PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Transportation Companies

Marcus-SanDiego
08-03-2011, 10:14 AM
I see a lot of people buying cars. I often see people referring to transport companies that will get the car from A to B.

If you've used a transport company to get your ZHP to you, please share the company name and the experience you had (good or bad). Additionally, tell us how far the car had to be transported and give a general price.

Thanks, guys.

danewilson77
08-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Nice thread Boss.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Kudos
08-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I will say that i'm in the transportation business, however only know of one source (my father) who does such a thing. He transports all kinds of cars in dry vans (regular boxes, and secures the cars with straps and wood at the wheels). A bit unconventional, but typically cheaper than car transport if someone is interested. His lane is basically FL- IL. Anything around there he can do. PM for details if interested.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-03-2011, 03:41 PM
You should put this information on the family hookup page.

balk14
08-03-2011, 06:13 PM
I used National Car Transport to ship my ZHP from the DC area to Austin, TX. It cost me about $900 for an open ship - which was fine with me cause they were rated A+ by the BBB. The car got here exactly the day they said it would, the driver was really nice and seemed to be a car transporting veteran.

My only complaint is that I never had any of my emails (3) or calls (4) answered the entire time my car was in transit. Not sure what that was about, but I got the car safe and sound and on time. I would say I WOULD NOT recommend them due to their lack of customer service in my eyes, then again I'm not sure what else is out there.

Hope that helps!

Marcus-SanDiego
08-03-2011, 06:46 PM
That does help. If I have a car being transported, I would like to have someone answer an email or call when I have a question. Doesn't seem like too much to ask.

balk14
08-03-2011, 07:42 PM
they were as friendly as could be at first, then as soon as they got my deposit they disappeared like ghost...that kinda stuff rubs me the wrong way - im planning on writing them an email here in the next couple of days

Marcus-SanDiego
08-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Sounds as though you shouldn't bother. They may get it but they'll never respond to it. :biggrin

And, yes, that would really irk me.

balk14
08-03-2011, 08:22 PM
hahahaha good point!!! on a better note...im loving the car...its everything i could ask for + 500000 :)

Marcus-SanDiego
08-03-2011, 08:29 PM
That's great. You bought from a great seller. Congrats again.

Jon D
08-04-2011, 02:29 PM
I have shipped a few cars both open one the ZHP. I'll look for the brokers name but most contracts are with a broker who then subs it out to a driver. There are exceptions but they are mostly covered transports and cost much more. Si when I can afford that Aston and it comes from CA I'll deal with one of them.

danewilson77
04-20-2016, 12:56 PM
Bump.

Sent from an S6 Edge

Scott ZHP
04-21-2016, 03:01 AM
I used DAS to ship a Triumph from San Diego to Philadelphia area in an enclosed trailer. Wouldn't use them again.

Tracking was lousy; the on-line status was rarely updated. It took twice as long as advertised and they lost the keys on the final leg; although they did FedEx them to me eventually. Vehicle arrived undamaged, but it was not a pleasant experience. I think they are more of a broker than an actual hauler.