PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP 6SPD, 80,500 miles, $13,000, Orient Blue?/Natural Brown

heron88
08-14-2011, 10:24 AM
I found this mota listing on Autotrader:

http://sellers.mota.com/m455823

I gave the guy a call, he said he was selling it because he's being deployed to Afghanistan soon. I also ran a carfax on it which I have attached for your convenience. He's using the Autotrader VIP program so the vehicle description looks like it's a dealer.

This is the exact color combo I've always wanted on a 330 and the fact that its a ZHP makes it even better. However, the purchase of an F-350 for towing has recently become a much greater priority, so my search for a 330 has been put off for now :( . If it was here in California that may've been a different story.

Let me know if anything happens with this thing, I'm curious to see if it's legitimate at that price.

http://www.andrewcoelho.com/photos/i-zpR7pVP/0/O/i-zpR7pVP.jpg

tnord
08-14-2011, 11:37 AM
i'm trying like hell to get it, but this guy won't call me back. i've tried 3x. i guess you got a hold of him, so i'll try again.

what's with the odometer rollback? i'll have to ask.

EDIT; tried for the 4th time, and he still won't answer the phone or call me back.

ecrabb
08-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Hey, tnord -

Could you please let me know if you decide to bail on this car or if you can't make a deal? I'm definitely interested, but it'll take me at least a week - probably two - to put the money together and get back down to that area (I was just down there two weeks ago!). If you can make a deal, go for it. But, if it doesn't happen for some reason, please PM me.

Thanks!
SC

Marcus-SanDiego
08-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Sounds as though the mafia should do a team call. If anyone gets in touch with the guy give him tnord's contact info. :biggrin

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

das boots
08-14-2011, 07:39 PM
http://www.andrewcoelho.com/photos/i-zpR7pVP/0/O/i-zpR7pVP.jpg[/IMG]

+1. I'll be right behind you for this in Calif.

tnord
08-15-2011, 02:59 AM
if i don't get it - no biggie. i've got a line on an 05 AW/blk w/cold/premium for sub $10k with 100k miles.

Alphatek45
08-15-2011, 03:04 AM
Love that color combo. Who the hell sells a car and doesn't call people back? It's probably sold...

tnord
08-15-2011, 04:37 AM
i doubt it, i started calling the first morning it showed up on autotrader.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-15-2011, 06:10 AM
The odometer thing looks harmless enough. The first entity looks like it screwed up the mileage at the beginning. Then it made the real mileage, almost a year later, look out of whack.

But that accident, involving front and rear, is interesting.

Without an accident, this car would be fairly priced. It's a midwest car. They tend to have the softest prices. With the accident, I would be reluctant to pay that amount.

BimmerRules!
08-15-2011, 07:41 AM
Marcus, I think the ad mentions that it was just a light bumper damage that got replaced. So hopefully nothing major. Looks so sweet! :)

tnord: my 2cents - since you already spoke to the seller and he disclosed that he's being deployed to Afghanistan, I assume that he is preparing for it and god knows how crazy/stressful it's for our valued forces who are preparing for such a trip. So, might be best not to push too much. In case you haven't, leave him a vm that that you can pull the trigger immediately assuming no issues on PPI and offer to place a deposit to indicate how serious you are. That way he'll be influenced to call you first.

Good luck!

Marcus-SanDiego
08-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Front and back bumper damage or just one bumper?

BimmerRules!
08-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Ad says "minor fender-bender but the damage has been fixed".

Didn't want to contact him because I knew that one of the members is already pursuing it. So, do not know more.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Oh ok. I was just following the carfax information. Says impact on front and back bumper.

ecrabb
08-15-2011, 08:25 AM
It's a midwest car. They tend to have the softest prices. With the accident, I would be reluctant to pay that amount.

