PDA

View Full Version : The ZHP Mafia: Why this is the best E46 forum on the net

Stu
11-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Not just any E46 forum, but an E46 forum for ZHP drivers and enthusiasts.

There is not one single elitist snob here. There is no GoingNuts of this forum, or people yelling at you for asking a simple question.

...or to buy a Honda.

There aren't people shouting SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH non-stop. There is no purposeful misinformation. Every single person here is helpful and kind.

Most importantly, this place really does feel like family. There's something about everyone in this forum that makes this place feel inviting and comfortable. I haven't pinpointed it yet, but I think it has a lot to do with maturity, kindness, and the amount of helpfulness of everyone. I like hanging around here more than E46Fanatics. It's neat, I feel like ever since the Mafia meet, I've suddenly got a ton of new friends all over the east coast. Everyone is just so friendly.

I kind of feel like I'm a part of a community, something that I haven't really gotten from an online group before. It's nice. What other E46 forum has a secret santa?

So! Here's to the ZHP Mafia, and thanks to everyone for being so effing awesome. Thanks for making it feel like family. :cheers

(No, I haven't been drinking [BUT I SHOULD BE]. I have about 1000000 things due on Monday and Tuesday due to Thanksgiving break, and my weekend is completely shot as a result)

Hermes
11-18-2011, 08:24 PM
:confirmed

yes it is, best forum around

Newjack
11-18-2011, 09:17 PM
I love it here! It's the people that really make this forum better than all the others. :grouphug

imola red zhp
11-18-2011, 09:17 PM
It is a special family with not so special cars, the people here are great and helpful etc.....

Definitely the best.....

:like

Marcus-SanDiego
11-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Stu, this is where everyone knows your name and wants to know your name.

Many of us, after many years of being on other forums, just wanted a different experience. ZHPMafia.com has provided it. It feels like 1999 all over again, when BMW forums were chill places to hang out.

At our forum, we care about each other more than we do the cars. Makes for one heck of a community when you can do that.

Thanks for the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jreyes19
11-18-2011, 10:15 PM
we are a family and this is the mafia
also I looked up the definition of mafia and i returned with this

mafia - A closed group of people in a particular field, having a controlling influence

Thanks guys for making this site what it is today, and will continue to be as time goes on :)

webster
11-19-2011, 07:04 AM
yup, this is a great site. i love being a part of the family. eventually i'll meet a few of you too :)

Rovert
11-19-2011, 10:23 AM
The encouragement that people have on this site is amazing. Whether it be public encouragement or private encouragement, it sure makes for a great setup for the day. If the car has the ZHP package, so do the people's heart here! It's all about the performance.

danewilson77
11-19-2011, 11:19 AM
The encouragement that people have on this site is amazing. Whether it be public encouragement or private encouragement, it sure makes for a great setup for the day. If the car has the ZHP package, so do the people's heart here! It's all about the performance.

You're the best Trevor!!!! Go get em!!!!

jayjay_dee
11-19-2011, 12:39 PM
I used to be a Xoutpost.com fanatic, most members there are "matured" too... but its more like "matured" and family here...

big props to Marcus and mods...

Mike V
11-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Agreed. I don't even have a ZHP anymore but I still like to hang out here and contaminate the forum with my lowly E36s. :)

jayjay, I know what you mean about xoutpost. It's a good forum but it's also very boring over there. Lol. When the X5 does weird things, I search over there but I don't frequent it like I do this one. This forum is informative, friendly and entertaining.

cakM3
11-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I too have to agree that what we have here is special. I have seen more support and understanding here on this forum than anywhere else.

Marcus, you and all the mods here have made this place a very special place. My hats off to all of you for the wonderful work you all have and continue to do :thumbsup

I am amazed every day by our fellow forum members. Being here gives me a sense of "family" as well and I feel deeply privileged to be a part of this very unique and special family.

With that said, I look forward to the next ZHP reunion in May! :biggrin

Newjack
11-19-2011, 05:57 PM
With that said, I look forward to the next ZHP reunion in May! :biggrin

Should be a twice a year type thing. It sucks waiting so long!

jayjay_dee
11-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Should be a twice a year type thing. It sucks waiting so long!

THIS....

I wish we can do it once in spring (May), and another one on Fall (October or November)....

