PDA

View Full Version : Stock headers and install price

AzkotikBMW
11-01-2011, 09:02 AM
If I wanted to find a pair of stock headers for my ZHP and have them installed by a shop....does anyone know what kind of price I'm looking at for parts/labor? I would be buying the headers from a private party. I saw a few of them for around $200...is that the regular going rate? And how much would labor run me to have them put on?

S85FTW
11-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Why would you want to go back to stock headers? Having problems with your headers? My shop charged me $340 in labor to get my headers put on... kind of a deal considering it ended up taking them 6 hours to do.

Hornung418
11-01-2011, 09:18 AM
He's prepping for sale. Moving on to an M3 :) Good luck with the install.

AzkotikBMW
11-01-2011, 10:28 AM
He's prepping for sale. Moving on to an M3 :) Good luck with the install.

Hehe, Hornung has been paying attention to all my threads! Yes, my interested buyer lives in OH which has strict emissions laws. With my Ebay headers, I doubt he will be able to pass the emissions check(however the car did pass in MD). However he wants ME to pay for the parts/labor, which I am reluctant to do because in WI we have no emissions regulations. So, if somehow the sale fell through, I would be spending money on changing back to stock for absolutely no reason :(