Hmmm... I'm not running into these softer-priced midwest cars at all. If they're around, they're few and far between. What I'm finding is that the few midwest cars I am able find have higher miles and aren't as nice of cars as those on the east- and west coasts. That leads me to believe the softer prices are directly related to the quality of the cars (or lack thereof).

Assuming a clean PPI, I'd be inclined to give the seller his asking price - even with the accident/repair - given what I've seen within a long day's drive of where I live.

SC

Marcus-SanDiego
08-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Good to know, Steve. I did run into quite a few beat up ZHPs in the midwest, too.

tnord
08-15-2011, 10:50 AM
i've never talked to the guy, so i had no idea he was being deployed until this thread. i've called him once since, and haven't heard back. it's been over two days now and still haven't heard back. i told the autotrader operator to leave a message stating i had cash available for purchasing today, i don't know what else to do.

i'm headed to look at a regular 2004 330 sport/premium/cold weather tonight, not waiting around. if someone has REAL contact info for this guy, let me know.

tnord
08-16-2011, 08:04 AM
anybody talked to this dude? heard nothing yesterday, called again this morning.....no response.

heron88
08-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Seems like he's disappeared. I've called a few times to try and get his direct contact info but I haven't been able to reach him after our first conversation.

tnord
08-17-2011, 05:33 AM
heard from the guy last night.

damage was more significant than implied. whole car was repainted from hydroplaning off the highway and brushing up against those cable (not the armco/jersey barrier) fences they have to keep people from crossing over. i was at the royals game last night a few drinks in when he called so i don't remember perfectly, but i think the RF fender and front bumper were replaced. i need to call him back today and ask some more detailed questions. sounds like tires and brakes will need replacing soon as well.

i'll do some research and probably make him an offer today, based on an acceptable PPI result. can anyone tell me about what it costs for brakes on these things? $700 or so at a dealer? maybe $500 in parts for rotors and pads?

danewilson77
08-17-2011, 06:19 AM
heard from the guy last night.

damage was more significant than implied. whole car was repainted from hydroplaning off the highway and brushing up against those cable (not the armco/jersey barrier) fences they have to keep people from crossing over. i was at the royals game last night a few drinks in when he called so i don't remember perfectly, but i think the RF fender and front bumper were replaced. i need to call him back today and ask some more detailed questions. sounds like tires and brakes will need replacing soon as well.

i'll do some research and probably make him an offer today, based on an acceptable PPI result. can anyone tell me about what it costs for brakes on these things? $700 or so at a dealer? maybe $500 in parts for rotors and pads?

You can get a good brake kit for around $400.00 and DIY it.....or go to dealer and pay closer to $1000.00.

webster
08-17-2011, 06:24 AM
awesome color combo! i'd be wary of the accident history, but it could be good grab.

tnord
08-17-2011, 06:35 AM
i'll DIY it for sure, just curious what the dealer price is for negotiation purposes.

on the color combo i saw a picture of another 2005 orient blue car where the bottom half of the dash was tan with tan carpet. this one appears to have an all black dash with black carpet. seems a bit unusual to have that many color combo options, and if it's tan carpet i'm not sure i want it, that's just too big of a pain to keep clean.

edit; i think the inspection II or whatever is due as well.

tnord
08-18-2011, 10:15 AM
pending inspection at the dealer, this car has been sold to me.

danewilson77
08-18-2011, 10:17 AM

Congrats!

Marcus-SanDiego
08-18-2011, 11:36 AM

One of our other members saw this car. Mentioned the accident history and the paint work (a total respray) that was done on the car. How did it look to you?

tnord
08-18-2011, 11:56 AM
i haven't seen it yet. i'm out of town this weekend and the terms of our agreement are still contingent upon in-person and dealer inspection.

if someone actually has seen it i'd love to talk to them.

brens323
08-18-2011, 12:04 PM
I have seen and driven the car, albiet not a very in depth inspection but feel free to pm me.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-18-2011, 12:52 PM
You two definitely need to PM.

