View Full Version : For Sale: 2005 BMW 330 ZHP Imola Red 6 MT $13,500 108K miles San Diego

das boots
08-23-2011, 06:37 PM
I just saw this pop out this afternoon. I think this showed up here before? I do not know. I need all of your input. Open for your pros & cons. Very close to the place where I work. I did not specify in the title that this is in San Diego. Marcus, could you please edit and add in the title subject line? Or any more pertinant info. Thanks.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/2562277306.html

danewilson77
08-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Done.

GSEN820
08-23-2011, 07:38 PM
The first item that jumped out is the mirrors. My personal taste would not be to put on the black mirrors vs. the painted.

While this was a so/so description of the car. No mention of work that has been done (as far as maintanence).

The rims look as they were recently painted (which is not a bad thing). The trim looked good from the pics (ask to see the handles).

4th picture the rear wheel well seems to have a big dent. You really cant see it in any other pictures.

7th picture the inside looks a little too new. The car has a lot of miles for it too look brand new raises a few red flags for me. The steering wheel is worn, but the rest of the inside is just as good as new.

The shift knob also would get me kind of leary. If this car was truly taken care of "Why in the world would someone put such a cheap shift knob?"

I would ask about the cooling system, belts, fluid flushes, spark plugs,guibo,CABS, etc.. I would also ask the seller when was last inspection II was performed. If you get a weird look or some hesitation. RUN!!!!!!

If you buy from someone who would not hesitate to answer any of these questions you might be in luck.

PPI is needed on this one

das boots
08-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I just saw this car this morning. I talked to the owner and took some photos. He is a teacher so this was a quick walk through. He is the 2nd owner. He states it has a clean title. (Anybody got an open account for a CARFAX?) The car has been maintained or doing the heavy work by a indie shop in Escondido. Owner does the regular fluid (read..oil) changes. Front tires are new. Belts and somethings else was recently replaced. The shift knob was installed by PO. Definitely needs to be replaced and return to a ZHP knob. I did not see any evidence of dents. Maybe due to the tiem constraint???? But I did take a whole lot more photos. Also, the roof rack is not included.

He did state that this came out before in CL. He pulled it out after being bugged by lookie-loose for a look-see. And a lot of low-ballers. He will not budge from $13,500. He is a BMW nut. He knows what he's got. He is in the market for a 5'er. Family getting bigger. Definitely a PPI is required. I am presently trying to line up Shane to do a PPI on this car. I will inform seller when I have all ready and he can make an appointment for a PPI. Unless of course, another buyer buys this with cash on hand without doing a PPI.

I also think for that this is in the right pricing window of bewteen $13.1 and $13.9. Mileage compensated by the year. Correct me if I'm wrong here. And the other is still the color. Can I get into the groove with an Imola Red? And the other is the Alcantara interior. I am more of a leather guy. Will also grow into an Alcantara and the Imola Red? I am old school here...I have never thought of me in a Red car....I am more into Silver (Macho Guy) or White (Clean & Neutral Guy). Red would require maintenance due to the sun. Similar to Black. Oxidation.

Am I just being paranoid????? LOL. Any pick-me-upper will be appreciated.

GSEN820
08-24-2011, 01:22 PM
You are doing the right thing by taking this car to Shane. That is the best thing you can do in buying a BMW.

I have a HELLROT e46 and the color is great (10 years old no oxidation at all). Oxidation can happen on any color as long as you dont neglect the paint you will be good to go.

dent must have been my old eyes but could have been picture.

das boots
08-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Shane is in the move. He is moving his shop a few blocks down the road to Formula Place. No PPI or any workie for a few weeks until they get settled down. I will have to do a PPI with SDPE (Apex). BTW, the ZHP is now at 109K mi. Being used as DD.

das boots
08-25-2011, 06:09 AM
The first item that jumped out is the mirrors. My personal taste would not be to put on the black mirrors vs. the painted.

Pardon the ignorance. I did notice that some ZHPs have painted/color matching mirrors. And this one does not have them. Why? Was it an option? Can they be removed and have them painted? Thanks.

danewilson77
08-25-2011, 06:41 AM
The shells just pop off, and you can have them paint matched by BMW for about $50 a side.

billschusteriv
08-25-2011, 06:52 AM
^ this guy would know. :biggrin

danewilson77
08-25-2011, 07:05 AM
^ this guy would know. :biggrin

Truuuf.

das boots
08-31-2011, 12:43 PM
After setting up for a PPI for the seller, and all he had to do was call for an appointment, he is having second thoughts about the selling price. The reason he states is that he is comparing to a ZHP that is also on sale in Orange County. And it is a 2004. And the asking price is more like $14,000+. Depending on what he is looking at. And he says he will be consulting his wife. I just have a funny feeling that he will be raising his price to match with this.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2564147000.html

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2501713016.html

A follow-up...he just pulled his add from CL. Probably got too greedy. I betcha...he will also re-list in the future at a higher asking price.

das boots
09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
I would like everybody's input on the situation that has arise. Since seller has pulled the ad, he has stated that he is raising the asking price to $14K. The reason is he just did a brake job using all OE parts and putting in two new front tires. He would like to recoup his money on what he did in the past few days. I tried to disuade him that the brakes & tires are all part of maintenance and safety factor and also on his high mileage at 109K and counting. That his selling price was priced right. But he was insisting that he wants his money back and also he was comparing prices with other cars so he will re-list and raise the price. Is $14K still a good pricing? He is ready to do a PPI the moment I agree to his price. Let's hear all what you guys think....Thanks.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I would not pay $14K for that car with 110K miles on.

Sorry. He had to get the car in working order. When I sold my car two months ago I had the brakes replaced before I sold it. I did not raise my price just because I wanted the new owner to pay for my deferred maintenance.

Tell the owner that you're going a different direction if he is holding fast at $14,000.

das boots
09-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Back out and drop this. Good thing I did not have to spend for the PPI. Evidently this ZHP is not meant to be. Will continue to look for others. Thanks for the input. S.O. was also a no-go on this high miles ZHP (although she likes the color). Her 2003 E39 5MT ED 530i has way less miles than this one.

imola red zhp
09-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Back out and drop this. Good thing I did not have to spend for the PPI. Evidently this ZHP is not meant to be. Will continue to look for others. Thanks for the input. S.O. was also a no-go on this high miles ZHP (although she likes the color). Her 2003 E39 5MT ED 530i has way less miles than this one.

I had the same happen to me here in the bay area he listed a 87k ZHP sedan loaded for 12K called him on it never called me back saw re-listed 2 weeks later for 14k I emailed him under different email, got a chance to see it I offered his asking price if it would pass PPI he called me back 3 days later and told he had offer of 14.5K so I told him take the money. I wasn't going to get into bidding war. Car was sweet though. Holding out for my Imola..... Good luck there's one out there for you be patient or you'll regret you decision and not enjoy your ZHP......

das boots
09-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks. I do believe in Karma. If it is meant to be, then it is. If not, then I can wait till the right one comes along.....A lot of people knows that it is a sought after car. So they do a bidding war and jack up the price. Unfortunately, a lot of buyers still pay for the sellers price war. Making it like a EBay.