PDA

View Full Version : Rotors & Pads

BCS_ZHP
08-26-2011, 05:53 PM
There was someone in the NE on here a couple of weeks ago that needed brakes and was trying to figure out a street set and a track set but had limited funds -- does anyone recall that thread? If so, that person gets first dibs on this offer.

I changed the pads on our ZHP at 15K miles, put on ceramic pads to reduce the dust. However, the new pads never settled into the "experienced" rotors, so ended up replacing everything this weekh. Thus, I have the original rotors with 18K miles, the original pads with 15K miles, and a set of Hawk ceramic pads with 3K miles.

Price is free for any local (Wash DC area) or out-of-towners pay the price of shipping.

Let me know if there's any interest.

danewilson77
08-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Ahem....free? Damn.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

danewilson77
08-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Ahem....free? Damn.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

I will take the pads unless someone else wants then, local, or you wanna keep it bundled.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

BCS_ZHP
08-26-2011, 05:59 PM
If you want it Dane, its yours just say something, looking for an excuse for you to drive this touring. Then I'll have to figure out a way to extract you from it, you're going to love it, I do.

BCS_ZHP
08-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Which set of pads, the OEMs or the Hawk ceramics?

danewilson77
08-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Ok...thanks Bruce. Yeah....I wanna drive the touring.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

BCS_ZHP
08-26-2011, 06:09 PM
We'll make this one of the more expensive shipping charges for a set of "used" brake parts -- half a tank of gas to W-burg and back. Actually, that's not that much is it.

danewilson77
08-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Yup...no rush....and i will get your gas, the beer, and whatever else we need to do

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

BCS_ZHP
08-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Actually though it won't be in the touring, I think my wife is taking my son to tour ODU and CNU this week. If so, I can put the boxes in her trunk and she can meet up with you somewhere down that way. Tues or Wed is sticking in my foggy memory, I'll let you know.

danewilson77
08-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Ok Bruce. Sounds good. You and I can meet up another time.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

BCS_ZHP
08-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Yeah, sometimes I tell her I'm going to visit an old friend and I just go off driving for a few hours. So 3-4 hours is about right for a roundtrip to W-burg and a quick beer.

danewilson77
08-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, sometimes I tell her I'm going to visit an old friend and I just go off driving for a few hours. So 3-4 hours is about right for a roundtrip to W-burg and a quick beer.

Werd. Anytime.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

az3579
08-27-2011, 01:47 PM
There was someone in the NE on here a couple of weeks ago that needed brakes and was trying to figure out a street set and a track set but had limited funds -- does anyone recall that thread? If so, that person gets first dibs on this offer.

I changed the pads on our ZHP at 15K miles, put on ceramic pads to reduce the dust. However, the new pads never settled into the "experienced" rotors, so ended up replacing everything this weekh. Thus, I have the original rotors with 18K miles, the original pads with 15K miles, and a set of Hawk ceramic pads with 3K miles.

Price is free for any local (Wash DC area) or out-of-towners pay the price of shipping.

Let me know if there's any interest.

I'm always late to a thread... :shifty

That was my thread. lol

Let me know if Dane doesn't take the ceramic pads... I guess.