PDA

View Full Version : PDC retrofit?

otisdog
11-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Is it possible to retrofit pdk onto the zhp? Anotherwords, is the rear diffuser section the same as a 330i?

danewilson77
11-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Is it possible to retrofit pdk onto the zhp? Anotherwords, is the rear diffuser section the same as a 330i?

I believe this is doable....

danewilson77
11-17-2011, 11:10 AM
I believe WHITEXI has done this.....

I thought PDK went into bumper strip.

ryankokesh
11-17-2011, 11:14 AM
What's pdk? The beepy thing that tells you before you back into stuff? WhiteXi did that, and then I did exactly what he did. It worked.

danewilson77
11-17-2011, 11:19 AM
What's pdk? The beepy thing that tells you before you back into stuff? WhiteXi did that, and then I did exactly what he did. It worked.

I think he is referring to Park Distance Kontrol.

I though it was PDC....but I'm not splitting hairs, as long as we are all talking about the same thing.

johnrando
11-17-2011, 11:22 AM
The ones I've seen are in the bumper, not the diffuser.

ryankokesh
11-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Oh, yeah, kontrol would be much more germany. I just assumed it was the distance control thing because that was the only thing I knew of whitexi doing :)

otisdog
11-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Okay, my bad...it is PDC. Got my acronyms confused. PDK is a Porsche autotrans.
The sensors for the PDC are in the black "diffuser" part of the bumper. It looks the same as the ZHP.

otisdog
11-17-2011, 12:30 PM
I just read all of whitexi's posts' and didn't find a mention of this...besides, he has a 325, as does Ryan (above), who has also done it. Anybody done it on a ZHP?

ryankokesh
11-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Would this (http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/faqs-diys/no-holes-pdc-electromagnetic-parking-sensors-67360.html) work for you?

johnrando
11-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote from that DIY

"I had a hard time removing my bumper so I opted to place the sensor strip in my lower E46 bumper trim strip. Which incidentally is the same location that the OEM sensor dots are located in". I should add that it's way down toward the bottom of the bumper where our diffuser would normally sit, but clearly this is not something you put on our diffuser.

otisdog
11-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Would this (http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/faqs-diys/no-holes-pdc-electromagnetic-parking-sensors-67360.html) work for you?

My wife's current 330i has PDC, and I'm hoping to transfer it to her ZHP, when I find her one.

otisdog
11-17-2011, 12:58 PM
johnrando, do you have a link?

ryankokesh
11-17-2011, 01:07 PM
It's from delmarco's DIY I posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otisdog
11-17-2011, 01:58 PM
The ones I've seen are in the bumper, not the diffuser.

On 330i's with the sport package, they are in the black "diffuser" area. And I think the diffuser areas are the same between the ZSP and ZHP cars...

Whitexi
11-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Guys from what ive seen pre facelifted sedans such as Delmarco's with oem PDC were located in the lower valence piece. I think tourings and pre facelift coupes also

The facelifted sedans had them located in the upper bumper strip such as where mine are placed in my DIY.

Facelift Coupes and verts had a separate bumper altogether I believe, since they had no bumper moldings like the sedans.

cakM3
11-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Guys from what ive seen pre facelifted sedans such as Delmarco's with oem PDC were located in the lower valence piece. I think tourings and pre facelift coupes also

The facelifted sedans had them located in the upper bumper strip such as where mine are placed in my DIY.

Facelift Coupes and verts had a separate bumper altogether I believe, since they had no bumper moldings like the sedans.

^
correct :thumbsup

Rovert
11-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Park by feel if you need to! Just go really slow! A very light nudge has never created harm unless it was against a girl who doesn't like you. :pimp

I've tapped a friend's car, my sisters car, and been tapped by a taxi...LOL. No damage or scuffs as long as my black plastic moulding is 1st contact. :o LOL

I do notice that parking sensors must help....My dad has never touched while backing up in his 540i with sensors. But when he drives my mom's Chrysler T&C, he's hit the rear (& rear quarter panel) more times than you can count on one hand. hahaha

sna77
11-20-2011, 09:39 AM
If you have Nav, I'd do this instead. :)

http://photos.performanceix.com/viewPhoto.php?PhId=a692c05262cb0374098eaf186ac5532 6

http://www.bigpatsfans.com/navdemo/reverse.jpg

ryankokesh
11-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I like my backup cam more than my beepy thing. Could also my beepy thing sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnrando
11-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Park by feel if you need to! Just go really slow! A very light nudge has never created harm unless it was against a girl who doesn't like you. :pimp

I've tapped a friend's car, my sisters car, and been tapped by a taxi...LOL. No damage or scuffs as long as my black plastic moulding is 1st contact. :o LOL

I do notice that parking sensors must help....My dad has never touched while backing up in his 540i with sensors. But when he drives my mom's Chrysler T&C, he's hit the rear (& rear quarter panel) more times than you can count on one hand. hahaha

You know, I've never understood that, "touching" the other car... I think you can park just fine w/o that. I knew it was a New York thing, but maybe it's in other places too. I've never seen that here in CA, but I guess some people probably do it. People generally are more into their cars here so maybe that's why it's not prevalent.

Rovert
11-21-2011, 08:05 PM
It's just me....I was crossing the lines of physics. Trying to take up space where matter already occupied it. Instead of being able to occupy that space, get pepper sprayed, kicked out by police forces and gov't, my occupy parking came to a gentle halt. I normally can backup and stop within an inch of the rear bumper...I've gotten used to what my brake light reflection is supped to look like from the other object!

Tnhl1989
11-09-2014, 06:59 PM

Yes it is possible. I just finished it. :)

NorCalZman
11-09-2014, 07:06 PM
How hard was it?

Tnhl1989
11-09-2014, 07:09 PM
Wasn't that hard. Just trying to understand how to put everything together was a pain really. I'm bad with reading diagrams and what not. More of a color guessing, previous experience and logic minded thing for me. Everything seemed to work out and I didn't blow a fuse yet.