PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance.... phase 2

cparker
10-03-2011, 12:16 PM
So I bought this car a few months ago with 95k miles on the clock and it was pretty apparent that the car was in need of quite a bit of maintenance work. Thanks everyone for helping me through all this and saving me big $$$.

Shortly after purchasing the car, I rebuild the vanos assembly, completely rebuilt the suspension, removed the CDV, replaced the fuel filter, cleaned the mass flow sensor, inspected the intake boots, replaced the spark plugs, replaced the fog lamps, replaced the washer fluid pump, replaced the rear rotors, and repaired some of the interior trim. Also I tinted the tail lights, added a ZHP badge, installed a black grill, and installed an iPod adapter.

So now I'm at phase 2. I ordered a complete ECS tuning stage 2 cooling system kit to replace the entire cooling system including belts, I bled the brakes/clutch, I replaced the fluid in the power steering, and replaced fluids in the transmission and differential. I removed the ZHP badge and ordered a lighter tail light tint, plus I also bought H&R sport springs and 18" ASA AR1 wheels which I will install Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position tires. Also I'm scheduled for a DME update in a couple days.

Phase 3 will be in a couple months at which point I want to do a Shark Injector, BMW intake, and a short shifter. I may also possibly do some sound system work.

That oughta do it.

webster
10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
very nice, sounds like you got a good plan. she will be tip top after phase 2, perfect after phase 3.

kayger12
10-03-2011, 04:07 PM
So I bought this car a few months ago with 95k miles on the clock and it was pretty apparent that the car was in need of quite a bit of maintenance work. Thanks everyone for helping me through all this and saving me big $$$.

Shortly after purchasing the car, I rebuild the vanos assembly, completely rebuilt the suspension, removed the CDV, replaced the fuel filter, cleaned the mass flow sensor, inspected the intake boots, replaced the spark plugs, replaced the fog lamps, replaced the washer fluid pump, replaced the rear rotors, and repaired some of the interior trim. Also I tinted the tail lights, added a ZHP badge, installed a black grill, and installed an iPod adapter.

So now I'm at phase 2. I ordered a complete ECS tuning stage 2 cooling system kit to replace the entire cooling system including belts, I bled the brakes/clutch, I replaced the fluid in the power steering, and replaced fluids in the transmission and differential. I removed the ZHP badge and ordered a lighter tail light tint, plus I also bought H&R sport springs and 18" ASA AR1 wheels which I will install Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position tires. Also I'm scheduled for a DME update in a couple days.

Phase 3 will be in a couple months at which point I want to do a Shark Injector, BMW intake, and a short shifter. I may also possibly do some sound system work.

That oughta do it.

Great plan. Nice work. I like where your heads at.

:chuck

SoarinZHP
10-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Where's the like button?

danewilson77
10-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Where's the like button?

:like

There. Just press it.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

cparker
10-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Thanks guys. I'm stoked to get this all done.

telijah
10-04-2011, 06:51 AM
I wish I had the patience to wait until I had a bunch of things to do on my car, rather than just about EVERY weekend doing one thing, next weekend another, and another and so on. Nice work man.

cparker
10-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm headed over now to pick my car up from the local independent shop from getting the DME update. The tech said that the car appears to never have been updated.

cparker
10-05-2011, 05:02 PM
DME update was definitely a win. Better off idle response, smoother idle, slightly snappier, better all around.

And I get home and my new wheels, tail light tint, and springs are here! I'm a little worried that the H&R sport springs won't be much drop on a ZHP but based on what I've read I think I'll be happy with them.

MrMaico
10-06-2011, 09:19 AM
DME update was definitely a win. Better off idle response, smoother idle, slightly snappier, better all around.

And I get home and my new wheels, tail light tint, and springs are here! I'm a little worried that the H&R sport springs won't be much drop on a ZHP but based on what I've read I think I'll be happy with them.

Good to hear! Did it cure your mid-range miss? It did on mine.

cparker
10-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Yep, it sure did. I'm very happy I did it.