Marcus-SanDiego
11-20-2011, 09:31 AM
The closest thing we had this year was Virginia in June and Vegas in November.

jayjay_dee
11-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Marcus, i remember seeing a thread about Vegas meet, but cant find it again...

danewilson77
11-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Marcus, i remember seeing a thread about Vegas meet, but cant find it again...

Initial thread...

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3347-What-about-Vegas&highlight=vegas

Pic Thread....

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?5480-Casey-and-Mark-in-Las-Vegas-Pictures

Rovert
11-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Group Hug time!

danewilson77
11-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Group Hug time!

:grouphug

Rovert
11-20-2011, 10:03 AM
LOL...Love emoticons!

jayjay_dee
11-20-2011, 01:41 PM
thanks for the links DW...

danewilson77
11-20-2011, 01:43 PM
thanks for the links DW...

It's what I dhu...

Ryans323i
11-21-2011, 10:38 AM
It took me along time to think about what to say here. I know the ZHP Mafia is the best forum, but I really had to think how to relate and express this knowledge and my emotions about this place and it's people.

However, maybe that's just it, it's the emotions that the Mafia invokes. The Mafia, being made up of an amazing group of people, conjures every warm fuzzy feeling in the book! Happiness, bliss, fulfillment, zing, comfort, pleasure, satisfaction, coziness, contentment, gratification, exhilaration, closeness, excitement, affinity, desire, enlightenment, admiration, enthusiasm, zeal, relief, enthrallment, pride, curiosity, interest and wonder. From our 1k+ posters, to our >50 posters, everyone brings a welcomed aspect to the table. It's our emotions for the cars, and each other, that gives us this flood of happy feelings and something we like to call family.

I truly care for each and everyone one of you. :grouphug

danewilson77
11-21-2011, 11:00 AM
^You complete me....

On a serious note....I completely agree. Very well said.

Mtnman
11-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Wow. Remind me never to play scrabble with Ryan. She has a hell of a grasp of the English vernacular.

And +1.....I like this place!

Rovert
11-21-2011, 12:25 PM
I feel warm and fuzzy being around all you guys!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_-ZFfTVcTd0/TrLy_QFel6I/AAAAAAAAAXs/76QfOwZ5i1c/s1600/WarmFuzzies.jpg

The most excellent thing is most of us here present to one another just as we would if we were face to face at a meet. There's no bad mouthing behind a monitor with nothing to back that up in real life. It's real here!!

Marcus-SanDiego
11-21-2011, 01:21 PM
The most excellent thing is most of us here present to one another just as we would if we were face to face at a meet. There's no bad mouthing behind a monitor with nothing to back that up in real life. It's real here!!

That's always been my goal. There are some members who used to act like dumbasses here on the forum -- but would not act that way in public. Those people are no longer here, either.

Rovert
11-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Nice going Boss! :) Don't P-off the Mafia Father...or else.....

johnrando
11-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Agree. LOL at the warm fuzzies, just need to put them near a fireplace. :) It all starts with tone the mods set right from the start, so here's to you in making this (EDIT: knowing Marcus, I'll change that to "setting this up to be") a great place.

JKO_ZHP
11-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Re-bump. This.
My first posting was an intro in the new members section and I said how I had asked the E46Fanatics admins to delete my account. It's such a waste of time to ask for help there and if you even do get lucky enough to have someone to give a semi-serious reply, you still have to question if its a legitimate solution/tip or a noob giving speculation in the form of a solid fix.
Even E46Mango, always gives advice, but can never take some himself.
I'm never going back there. Even the MFEST forums aren't like here.

Ryans323i
11-09-2012, 10:16 AM
It took me along time to think about what to say here. I know the ZHP Mafia is the best forum, but I really had to think how to relate and express this knowledge and my emotions about this place and it's people.

However, maybe that's just it, it's the emotions that the Mafia invokes. The Mafia, being made up of an amazing group of people, conjures every warm fuzzy feeling in the book! Happiness, bliss, fulfillment, zing, comfort, pleasure, satisfaction, coziness, contentment, gratification, exhilaration, closeness, excitement, affinity, desire, enlightenment, admiration, enthusiasm, zeal, relief, enthrallment, pride, curiosity, interest and wonder. From our 1k+ posters, to our <50 posters, everyone brings a welcomed aspect to the table. It's our emotions for the cars, and each other, that gives us this flood of happy feelings and something we like to call family.

I truly care for each and everyone one of you. :grouphug

I still feel this way. Even after meeting some of you goofballs face to face. :biggrin

JKO_ZHP
11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Unless everyone makes a trip down to SoCal or I graduate, find a job, make some cash and buy a new car and fly over to the east coast, I probably won't ever get to meet any mafia members :| I'm only stuck with the noobs of E46Fanatics. Seriously, they're all over where I live.

das boots
11-09-2012, 10:59 AM
You'd be surprise on how many Mafia paisans are from SoCal and SoLoCal.

BimmerWill
11-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Although I do not own a "not special" zhp everyone here has been a huge help with various issues I have run into with the vehicle as well as some personal problems i've had. I've never felt more comfortable coming forward and asking a question or seeking advice from any other forum as I do here. I highly appreciate being granted the privilege to be a part of this family and hope that I've been at least somewhat beneficial to others as they have for me. I check back here at least four or five times on a daily basis just to see what's going on because I know how much of a help various members have been when I have a pressing question and have always received a prompt and helpful response. So I feel its only doing my part to simply strive to be helpful in the same manner. Many thanks to Marcus, the mods, and all the family members who make this forum many steps above the rest.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

JKO_ZHP
11-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Although I do not own a "not special" zhp everyone here has been a huge help with various issues I have run into with the vehicle as well as some personal problems i've had. I've never felt more comfortable coming forward and asking a question or seeking advice from any other forum as I do here. I highly appreciate being granted the privilege to be a part of this family and hope that I've been at least somewhat beneficial to others as they have for me. I check back here at least four or five times on a daily basis just to see what's going on because I know how much of a help various members have been when I have a pressing question and have always received a prompt and helpful response. So I feel its only doing my part to simply strive to be helpful in the same manner. Many thanks to Marcus, the mods, and all the family members who make this forum many steps above the rest.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Will, there's been something that I've wanted to tell you for the longest time.

.....your sig pic is super stretched out....idk if you know that....

BimmerWill
11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Will, there's been something that I've wanted to tell you for the longest time.

.....your sig pic is super stretched out....idk if you know that....

I don't know how to fix it :(

NorCalZman
11-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Unless everyone makes a trip down to SoCal or I graduate, find a job, make some cash and buy a new car and fly over to the east coast, I probably won't ever get to meet any mafia members :| I'm only stuck with the noobs of E46Fanatics. Seriously, they're all over where I live.

Im trying to move from San Francisco to Los Angeles currently so hopefully soon there will be another Mafia member in SoCal! I am looking forward to exploring the BMW/car scene down there.

and yes this forum is a breath of fresh air after my years with the 300ZX Z31 forums and a short stint on e46fanatics (though the amount of info there is amazing) before someone here rescued me from the abyss.

JKO_ZHP
11-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I don't know how to fix it :(

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2nu14z4.jpg
Fixed. :thumbsup

Im trying to move from San Francisco to Los Angeles currently so hopefully soon there will be another Mafia member in SoCal! I am looking forward to exploring the BMW/car scene down there.

and yes this forum is a breath of fresh air after my years with the 300ZX Z31 forums and a short stint on e46fanatics (though the amount of info there is amazing) before someone here rescued me from the abyss.

There's a few, just scattered. I consider any drive past 20 miles to be too far (I'm lazy).
There's a lot more MFEST guys around the area than there are from any other forum.

PHZ
11-09-2012, 01:33 PM
what part of LA?

NorCalZman
11-09-2012, 01:36 PM
what part of LA?

If you mean me: My other half works at UCLA. It depends on where I end up working down there (I am looking now). Goal is to be somewhere in between our respective jobs.

JKO_ZHP
11-09-2012, 01:48 PM
If you mean me: My other half works at UCLA. It depends on where I end up working down there (I am looking now). Goal is to be somewhere in between our respective jobs.

I love Westwood, every time I go, I have to stuff myself with some Diddy Riese before heading back :thumbsup

NorCalZman
11-09-2012, 02:07 PM
I love Westwood, every time I go, I have to stuff myself with some Diddy Riese before heading back :thumbsup

Yeah Westwood is really nice. I will probably be working in downtown LA area so we will find something between the two. Hahah, I had diddy riese for the first time a month or so ago. I was like "two giant fresh baked cookies with ice cream in between for like less than two dollars? no way!" and promptly stuffed myself.

johnrando
11-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Let us know when you get here!

PHZ
11-09-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm a UCLA alum. Many poor grad student dinners at Diddy Reece.

I smell ZHP meetup?