PDA

View Full Version : After 7 weeks of ownership.

1/2past3ci
08-19-2011, 12:30 PM
The car has new pads and rotors. New oil. New window tint so all 5 windows match. I have a full size ZHP spare now instead of a donut. The front marker lenses were filled in and the front bumper resprayed. I replaced the old worn shift knob. The old tarnished side markers were replaced with ones that are actually clear.I replaced my broken driver side window switch. I replaced the under hood insulation because the old one was dry rotted so bad. And the least favorite thing I've done so far is put a front plate bracket on. I was pulled over a few weeks ago after 5 years of cars with no front plates. Luckily, he just gave me a warning as long as I put a front plate on.
Still to come are Umnitza FX retrofit xenons, I'm still looking for some winter tires. I've got a few ideas for the interior, and I'm going to order some 19s.

---
- Wes
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1/2past3ci
08-19-2011, 12:32 PM

---
- Wes

static667
08-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Looking good thus far. Keep it up.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate using Tapatalk.

CERF04ZHP
08-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Nice dude. How much is the Umnitza kit? I am considering sending my headlights to Lightwerkz for a very similar mod.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

1/2past3ci
08-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Nice dude. How much is the Umnitza kit? I am considering sending my headlights to Lightwerkz for a very similar mod.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

I bought the FX xenons, with Orion angel eyes and all the goodies. Total was 775. They build them when ordered, and I've been waiting a couple weeks now so I expect them any time now.

---
- Wes

danewilson77
08-20-2011, 03:30 AM
I bought the FX xenons, with Orion angel eyes and all the goodies. Total was 775. They build them when ordered, and I've been waiting a couple weeks now so I expect them any time now.

---
- Wes

That sounds like a win. Please writeup a full review on these after install. Thanks Wes.

Lighting is a subject around here where we need to learn all we can. I have Zkw's and need to handle that situation.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

1/2past3ci
08-20-2011, 05:06 AM
That sounds like a win. Please writeup a full review on these after install. Thanks Wes.

Lighting is a subject around here where we need to learn all we can. I have Zkw's and need to handle that situation.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

I will. I'm actually going to be doing a pretty detail before and after, and possibly take some DIY pics too. I'm just surprised how long it's taken to get them. As I mentioned, their built to order, and apparently, the curing process is pretty elaborate.

---
- Wes

echo46
08-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Very nice job, thus far. I've owned mine for about six weeks and did a full cooling system refresh, new spark plugs, new cabin filter, new air filter, icv clean, oil change, rear diff fluid change and tranny fluid change.

CERF04ZHP
08-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Looking forward to it!

WOLFN8TR
08-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Owned mine for 1 month and so far I replaced the leaking oil filter housing gasket, belts, idler pulley, plastic water pump pulley (swapped out to aluminum), LED's in the interior and tinted the front windshield. On the "to-do-list" is Stewart water pump, spark plugs, radiator hoses, expansion tank, oil change and CCV replacement. Waiting for cooler temps out here to take on the project.

danewilson77
08-23-2011, 04:10 AM
Owned mine for 1 month and so far I replaced the leaking oil filter housing bracket, belts, idler pulley, plastic water pump pulley (swapped out to aluminum), LED's in the interior and tinted the front windshield. On the "to-do-list" is Stewart water pump, spark plugs, radiator hoses, expansion tank, oil change and CCV replacement. Waiting for cooler temps out here to take on the project.

You replaced the oil filter housing gasket/o-ring....correct?

Good work.

WOLFN8TR
08-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Oops... Yes the $6 gasket at the base of the bracket. Dealer wanted $938 to replace the "Cracked" housing. It wasn't cracked at all. Liars!

Gary

Katu
08-23-2011, 07:17 AM
I have a full size ZHP spare now instead of a donut.

You're able to fit a ZHP rim in the spare location? An 18x8?

danewilson77
08-23-2011, 07:49 AM
You're able to fit a ZHP rim in the spare location? An 18x8?

Yes...it will fit. 18x8 would be the front.

SureShot434
08-23-2011, 05:28 PM
So how does one go about putting in prohection head lamps instead of my stock lights? O.o

Is it possible and how much would I be looking at??

danewilson77
08-23-2011, 06:53 PM
$300 to $500. Depending on where you get them. Check out Umnitza, then give them a call tomorrow.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT