PDA

View Full Version : Raleigh NC service deal - Import Motor Werkz - 15% off all service, 20% off VANOS, free total checkover

Stu
11-21-2011, 08:15 AM
From now until the end of 2011, Import Motor Werkz is offering 15% off all service up to $150, and 20% off VANOS (replaced with Teflon seals from Beisan Systems) as well as a free comprehensive check over.

If you need to do a simple oil change and a solid checkover but don't have the ramps, lifts, or equipment, this is the place to get it done for a good chunk of change off.

llll1l1ll
11-21-2011, 08:18 AM
So are they saying they are offering 20% off an already rebuilt VANOS system or 20% off the bill for them to do it for me?

I just want to know since I'm headed back to Raleigh for the holidays, and it would be nice to get this knocked out on the cheap.

Edit: Nevermind! I Googled it.

Stu
11-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Lemme know how much the cost is to have them do it. If it's under or around $200 for some crazy insane reason, I'm totally having them do it.

danewilson77
11-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Lemme know how much the cost is to have them do it. If it's under or around $200 for some crazy insane reason, I'm totally having them do it.

Never happen....as the parts are $180.....$120 minimum without the rattle kit.

llll1l1ll
11-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Got the response from the lead service writer:

Peter, Good Afternoon and thank you for your E-mail. The Dual Vanos Seals upgrade would include the Dual Vanos Seals, Dual Vanos Anti-Rattle Rings, Valve Cover Gasket, Upper Timing Cover Gasket and fifteen Valve Cover Seal Washers. The cost would be $600.00 (pre-discount) and the Spark Plugs replaced at no additional labor would be $77.76 and we would use the NGK 3199 Plugs. Please let us know if you have any questions and if you would like to set up an appointment to have us perform the work for you.

Michael and the Import Motor Werks Team

Best Regards,

Michael Doherty
ASE Certified Service Writer

Tel: 919-439-3321
Fax: 866-678-5619
Email: michael@IMWnc.com

So, with 20% off, based on my calculations, that would be about 570 something. It's pretty reasonable. I'm tempted as I need to get this all done as my VCG is leaking. However, I'm just afraid to perform all this work in my apartment parking lot since working on cars is forbidden in the parking lot.

But seriously, who would find me? What are they gonna say? "Hey, stop working on it!" I'd just tell them it's cool lemme just put it all back together.

danewilson77
11-21-2011, 10:21 AM
But seriously, who would find me? What are they gonna say? "Hey, stop working on it!" I'd just tell them it's cool lemme just put it all back together.

Zactly........dhu eet and ask for forgiveness later...or find a buddy with a shop.

Drive down here and we'll dhu eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Hornung418
11-21-2011, 11:40 AM
It's much cheaper to do it at Dane's. However, this is a stunning deal for anyone outside of the enthusiast realm to take advantage of.