore those - I was slightly nervous doing this for our community - the comments were filler for silence. I was trying to provide some objective video to go along with any write up I provided.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpYhjHIL7zM

That said, I hope the video helps someone make an informed decision (either way, to buy or not to buy).

billschusteriv
08-04-2011, 08:22 AM
I arrived at the dealership last night a little after 7pm. I introduced myself to the sales guy (Bob) walking around, offered a ZHPMafia.com business card (which he returned), and explained to him that I was here to do a quick review of the car. I briefly explained the purpose of our community and the gentleman barely seemed interested. No matter. This was obviously not something he was expecting on a Wednesday evening. Bob went and grabbed the keys to unlock the car, but did not offer to start or let me drive the car. No matter. This review is mostly cosmetic anyway. I'm not a ZHP guy and would only be amazed at the performance difference between my touring and the ZHP - contributing to this already slightly biased review. I started asking Bob questions - first one was regarding maintenance history and he immediately deferred to the owner, his service mechanic for information on the car - who is on vacation for the next two weeks.

I walked around the car, opened the doors, hood, and trunk, and started to look around. On the exterior, there are a good number of rock chips, scratches, and other imperfections in the paint. The paint looks like it has some good "orange peel" going on and would probably clean up with a good detail. The drivers side headlight lens has a small rock chip in the center and the passenger fog trim ring has a chip/blemish around the bottom. The passenger side wheels have some curb damage while the drivers side wheels have none that I saw immediately. There is no fading and no clearcoat peeling on finish on the Style 135s - I'd give them a 8 of 10 with the curb damage.

The engine compartment looked clean, perhaps detailed. There were no immediate signs of leaks or past problems from the birdseye view.

The trunk is a trunk. No damage to lining. Toolkit might be missing something that I couldn't immediately identify. The spare tire (donut) was in place under the trunk mat.

The drivers seat, and rear seat on drivers side had what looks to be mud present. No damage to drivers side bolster. No other immediately noticeable damage to the leather interior. The alcantara steering wheel has some wear, but is not worn, presumably from normal use. The black cube coupe trim had some interesting wear marks - on the door pulls and on the arm rests in the rear seat.

Considering what I saw, the car would need some TLC and maybe some PM done.

The price is around east coast pricing, but I don't know if I'd pay 20k for this one if I didn't come with complete maintenance history.

billschusteriv
08-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Recommend mods change title to reflect this car has a local Mafia contact and video review.

webster
08-04-2011, 08:49 AM
thanks for the review and visit, kind sir. i love trying to imagine what that sales guy was thinking when you introduced yourself, lol...

Marcus-SanDiego
08-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Hehe. What a hoot. I can imagine him looking at the card as you placed it in his hand. Would have loved to see his face.

Thanks for the review, bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

billschusteriv
08-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Was kicking myself after leaving. Should've asked him to consider passing along our info to the new owner.

I did tell him that I hoped we'd send him some traffic and interested parties.

BlackBerry. Tapatalk.

RPA88
03-09-2014, 06:57 AM
Nice work on this assessment.

ELCID86
03-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Nice work on this assessment.

Back from the dead!