PDA

View Full Version : IPhone 4s with dice ?

Whitexi
01-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Anyone have the new dice duo I think it's called with a 4s? I want to know if it's usable with the 4s because the 4 works but won't charge on my silverline pro but the 4s won't even pair up and play with it so if I upgraded I wana make sure it charges and plays.

ryankokesh
01-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Do you have an iPad you could test it with? I think if that works, the 4s would also work. Can anyone confirm that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitexi
01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I had my friends Iphone 4 and it plays music etc but won't charge. I hooked my 4s up to it when I got it and was hyped until I quickly found out it won't play music or charge. I called DICE and they said the 4s isn't supported and said I need the new DICE DUO part number BMW100. I was wondering if anyone could confirm this though before I was to get one if I wanted.

iZHP
01-09-2012, 05:15 PM
hmm...I don't see why it would be any different. It might give you the typical "Accessory Not Supported would you like to turn Airplane Mode on to eliminate interference" message, that's why they don't call it "supported"; but it still works.

Whitexi
01-09-2012, 05:49 PM
I never turned on airplane mode to try I just know it says not supported with the 4 but then plays but does nothing with my 4s. Searching google this is a known issue I guess and it pisses me off lol.

spig
01-11-2012, 09:36 AM
It is confirmed with DICE that the old Silverline pro units don't work with the 4s. The new duo and mediabridge do work. I had to swap units a few weeks ago.

Whitexi
01-11-2012, 04:44 PM
I actually have given up on dice, and will be getting the Dension Gateway device instead.

UdubBadger
01-11-2012, 06:24 PM
I might get the media bridge for BT and iPod connectivity (if I ever get a damn zhp...) but also just considered doing a Dynavin. $650 or so or $299 for Dice and $199 for a nice garmin... might be worth having it all right there in 1 place no? :dunno

Pip
01-11-2012, 06:49 PM
I might get the media bridge for BT and iPod connectivity (if I ever get a damn zhp...) but also just considered doing a Dynavin. $650 or so or $299 for Dice and $199 for a nice garmin... might be worth having it all right there in 1 place no? :dunno

I'm seriously considering the dynavin. Seems like a great upgrade for BT, iPod, Nav, etc. and keeps the same aesthetics as OEM.

UdubBadger
01-11-2012, 07:05 PM
my thoughts exactly, even if I end up paying $100 more than each separately, that OEM look is also worth something too.

The only thing that worries me is aftermarket Navi interface, always thought Pioneers and Alpines and stuff seemed cheap in that area. I'd love to see the navi stuff on the dynavin before I decide to buy.

johnrando
01-11-2012, 07:42 PM
The Dynavin makes sense, I've just heard they are buggy. That could be old news though, as the Android versions are supposed to be better. You may want to check.

But, as you said, OEM look, all the parts, great idea. I started piecing mine together (bluetooth, ipod, etc) to really keep the OEM look so I passed on the Dynavin. With a vert, I didn't want anything that looked non OEM in case of sticky fingers.

UdubBadger
01-11-2012, 07:48 PM
good point

spencers
01-11-2012, 09:14 PM
If anyone's considering alternatives, check out the USA Spec PA12 for iPod/iPhone connectivity and the Parrot CK3000/Connects2 harness for Bluetooth.

They've served me and my iPhone 4 (now 4S) without any problem.

Pip
01-13-2012, 10:51 AM
good point

A little late to the party, but I was looking at the current Dynavin D99 and it also comes with OBD info which is a nice to have. This seems similar to what Washburn was cooking up: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?5991-Coming-to-a-ZHP-near-you-(mine-actually)...&highlight=garmin.

D99:http://www.dynavin.com/products/product_dnv_e46.php

trancenation
01-13-2012, 12:56 PM
4s worked with my dice (black squareish box) but could not charge.