PDA

View Full Version : Central Cal ZHP Owner

Waylon147
12-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Gents & Ladies,
Newish to the forum. Love the insight into all of the many topics of conversation surrounding the celebration and preservation of this beautiful little piece of BMW history that we call ZHP. Just FYI, I picked up a low mileage (21K) 06 ZHP in Seattle this past weekend and drove it down to where I live in Central California. I am looking forward to learning more about this car as a result of all of your collective knowledge. Here's to your health, Here's to your cars, and Happy Holidays to all!
Cheers,
Neil

Marcus-SanDiego
12-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Neil, welcome to the forum.

kayger12
12-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Family.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

echo46
12-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Damn Neil, that's low miliage, good luck with her. Great car. Is that Black or Orient Blue?

Johnmadd
12-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Welcome, nice ride.

Waylon147
12-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome(s). The paint is Monaco Blue Metallic. In low light conditions it absorbs all light and appears black, but in the sun it sparkles a deep dark blue. It's not the color I wanted, but the low miles and the great condition of the ZHP pulled me in. I can now say that after the 14 hour drive home, I was in love with the color. Funny how that happens.

danewilson77
12-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Welcome.

Hermes
12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Welcome Neil

johnrando
12-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Welcome. What a great pickup, especially with those low miles. I see it has the trunk lip too, nice.

edlvrt
12-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Monaco Blue was at the top of my list when I was searching. Beautiful car. Welcome!

SoarinZHP
12-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Very nice scoop. Welcome.

imola red zhp
12-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Welcome
Neil
sent from Dennis' Droid using tapatalk

trancenation
12-14-2011, 08:35 PM
welcome to the forum! 21k miles is amazing! Glad to see another california member on here.

mr hish
12-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Welcome to the family.

GMATT
12-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Welcome..Tight car and color....best of luck with it!

jayjay_dee
12-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Welcome to the family Neil...

Ryans323i
12-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Welcome aboard. Beautiful ZHP! Happy Holidays to you too. :)

webster
12-15-2011, 10:44 AM
welcome and congrats on the purchase. beautiful car. looks absolutely mint.

let's hear some specs! 6mt/auto, silver/black cube, alcantara/leather, etc.? any mods planned?

Waylon147
12-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Webster, thanks for the note. beautiful ride. love that color! as far as mine goes, it's got auto, black cube, leather, nav, and a six disc changer. i just tinted the windows, because it gets HOT in central cali, and to my eye it pretty much looked naked without it. i need tires soon and am looking at hankook v12's. the original tires (can't remember the brand) follow every crack, bump, and imperfection in the road. does anyone else have that problem? my last E46 was as solid as a rock, regardless of the road surface. one of the fan belt pulleys needs to be replaced. when you first start "blue" when it's cold one of the pulleys sounds like someone is shaking a metal can with a dozen nickels inside. after three or four minutes it warms up and the sound goes away. it's hard to believe that with only 22k it needs anything, but the pulley problem could possibly be an effect of not being driven enough in it's first five years? as far as future mods, i have no clue, but i'll be closely reading the mafia to figure that out. suggestions/recommendations are welcome !!!
Neil

static667
12-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the Mafia! That blue is even hotter on your coupe.

This post brought to you by the miracle of modern technology and Tapatalk.

johnrando
12-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Webster, thanks for the note. beautiful ride. love that color! as far as mine goes, it's got auto, black cube, leather, nav, and a six disc changer. i just tinted the windows, because it gets HOT in central cali, and to my eye it pretty much looked naked without it. i need tires soon and am looking at hankook v12's. the original tires (can't remember the brand) follow every crack, bump, and imperfection in the road. does anyone else have that problem? my last E46 was as solid as a rock, regardless of the road surface. one of the fan belt pulleys needs to be replaced. when you first start "blue" when it's cold one of the pulleys sounds like someone is shaking a metal can with a dozen nickels inside. after three or four minutes it warms up and the sound goes away. it's hard to believe that with only 22k it needs anything, but the pulley problem could possibly be an effect of not being driven enough in it's first five years? as far as future mods, i have no clue, but i'll be closely reading the mafia to figure that out. suggestions/recommendations are welcome !!!
Neil

Good set of specs. "Tramlining" is very common depending on tires I've found with these cars.

Waylon147
12-16-2011, 04:27 PM
That's very cool. I actually learned a new word today. Always knew what tramlining was, but didn't know there was a word for it. My wife's mini is worse than my ZHP, but that's to be expected for a short wheelbase car with runflats. Any idea how the Hankooks do on the ZHP's?

johnrando
12-16-2011, 04:58 PM
That's very cool. I actually learned a new word today. Always knew what tramlining was, but didn't know there was a word for it. My wife's mini is worse than my ZHP, but that's to be expected for a short wheelbase car with runflats. Any idea how the Hankooks do on the ZHP's?

Think there's a discussion about those in the tire thread. IIRC, they were viewed positively, but you might want to check it out, as I could have the brand wrong. No personal experience with those.

mimalmo
12-19-2011, 08:50 PM
welcome

Smolck
12-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Wow, 21k miles is almost NEW! Congrats!

05ZHPCPE
12-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Wow! Nice find and welcome. That's a sweet x-mas gift.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

webster
12-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Any idea how the Hankooks do on the ZHP's?

i'm running the V12's and absolutely love them. when i bought the car they had the michelin pilot sports that were noisy and harsh. the hankooks are much smoother, quieter and are perfectly grippy, esp in the wet. the sidewalls are softer than some other performance tires but the tradeoff benefits are worth it. do some research, they are very highly rated. great bang for the buck. i bought mine based largely off feedback posted on this very site.