Price: $16,900
Mileage: 75k
Transmission type: 6MT
Body Type (coupe or sedan): coupe
Color: TiAg - Titanium silver
Packages: dunno...
Title status (salvage? lien holders?): clear

Pics and dealer page:

http://www.eurostarautos.com/vehicle/used-2005-bmw-330ci-sport-m3-appearance-pkg-844173.cfml#ar_top

This is for sale at an indy dealer. I've been looking at it over the past couple of weeks but have decided to go for another car for the time being. I saw and drove the car a couple of times, and had it looked over by another mechanic. Here's the rundown:

Car is in good shape. Black leather, black cube, leather wheel. Heated seats, no ZCW I don't think. Everything works - exterior/interior lights, moonroof, stereo (has the harmon kardon), etc. Window/moonroof all roll smooth. Interior had some serious trim scratches but I saw before & after detail work and the inside looks pretty damn good now.

Mechanically, I first saw the car right from the PO. Had a steering wobble. They said they replaced the (right?) CAB and tie rod arm bushing. There's no wobble anymore, car feels solid. My PPI guy said it drove well and he detected no potential bushing woes.

VCG has a very slight leak. Did a VANOS rattle test, didn't hear anything at 2-3k.

Bumper got worked over at the dealer, had some scratches and such. Looks pretty good. It was missing the clips that attach the bottom of the bumper under the car, they said they got replaced but I have not seen it since. Was also missing some splash guard underneath on the pass side. No idea if they replaced it, I kinda doubt it. You can see in the pic the pass side bumper doesn't align quite right with the fender.

Other stuff in no particular order... has AL headlights, got 2 new tires + an alignment, new thermostat, my PPI guy found some steering related codes that we cleared and didn't come back since they fixed the bushings. Bumper has some scuffy lookin marks on the hood you have to see in person, that look like where a bra would have been. Did not buff out. Climate system worked well.

I decided to go after another car that I felt was a bit more of a deal, but this one is pretty solid and after I scrutineered it a bit and they fixed some things I don't think there are any issues.

Oh yeah... the dealer doesn't really know what a ZHP is. He kept calling it the M appearance package and I just went along with it. He doesn't know about the engine differences and all that ;)

* note that the pics on the site were from before the dealer did any work or detailing

Swendog
12-18-2011, 09:57 PM
I am looking for a clean, low mileage ZHP. I like the fact that it DOES NOT have the Alacantra trim- this will be my DD and from everything I've seen, the Alacantra gets pretty beat up after a while. Their asking price is $16,990. What would you have paid for it? I am thinking $16,000 tops.

Swen

gammagoblin
12-19-2011, 08:33 AM
The car was in good shape. It's worth 16, but not really any more (imo). If you can get it in the 15's it would be a good deal for the area I think. After my scrutiny they seemed to get all the imperfections... it's a nice one. Needs a VCG though.

webster
12-19-2011, 03:06 PM
those brakes look super rusted...

Newjack
12-19-2011, 03:11 PM
I think it's 1K overpriced but I guess that's expected from a dealer. I wonder if they know it is a zhp. Says the car is FWD and it only has 225hp.

Good looking car minus the seat here by the buttons.

http://images.iimanager.com/vdata/eurostarautos_com/844173_x640_26.jpg