Glad you joined the site, Ted. You're already paying dividends. :biggrin

tnord
08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
PM sent. sounds like it might be something everyone looking at this car should know about? i'm aware the fender, bumper, and radiator were replaced and the whole car was resprayed, but that doesn't scare me off unless the respray was poorly done.

brens323
08-18-2011, 01:30 PM
I wasn't sure how everyone would feel about this that's the reason I asked you to pm me, but if no one has qualms about it I can post up here.

tnord
08-18-2011, 01:35 PM
just PM me for now since i'm the one planning on buying it.

BimmerRules!
08-19-2011, 07:00 AM
Congrats on the purchase. Hope everything goes well. :)

Out of curiosity, did you check with the OP if he/she was purchasing it before you negotiated with the seller? Thx,

heron88
08-19-2011, 01:34 PM
I mentioned in my post that I was no longer interested in pursuing it because I'm looking for an F-350.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Heron, good luck with the purchase!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MPowerFanatic
08-20-2011, 04:40 AM
if i don't get it - no biggie. i've got a line on an 05 AW/blk w/cold/premium for sub $10k with 100k miles.

Do you mind passing this lead to me if you purchase this orient blue car? Thanks

BimmerRules!
08-20-2011, 04:54 AM
I mentioned in my post that I was no longer interested in pursuing it because I'm looking for an F-350.

Thought #18 was your last post on this thread in which you mention that you were still attempting to contact the seller; and four posts later, I found that tnord had purchased it. :) Hence the query.

F-350? Hmm...Isn't it slightly bigger than a zhp? :) Just kidding. Good luck!

KKSmith
08-20-2011, 04:24 PM
I've been watching here for a while- good professional deal
although I just joined and consider myself a rookie - I started looking a couple months ago and realized the ZHP was produced- I can't even look at sport package cars anymore- I was headed up to buy this car yesterday, but he was going to show it in St. Louis this morning and couldn't get there before he left. just want you guys to know that a guy in Alabama is sitting here crying----- a 6'2" 230lb man baby. seriously, I see a lot of black and silver, but this blue\montana natural color is very rare and what I want. Would like to know how this sell turned out...even if it makes me cry even more- thought that I would give up for now.....but, that aint gonna happen. I will try and post what I see down here in the South. There is one in Hueytown (B'ham, Al) that someone maybe interested in- blk/blk- think it was AutoTrader under a 330 listing. It is tough to know where/how these things are going to be listed! Marcus, I am very thankful that you started this- thank you

kayger12
08-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the Family. Be sure to hit up an intro thread in the New Members section. (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?9-New-Members)

Marcus-SanDiego
08-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Marcus, I am very thankful that you started this- thank you

You are welcome, sir. Be sure to introduce yourself in the new members forum (link in Keith's post).

Welcome to the forum.

tnord
08-22-2011, 04:49 AM
hmmm....seems like i need to call him again to try and make sure it doesn't get sold out from under me. i had to leave town this past weekend and couldn't go pick it up.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-22-2011, 06:26 AM
hmmm....seems like i need to call him again to try and make sure it doesn't get sold out from under me. i had to leave town this past weekend and couldn't go pick it up.

Good call. Sounds like he's busy wheeling and dealing with anyone who calls.

tnord
08-22-2011, 07:15 AM
i was worried about it happening when i called last week, but i don't really know how else to make this work besides giving him a hefty deposit which i don't want to do for a car i haven't seen. i understand why he's still letting people look at it, i'd sell it to the first guy that handed me a check.

webster
08-22-2011, 07:27 AM
i was worried about it happening when i called last week, but i don't really know how else to make this work besides giving him a hefty deposit which i don't want to do for a car i haven't seen. i understand why he's still letting people look at it, i'd sell it to the first guy that handed me a check.

that's the same position i was in. the seller said the first person with a check was getting the car. i knew i had to move fast. test drove it on a thurs, committed to buy after the PPI done on friday, closed the loan monday. i benefitted from the car being local though, no way you can move that fast if the car is out of state...

heron88
08-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Thanks Marcus!

Thought #18 was your last post on this thread in which you mention that you were still attempting to contact the seller; and four posts later, I found that tnord had purchased it. :) Hence the query.

F-350? Hmm...Isn't it slightly bigger than a zhp? :) Just kidding. Good luck!

Oh yeah, I was just trying to contact him for tnord :P and thanks!

tnord
08-22-2011, 01:13 PM
talked to the body shop that did the repair....there was a LOT of work done to this thing. it sounds like it was pretty much cosmetic....but it wasn't nearly as minor as the ad implies.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-22-2011, 01:32 PM
but it wasn't nearly as minor as the ad implies.

It never is.

You going to get it?

tnord
08-22-2011, 01:58 PM
if the PPI checks out, paint looks good, body lines match up, and my magnet actually sticks to the car....yes.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Good luck!

KKSmith
08-22-2011, 05:30 PM
well, I gave up after hearing someone was going to see it on Sat morning. I emailed (again) and called tonight- just to hear that it had been sold with my own ears. Nothing in return.......then I get home to see this- I'm out......it is a gorgeous car and good luck with it. I am sure that the paint and the (re-)build fit is perfect.....my biggest worry with a damaged car - but hope it works out for you. I will continue my quest- and hope to find one less than 8 hours away!

KKSmith
08-22-2011, 05:33 PM
by the way - the new M 1 series car is on Top Gear........can I say it looks pretty good.. here? Appears to perform pretty well also

danewilson77
08-22-2011, 05:40 PM
by the way - the new M 1 series car is on Top Gear........can I say it looks pretty good.. here? Appears to perform pretty well also

We have a thread in off topic car talk dedicated to this beast.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3597-BMW-M-Powered-1M-Coupe-Videos

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3244-MPowered-Performance-1M

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?1898-What-do-you-guys-think-about-the-1-Series-M-Coupe

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

tnord
08-22-2011, 06:00 PM
well, I gave up after hearing someone was going to see it on Sat morning. I emailed (again) and called tonight- just to hear that it had been sold with my own ears. Nothing in return.......then I get home to see this- I'm out......it is a gorgeous car and good luck with it. I am sure that the paint and the (re-)build fit is perfect.....my biggest worry with a damaged car - but hope it works out for you. I will continue my quest- and hope to find one less than 8 hours away!

sold as in to the guy he took it to on Sat night or sold as in to me?

Marcus-SanDiego
08-22-2011, 06:01 PM
What a roller-coaster thread this has been. I wonder who actually owns this now.

tnord
08-22-2011, 06:12 PM
i called, just got VM.

KKSmith
08-22-2011, 06:31 PM
seems to follow me in whatever I do! Seriously, I told him I would be there Friday afternoon - then he said he had to leave for St. Louis around 4pm, and show the car Saturday morning - I bailed at that point because I couldn' get there in time and thinking (if the car was as good as the pics he had sent) that it would be gone on Saturday morning (possibly Tnord - ). whined all weekend, knowing if it wasnt sold at that price, something must be wrong with it....but wanted to hear it from him, so I emailed/called today. The pics showed that the car wasn't perfect but, no cold pkg, not sure about Premium, some wear and some stains, but I really dont have a problem with that due to what I have budgeted for a car. I have time to work and clean - a bit of a project. The colors are what I am looking for-

I haven't heard from him - guess the question is (as Marcus stated) have you heard from him today? believe me I want the car, badly - buttttt, it is a long way from here and I am not going to fly to get it...too ....well, I am an engineer ----- just dont take those kind of risks- it's a friigggggin curse most of the time!

tnord
08-22-2011, 06:55 PM
i haven't heard back from him, but that was only 45min ago.

if it gets sold out from under me i won't be mad about it. i'm still a little iffy on buying a car that's had this much work done, i'd rather not have tan seats, i kinda want the cold weather package, etc.

if he were me, i'd give the car to the first guy that hands me a check.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-22-2011, 07:36 PM
if he were me, i'd give the car to the first guy that hands me a check.

