PDA

View Full Version : Battery cover :( can't get it off. QUICK advice pls :)

Washburn
12-03-2011, 12:55 PM
So i can't get the cover off after removing the 2 plastic screws - seems something is holding it on the middle right edge where the cover meets the inner fender - i can sort of lift it from the now loose (left) side, but can't take it off !!! WTH ? is there some other screw or something that I need to take off ?? the right side is somehow 'fixed' at the edge where it meets the inner fender !!!!

Meric
12-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Germans... They always make things complicated. :P I have never tried to take it off. Hope someone can help you.

danewilson77
12-03-2011, 01:16 PM
It should actually be just pushed under the liner there. Just pull it out.

Lift up the carpet and pad on the driver side of it.....

kayger12
12-03-2011, 01:16 PM
If you're talking about the plastic tray, just pull out on the trunk lining a little and pull up the left side of the tray and it should kind of pivot out of there.

It takes a little force and finesse.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

jeff57ax
12-03-2011, 01:22 PM
I keep the tray off during autocross season, since the battery tie-down needs to be checked at each event's inspection. I remeber the first time I removed it, I thought for sure I was going to break it, so maybe if you think you are going to break it - you ARE doing it the right way!

danewilson77
12-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Hehe.....it's a PITA for what it is. I never put it back the way it's supposed to be put back. I just slide the inner feet under the carpet, and press the outer (passenger side) up against the carpet. Done...

Washburn
12-03-2011, 02:28 PM
I figured it out eventually - thanks guys!

This was the cause of this thread - please check this one out:
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?5656-A-little-scare...-%28-but-ok-for-now-what-s-this&p=130365#post130365ut: