PDA

View Full Version : Found ZHP! let me know what you guys think!

Aikidoadam
09-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Ive had a 325is before and many other cars. I love rare cars which is why Im eyeing this one. Clean carfax but no maint. history scares me.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=306393287&dealer_id=50876959&car_year=2004&systime=&doors=&model=&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&body_style=SEDAN&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=100&min_price=&rdm=1315867444289&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywords_display=&sownerid=71417&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=MILWAUKEE&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=8&isFlashPlugin=true&transmission=Manual&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&color=&address=53012&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=17500&make=BMW&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=25&standard=false&captcha=success

Hornung418
09-12-2011, 03:50 PM
As low as that is Maintenance should be a breeze with all the cash you save over List Price. Go for it on price alone.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Welcome.

Looks pretty clean. The owner swapped out the shift knob. Looks like a newer BMW Performance knob.

lilcdkey
09-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Looks real good.

Aikidoadam
09-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the input so far. It does look nice. He said tires are just ok, so probably need new ones. I hate buying cars like this with not knowing what was done
to it. After reading the '100k mile what to do threads' it looks like I need to drop about $800 alone on parts. I could probably do most myself however,as long as there isn't any BMW only tools. Is insurance any different with these?

Oli77
09-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Would probably depend on your age.

I think the price on that one is pretty darn nice for being at a dealer.

Hermes
09-12-2011, 05:14 PM
different in what way? as far as I know if your <25 you prob wanna stick with a 4dr, besides that it all depends on your driving history

Aikidoadam
09-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Well im older than 25 and driving history is very good. Just wasn't sure if it was any different than a regular 330. My only concern is buying it and finding serious problems shortly after purchase. Im also in the process of getting a new bike, which is why i'm concerned about the money issue.

Marcus-SanDiego
09-12-2011, 05:40 PM
As far as your insurer is concerned, there won't be any difference with this and a regular 3 series. However, that could also pose a problem, since you may be underinsured (as these cars fetch a premium as compared to regular 3 series vehicles). Therefore, you will want to make sure you have enough insurance. Call insurer for details on how to handle this.

Aikidoadam
09-12-2011, 05:45 PM
thanks. Once the 100k maintenance is done will this be reliable? I do take very good care of my cars.

SoarinZHP
09-12-2011, 05:47 PM
I bought my ZHP from a local dealer selling comparable inventory as the one you're looking at. Most of the cars being sold look to be higher end, european vehicles. Get a PPI done from a local indy shop. You'll get good information. It needs x,y and z to use as bargaining chips. It's completely screwed up and it's been wrecked so you can walk away. Best case scenario - it's in really good shape and you're getting a screaming deal. Either way, the PPI is money well spent! Good Luck!

static667
09-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the Mafia. It looks fairly clean. Like stated previously, a PPI would be a great idea.

lilcdkey
09-12-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm paying quite a bit for my ZHP's insurance. Then again, I'm only 17 years old and it's a coupe.

Hermes
09-12-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm paying quite a bit for my ZHP's insurance. Then again, I'm only 17 years old and it's a coupe.

that must not be cheap

mimalmo
09-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Welcome

Aikidoadam
09-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the input and welcomes! I'll check it out and see if a dealer can look up any records of it.

danewilson77
09-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Welcome

imola red zhp
09-13-2011, 06:12 AM
Welcome to the Mafia (ZHP) Good luck Searching for the right ZHP.

HokieZHP
09-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Is it just me or does it have a different exhaust on it as well?

BTW- Welcome to the Mafia!

johnrando
09-13-2011, 06:31 AM
Looks nice, welcome to the site. GLWP.

cakM3
09-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Welcome.

Looks pretty clean. The owner swapped out the shift knob. Looks like a newer BMW Performance knob.

Yup, that's what it is Marcus. My ZHP had the same knob but I ended up replacing it for the ZHP knob. I like it better...:biggrin

OP, car looks clean :thumbsup and welcome!

Aesora
09-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Welcome, from one of the fellow younger members! I'm in much the same position you are, I've found one that I don't know much history on but for what it is and how it looks I think I'm going to pull the trigger and buy it.

Best of luck!

cakM3
09-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Welcome, from one of the fellow younger members! I'm in much the same position you are, I've found one that I don't know much history on but for what it is and how it looks I think I'm going to pull the trigger and buy it.

Best of luck!

Nate,

If you don't know much history on this car I would strongly suggest you get a Pre-Purchase Inspection (PPI) done on this car first. Have the car taken to a certified BMW tech/mechanic so that a proper PPI can be performed. You will have to pay for the PPI but imo it's money well-spent. Also, get a carfax report on it, although the carfax is not all conclusive but it will give you a decent idea of the car's history (accident wise).

I would never recommend buying a used car without first getting an idea of it's maintenance history and condition. If you don't do this then you are taking serious chances IMHO.

HokieZHP
09-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Me thinks it has a BMW performance muffler on it as well as an added bonus. Those aren't ZHP tips on it.

Aesora
09-15-2011, 02:15 PM
I agree completely, which is why I've already had another member here go look at the car. It has a clean carfax, and it's been registered in the same city since it was new so I'm hoping the dealership I want to have the ppi done at can share their records with me. Thanks for lookin out for me! I should have been more specific when I said pull the trigger lol.

cakM3
09-15-2011, 03:59 PM
I agree completely, which is why I've already had another member here go look at the car. It has a clean carfax, and it's been registered in the same city since it was new so I'm hoping the dealership I want to have the ppi done at can share their records with me. Thanks for lookin out for me! I should have been more specific when I said pull the trigger lol.

No problem :thumbsup If all works out after the PPI then it's all good. Also look into when the next major inspection will be whether it's an INSP I or INSP II. That will also take more $$$ from your wallet in maintenance. Just a heads up.

Hermes
09-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Are we talking about 1 or 2 cars here. Started with aikidoadam then aesora talked about looking at a car. I'm confused...

Aesora
09-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Are we talking about 1 or 2 cars here. Started with aikidoadam then aesora talked about looking at a car. I'm confused...

Just aikidoadam's now! I was just adding my two cents, not meaning to threadjack!! Some of the knowledge shared I would say can go for both of us but it's his thread and his hopefully new ride! Just relating to his situation :-)

Aikidoadam
09-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Is it a good idea buying one of these with this many miles not knowing how it was taken care of? How reliable will it be as miles go up? I just dont want to keep dumping money in it only to sell it and lose my a$$.