No question. The guy has to do what's best for him. But how crazy is it that at least a few of you guys were in negotiations and thought you were front runners. I'm really curious to see who ends up with this one. Maybe the owner -- if he isn't already a member of ZHPMafia.com -- will end up here.

RVAzhp
08-23-2011, 04:36 AM
that's the interior colors i want :(

tnord
08-23-2011, 05:20 AM
i wasn't just a front runner; we had agreed on a price, i had a PPI scheduled at the nearest BMW dealer, i have my truck and trailer still and was going to meet him this saturday 8am for the exchange. i told him i have cash so there would be no financing complications, and as long as the car was in the condition he was telling me it was in......we'd have ourselves a deal.

i had to be out of town last weekend otherwise i would've gone to pick it up last sat morning, i was worried about this happening....but whatever...there's always another one.

brens323
08-23-2011, 05:52 AM
We looked at this car on the 11th and we were at least the third potential buyer/s to see it. I've been second guessing myself since for not buying it but it would have been my wife's daily driver and we were both leery of the dollar amount shown on the adjuster's estimate. The fact that it appears to have been shown multiple times before it actually sold makes me feel a little better.

brens323
08-23-2011, 07:13 AM
After I posted the above response I got to thinking about how it may come across for those that wanted to purchase this car and were unable to and wanted to apologize if it seemed a little crass, that was not my intention.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Ted, thanks for the follow up. We're a nice bunch here, so I doubt that anyone took your comment negatively. But the follow up is still appreciated.

KKSmith
08-23-2011, 05:22 PM
well, I got an email this morning - He said that sale 1) was pending based on loan and that 2) someone else was supposed to come in and get PPI on Saturday. I take it that Saturday is you, Tnord? Also, Brens323 - is there anything you can "enlighten" us about the car since you have touched it? I would appreciate it- guess I am still in the game, but dont know as much about it as I would like-

tnord
08-23-2011, 05:46 PM
i still haven't heard back from him.....maybe because he's waiting for the one dude to see if he can get a loan. I HAVE CASH!!! :)

yes, i'm the guy with the PPI on saturday.

i talked to the body shop.....this entire car has been repainted. the car hydroplaned off the highway and bailed under one of the cables in the median. i have this written down at work, but from memory....

replaced;
headlights
taillights
RF fender
right side door
one (both?) bumpers
windshield

entire car repainted, i think some trim has been replaced, the hood and roof had been "fixed" but i couldn't get an answer as to what exactly that meant. i asked if this thing was skim-coated in bondo anywhere and he was insulted that i would even ask if they would fix a car in that method. alignment was done. so i dunno.....it might be fine...but i'm certainly a little skeptical.

danewilson77
08-23-2011, 06:50 PM
The PPI should tell the tale. If you have any buddies that paint, or know paint...bring them with you.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

tnord
08-23-2011, 06:53 PM
i used to detail during the summers in college, so i can look for some things.....but thickness, and if the OEM BMW "soft" paint was used i won't be able to see.

KKSmith
08-23-2011, 06:59 PM
well, I have heard the story but wasn't aware that the roof was also involved. I want to believe the car was reconstucted correctly. Also, I got pictures last week that made me think that I would have replace the tires prior to the trip home- here in the south we call them "maypops". No problem, but just another thing. My biggest issue is the colors are exactly what I want -maybe I am looking in the wrong places, but seems hard to find a stock car with 80K less than ~$5K more. I am not going to pursue any further - just rub it in when you get it! As far as the other guy, everyone has problems, but think that if you have to "wait" to get a loan, you may not need to spend that kind of money - thinking you have the car, if you want it on Saturday.

