PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with a Valentine One, there is an upgrade available now

Hermes
12-01-2011, 06:29 PM
apparently there is an upgrade, click HERE (https://store.valentine1.com/Upgrades/) to check if it applies to you

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388480_2689899043467_1136202924_3028974_1823113827 _n.jpg

I don't have one, it was posted on fb and I thought I should share

Jon D
12-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Cool thanks

Hermes
12-01-2011, 07:09 PM
You got it Jon!

das boots
12-01-2011, 07:37 PM
JP, Thanks. Will call them tomorrow.

cakM3
12-01-2011, 07:41 PM
JP great news....thanks for sharing! :thumbsup

M0nk3y
12-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Interesting. Wonder what it does. My guess is that it will communicate with other V1 devices to warn drivers of threats ahead

Hermes
12-01-2011, 08:37 PM
you got it guys, just write down your serial# and click the link. it should tell you what upgrades are available for your specific model. there are supposedly more than just the one in the picture

edlvrt
12-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I purchased mine 3 months ago (wish I had waited) and the only update it shows is for the ESP. I am curious how effective having radar detectors communicate with each other truly is, and if there are enough users out there to provide any meaningful coverage. Knowing that there is a Ka or Laser 3 miles ahead ahead is good info. Relaying every motion sensor, not so much, but I imagine there will be some user adjustable settings. I'll wait to read someone's first hand experience before sending mine away with a handful of Jacksons.

cakM3
12-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I purchased mine 3 months ago (wish I had waited) and the only update it shows is for the ESP. I am curious how effective having radar detectors communicate with each other truly is, and if there are enough users out there to provide any meaningful coverage. Knowing that there is a Ka or Laser 3 miles ahead ahead is good info. Relaying every motion sensor, not so much, but I imagine there will be some user adjustable settings. I'll wait to read someone's first hand experience before sending mine away with a handful of Jacksons.

If this is an actual upgrade... having V1s communicate with other V1s... the only thing is that it will have to be others who have the same upgrade otherwise this won't work... too many variables but it's worth checking to see what upgrades are there as well as cost for the upgrade. :thumbsup

I've had my V1 for over a year now so I won't be surprised to find out if mine is elegible for an upgrade...:) At least I can send mine in for the upgrade and use my Bel Sti Driver in the mean time...

johnrando
12-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks for looking out for us JP!

M0nk3y
12-02-2011, 07:45 AM
If this is an actual upgrade... having V1s communicate with other V1s... the only thing is that it will have to be others who have the same upgrade otherwise this won't work... too many variables but it's worth checking to see what upgrades are there as well as cost for the upgrade. :thumbsup

I've had my V1 for over a year now so I won't be surprised to find out if mine is elegible for an upgrade...:) At least I can send mine in for the upgrade and use my Bel Sti Driver in the mean time...

Ill take your driver if you don't want it :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

MsRN
12-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Wow! I looked on the site on 11/30, and there was nothing about this feature! Too cool!

johnrando
12-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Just checked, mine would be $189. For that price, I'll wait until the ESP details are announced. So far, L.A. is not listed in the cities that they have traffic speed info for so I'll also wait for that.

cakM3
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Ill take your driver if you don't want it :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

The ZHP runs with the STi Driver full time and if I send in the V1 for an upgrade, the ///M will be running it temporarily...:)

Thanks for your offer to use mine though...:biggrin

das boots
12-02-2011, 10:10 AM
I am interested with the upgrades for the Frequency Tuning & Trafiic Monitor Filter. However, ESP is not my cup 'o tea. Call me old-school..which I am. And with this 2-way comm still to be implemented, paying $189 + ship is not cost effective. All I want is drive and have that early detection. This is going way off from V1's original theme and profile. Just my $.02 worth...

johnrando
12-02-2011, 10:12 AM
I am interested with the upgrades for the Frequency Tuning & Trafiic Monitor Filter. However, ESP is not my cup 'o tea. Call me old-school..which I am. And with this 2-way comm still to be implemented, paying $189 + ship is not cost effective. All I want is drive and have that early detection. This is going way off from V1's original theme and profile. Just my $.02 worth...

That traffic monitor filter is nice, was tired of hearing the V1 go off on the I-15 to Vegas.

EDIT: Got an update on the cities they cover (of which L.A. County is not included). Here's why:

Currently, we do not have any of our sensors operating in LA County. We are
actively engaged with MTA to try and get approvals to install and support
their 511 traveler information system. They recognize that over 60% of the
Caltrans loop speed detectors in LA are inoperative and reliance on no data
diminishes the value of the traveler info. We do cover the entire road
system for Ventura County and up the 101N to Goleta. You can access this
data by visiting www.go511.com. Also, we cover over 750 miles for the entire
SFO Bay AREA and this data can be accessed via www.511.org.

Our system detects vehicle speeds to 0.1mph every 30 seconds and provides an
average speed ever minute. We continue to believe that the LA Basin data
infrastructure could be improved dramatically and are working to find ways
to support MTA in their goals.

das boots
12-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Does that mean San Diego County is included with the LA basin?

johnrando
12-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Sandy Eggo is also not included in the list of cities currently supported.

danewilson77
12-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Sandy Eggo is also not included in the list of cities currently supported.

Derty Waffle too?

Will
03-11-2020, 04:10 PM
Gen2 announced:

https://www.valentine1.com

Road and Track article with interview of the founder, Mike (https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a31348331/valentine-one-gen2-new-radar-detector/)

https://www.valentine1.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/V1Gen2BeautySized_2.jpg

johnrando
03-11-2020, 07:32 PM
Thx for update

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk