PDA

View Full Version : Help me spend $100

goofiefoot
12-16-2011, 06:32 AM
I needed a new battery for the Ford a few weeks ago and found a promotion through Advance Auto Parts in which I ordered it online, picked up in the store, saved 20% immediately, then was promised a coupon for $50 off my next online order of $100. So basically, if I spend $100, I get half off.

So...

I'm coming up on 60k miles on the ZHP, but I realize most of of the replacement parts (cooling system, spark plugs, etc) would best be bought through more BMW-centered entities. I don't really want to spend much more than $100, so I'm open to suggestions!

Fire away!

Marcus-SanDiego
12-16-2011, 06:47 AM
And just a reminder to everyone that Advance Auto Parts is an affiliate advertiser of ours. You can order online and then pick up parts in store. I've done it. It's easy.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?229-List-of-Affiliate-Advertisers-at-ZHP-Mafia

danewilson77
12-16-2011, 07:16 AM
I needed a new battery for the Ford a few weeks ago and found a promotion through Advance Auto Parts in which I ordered it online, picked up in the store, saved 20% immediately, then was promised a coupon for $50 off my next online order of $100. So basically, if I spend $100, I get half off.

So...

I'm coming up on 60k miles on the ZHP, but I realize most of of the replacement parts (cooling system, spark plugs, etc) would best be bought through more BMW-centered entities. I don't really want to spend much more than $100, so I'm open to suggestions!

Fire away!

IDK....I would prolly do fluids and belts If I knew I was only going to spend $100, and that was going to have to last me. Maybe even do TB flush on PS.

Brakes, suspension, vanos, and cooling system should last a bit more honestly....but...anything can happen.

edlvrt
12-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Cleaning supplies, shop rags, degreasers, motor oil (if they stock what you use), tools, Torx and Allen head sockets, belts...

goofiefoot
12-16-2011, 08:43 AM
And just a reminder to everyone that Advance Auto Parts is an affiliate advertiser of ours. You can order online and then pick up parts in store. I've done it. It's easy.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?229-List-of-Affiliate-Advertisers-at-ZHP-Mafia

Oops. Didn't remember this when I bought the battery. Will definitely use the link next time.

IDK....I would prolly do fluids and belts If I knew I was only going to spend $100, and that was going to have to last me. Maybe even do TB flush on PS.

Brakes, suspension, vanos, and cooling system should last a bit more honestly....but...anything can happen.

Are you saying that I could get quality replacement parts for this car from Advance to do the cooling system, brakes, etc? Honestly, I was thinking "fun" stuff to blow $100 on, but I'd be curious to see what real parts would be recommended.

Thanks!

danewilson77
12-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Yes....you can get real parts there. One coil pack in my car is from Autozone or Advance...

zj96sc
12-16-2011, 10:32 AM
I'd spend that 100 on shop supplies. I could knock through $100 in shop rags, brake cleaner, degreaser, brushes, oil drain pan/storage jug, etc pretty quick. As far as component fluids and hard parts, I tend to buy my F-250 stuff at vato/advance/etc but for the BMW I stick to higher tier parts.

llll1l1ll
12-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Screw all that useful stuff you can buy. You should buy a bunch of random snacks and other nick-nacks you can find at Advance.

pleasecorrupt
12-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Screw all that useful stuff you can buy. You should buy a bunch of random snacks and other nick-nacks you can find at Advance.

i like the way you think. +1

webster
12-17-2011, 10:28 PM
ahh...if you're at advance, just stock up on fluids.

Hermes
12-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Starting off I would buy some of the funky tools you might need: torx set, torque wrench under 10lb/ft, etc...

Then I would buy anti-seize, stoner invisible glass, simple green, shop rags, lug nut cleaning brush, turtle wax tire wet shine, carb cleaner/brake cleaner...

^Just what I would buy, I would get fluids (motor oil, coolant, tranny oil) from other places

midlandtech
12-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Decals and fake chrome pieces... Look cool and add horsepower at the same time.... Or just fluids and shop stuff

~Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk