PDA

View Full Version : Car Covers?

HokieZHP
10-02-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm looking into getting a car cover for when it snows here in Blacksburg as my car is always parked outside now and I'd rather not mess with scraping snow/ice off my car every morning. Do any of you use car covers and if so which ones? I'd need something with possibly a small cutout to show my parking pass hanging from the rear-view mirror but I can always fab one to work if such a thing doesn't exist.

danewilson77
10-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Good info here brutha. Apparently the Noah Car Cover is Mafia approved.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?4323-looking-for-a-good-car-cover-FOUND!&highlight=cover

HokieZHP
10-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks Dane. I was also looking at the stormproof cover here as the cover I get will be used during snow/ice conditions http://www.coverking.com/t-customcarcoversp.aspx

nike001
10-02-2011, 07:37 PM
I thought about this as well but... I decided against it because your car won't be completely clean before you put the cover on (as it would after a wash).. So you're essentially putting a cover on a dirty car.. and that dirt transfers to the cover. Then you take the cover off, and you scratch the car.

THEN when your car is clean... the cover is still dirty. So you're then putting a dirty cover on a clean car, which puts the dirt and whatever else BACK on to the car. I'd only use a cover when the car is clean and is being stored for a good amount of time.

HokieZHP
10-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Yeah I was thinking about all of that. It is a pain but I would only use it during snow/sleet/winter so the whole getting a clean car dirty isn't a huge deal since I won't be detailing my car during the winter, just simple washes. I am thinking that it will prevent me having to clear off my entire car every time it snows and instead I can just take the cover off and go with clear windows and wheels and vents etc.

webster
10-02-2011, 08:26 PM
i have a cover, it works perfectly, i use it to protect my not special zhp from weather and bird crap and tree pollen etc etc

i bought mine from the boss. he can educate you more on what model it is. works wonders for me.

static667
10-02-2011, 08:35 PM
I can vouch for Cover King's products. All excellent quality work. I only have their seat covers, but I'm sure their covers are on point as well.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate using Tapatalk.

danewilson77
10-03-2011, 03:21 AM
i have a cover, it works perfectly, i use it to protect my not special zhp from weather and bird crap and tree pollen etc etc

i bought mine from the boss. he can educate you more on what model it is. works wonders for me.

It's a "Noah"

Jon D
10-03-2011, 03:38 AM
Thanks Dane. I was also looking at the stormproof cover here as the cover I get will be used during snow/ice conditions http://www.coverking.com/t-customcarcoversp.aspx

I have one of those, it's different than the other typical covers I've owned in the past. The fabric is sort of like a gortex that sheds water etc. Very light cover and seems to work great. I went with it cause it appears to be the best cover for not degrading in the sun down in SFL. Past covers basically UV degraded in a year or so. We'll see how this one does.

nom3rcy
10-03-2011, 07:59 AM
The car needs to be clean before the cover is put on otherwise you are going to do way more damage than help.

I would invest in a good remote starter - much much better for your car. Plus it will be warm when you get in.

mikeyb74
10-03-2011, 09:33 AM
I've had a Noah car cover that would freeze to the car it was on in the winter months. It's because water actually gets into and under the cover.

danewilson77
10-03-2011, 09:35 AM
I've had a Noah car cover that would freeze to the car it was on in the winter months. It's because water actually gets into and under the cover.

That doesn't sound good. Work for Marcus, because he was in S.D. probably.

nike001
10-03-2011, 11:02 AM
The car needs to be clean before the cover is put on otherwise you are going to do way more damage than help.

I would invest in a good remote starter - much much better for your car. Plus it will be warm when you get in.

This is no good. It is known that just idling the car to warm it up allows moisture to build.. and that can eventually end badly.