That's it, I'm cutting my hair and getting a Prius - not there is anything wrong with that! not-

tnord
08-24-2011, 05:30 AM
i also want to believe the same.....but i just can't figure this guy out. there just aren't many ways to fix a roof with a dent in it that don't involve filler. you could take the headliner and everything off to get access to the backside and hammer it out.....but that still seems iffy. i also wonder about annoying little rattles from broken clips and things not quite going back together the same.

half the time i ask this guy a question and i just get silence.......not exactly confidence inspiring. he really had no idea what all was done at the body shop....or chose not to tell me. i explicitly asked "is there anything else that needs replacing, maintenance to be done, or anything else i should know about" before making the offer, he said no.....and then i hear from you that the tires will roll up and down my trailer but that's about it.

i can only come to two conclusions.....the guy knows absolutely nothing about cars and doesn't understand the questions i'm asking....or he's hiding something.

has anyone asked if this is a salvage title yet? it was a HUGE repair bill. he still hasn't called me back from monday and i'm about to bail on the whole deal....i need to go get cash from the bank, pick up my trailer from storage, etc....and the more i learn about this car the worse it sounds.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-24-2011, 07:59 AM
i'm about to bail on the whole deal...

That's what I would do. I don't like the sound of this car. At this point, I'd be surprised if it wasn't a branded title.

heron88
08-24-2011, 11:44 AM
I specifically asked him if it was a clean title, he hesitated and then said yes. That said, I'd be weary of this seller/car at this point.

KKSmith
08-24-2011, 01:49 PM
What about the Carfax? Would that not have been stated, along with airbag deployment, etc? I understand the concern- I hope that since the seller is a Captain in some branch of the military, that there is quite a bit of integrity here - along with a certain level of correctness in repairing the car. Believe that he is being deployed again soon, so this may not be as high as priority as we would like-?

Maybe the person from Monday waiting on the loan got it?

tnord
08-24-2011, 04:04 PM
i hear you KK, and i am a bit sympathetic, as my brother-in-law was not-insignificantly wounded in combat and received a purple heart.....but i can only give the guy the benefit of the doubt so many times.

KKSmith
08-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Well, Tnord - I dont know what to tell you. If you are like me, you are a long ways from the car. I can't just jump and go see it- my conversations with the owner have been fine, but it is me talking. I have worked with Mil guys for a very long time- The "bondo" type materials called for concern back in the old days- now, if used correctly and in moderate quantities- not so much. We will never know unless we did the repair ourselves. Again it is the perfect colors for me, but then the two day trip involved- I want it, dont get me wrong - but only have pics to go by. Like Marcus said/alluded to, the possiblity of salvage/Carfax not being correct - tires - roof damage- sport package 330s are not even an option since I saw the ZHP -and then my personal problems- running out of patience - haven't seen anything interesting in a long time (well, since I saw this one) - and my budget- is keeping me interested, very. I found my 928 quicker than this- same colors. Blah, blah, blah- just good luck with whatever you decide-

we are probably just talking about a sold item anyway!

tnord
08-25-2011, 10:23 AM
still haven't heard from the guy...i left a message telling him i'm out. it's all you KK if it's still available.

KKSmith
08-25-2011, 06:03 PM
I'll give it my best shot- emailed just now - we will see....the quest continues

KKSmith
08-25-2011, 06:05 PM
....and good luck to you as well-

brens323
08-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Looks like the ad on Autotrader has been pulled, wondering if anyone on here ended up with this car?

KKSmith
09-02-2011, 05:56 PM
it wasnt me - figure the guy that was getting the loan earlier in week must have gotten approved. I emailed the seller to let me know, but never got a reply. this week has not revealed anything (for what I am willing to spend) except a wht/tan auto 109K in Houston, Tx - good looking car, but not what I am looking for. gotta have 3 pedals-