PDA

View Full Version : One of you gents in Atlanta recruited my car!

yousharenow
01-11-2012, 06:18 AM
I was at the independent playing trivia last night, came out to get in my car to leave, and one of you chaps had stuck a card on my door handle.

I have been a member a while, but I hang out mainly on E46fanatics.

But Howdy everyone =] Just a friendly 05 ZHP owner from Tx that moved to ATL last year.

Where do you guys like to get your parts from? I'm in the market for a strut brace, Alcantara shift and e-brake boot, and a trunk lip spoiler.

Let me know about any meetups, I'm just glad to know there are other ZHP owners here =]

http://i.imgur.com/L4g2U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xC09R.jpg

johnrando
01-11-2012, 06:28 AM
Welcome! This place is completely different from e46f.c, as I am on both too, (like several of our members). As for parts, the usual suspects (Mike Kent at bmwpartssource.com, Tischer at getbmwparts.com, eas, bimmian, Turner Motor Sports (tms) etc.). I think we have a thread on here somewhere that I bet someone will find before me and post. We also have site affiliates Khoalty, Autohaus, etc and clicking on those links helps the site.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?229-List-of-Affiliate-Advertisers-at-ZHP-Mafia

OEM strut bars are hard to find, but there are non OEM ones out there. Which are you looking for? Lots of trunk lip spoilers out there, I bought an OEM on from ECS tuning I believe.

Good luck, and enjoy your stay!

mimalmo
01-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Welcome to non-lurker status.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Welcome -- officially -- to the forum.

Funny that you've been a member for a year but a member placed a card on your car last night. I like that. Nice story.

zj96sc
01-11-2012, 06:56 AM
I get a kick out of the fact that the car someone put that card on was already owned by a member. The world is small.

Welcome!

The Atlanta submafia is growing.

http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files//2011/10/excellent-mr-burns.gif

Marcus-SanDiego
01-11-2012, 06:57 AM
:like

yousharenow
01-11-2012, 06:59 AM
I have known about the mafia for a while, but I never used the site as the group was still pretty small. I still troll around E46Fanatics but this place over the past year really has grown, its great to have a place for all us ZHP nuts =]

I actually know the dude that left it from the Atlanta subfourm on Reddit.

Small world guys!

That being said, we need to pool all the ATL guys together for the May Meetup in Virginia. I got some work I want to do to my car that with some tools and extra hands, we could easily knock out.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-11-2012, 07:02 AM
I have known about the mafia for a while, but I never used the site as the group was still pretty small. I still troll around E46Fanatics but this place over the past year really has grown, its great to have a place for all us ZHP nuts =]

I actually know the dude that left it from the Atlanta subfourm on Reddit.

Small world guys!

That's true about the size of the forum back in January 2011. We probably had about 125-150 members.

Glad you decided to double back.

danewilson77
01-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Welcome.

ECSTuning is a very consistent/reliable place to get parts as well.

Great story. I think I sent Psyco a few of those cards.

yousharenow
01-11-2012, 07:07 AM
I'm pretty comfy with sources for all my part needs..I found a great spoiler off ebay that many fanatics have had success with.

The main thing I am looking for is an OEM M3 strut brace. ECS has a nice CF one, but I like the M3 one.
Also, I want to replace my leather shift and ebrake boot with OEM alcantara ones..hard to find it seems

GSEN820
01-11-2012, 07:09 AM
Welcome back to the site

Have you seen Coby in the affiliate section. There are a few people here that are very happy with the products

zj96sc
01-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Any particular reason that you want OEM alcantara?

edit: Gary beat me to it. that's where I was headed.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Welcome back to the site

Have you seen Coby in the affiliate section. There are a few people here that are very happy with the products

And if you do go through Coby mention ZHP Mafia for a 10% discount.

yousharenow
01-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Well my car is a bit off it seems. It's a 4/05 model, and has the leather steering wheel, alcantara interior, but the car never got a alcantara shift boot or ebrake boot, nor a lip spoiler.

I prefer the cloth to leather, both in looks and feel. I LOVE having cloth seats with heated seats, love it.

The whole reason I bought the ZHP is that it was the model that already had all the modifications done to it that I wanted. All I have done to it is black out kidneys and painted reflectors. All I want to do is fix a few dents, get curb rash fixed, and lip spoiler and strut brace. Other than that, I really don't wanna do anything else to the car (except Angel eyes and HID fogs one day)

Please don't feed the monster guys!

zj96sc
01-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Coby is an alcantara guy, has the boots you're looking for. We were just wondering if you would consider him over OEM stuff.

http://cobywheel.com/

Yeah, I miss the cloth seats from my first ZHP in a bad way.

danewilson77
01-11-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm pretty comfy with sources for all my part needs..I found a great spoiler off ebay that many fanatics have had success with.

The main thing I am looking for is an OEM M3 strut brace. ECS has a nice CF one, but I like the M3 one.
Also, I want to replace my leather shift and ebrake boot with OEM alcantara ones..hard to find it seems

Naa...we have a sponsor here that will take care of you.

Ensure you use the affiliate link and mention ZHPMafia for 10% off.

www.cobywheel.com

EDIT: Beat by everyone.

yousharenow
01-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Oh AWESOME! I saw these on ebay, but the member discount is totally worth it =]

Thanks guys!

kayger12
01-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Welcome (officially) to the Family.

static667
01-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Welcome! Glad you decided to join the active crowd.

Brought to you by sci-fi level technology and Tapatalk.

Hermes
01-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Welcome to non-lurker status.

+1 - welcome to the family

I really don't wanna do anything else to the car (except Angel eyes and HID fogs one day)

Please don't feed the monster guys!

you likely will be bit by the mod bug if you start hanging around us

jayjay_dee
01-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Welcome... Too much information here about ZHPs, great site!!!

I think I sent Psyco a few of those cards.
Dane, can i have some of those cards too?

danewilson77
01-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Welcome... Too much information here about ZHPs, great site!!!

Dane, can i have some of those cards too?

Sure. PM me your addy.

echo46
01-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Welcome, that's a cool story. I have to say this is really the only forum I post on anymore. However, I do keep an eye on e46f and bimmerfest. I can't wait until the day I can put a card on a ZHP here on Long Island. I'm lonely out here I tell ya.

Mtnman
01-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Welcome, officially. Cool Story. I have new shift boot and ebrake boot (and armrest too) in alcantara from Coby. I took a few pics of them. Ill search and repost. I love them.

Found it.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?2781-www.cobywheel.com-Alcantara-arm-rest-shift-boot-and-ebrake-boot&highlight=alcantara+rest

zj96sc
01-11-2012, 10:52 AM
OK. Good save ;)

webster
01-12-2012, 09:08 AM
welcome back. let's see some pics of your car!

yousharenow
01-12-2012, 10:10 AM
welcome back. let's see some pics of your car!

Here ya go! I need to grab a few more

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/59789_1542149867892_1059319933_31528583_6543786_n. jpg

danewilson77
01-12-2012, 10:20 AM
:drool

Hermes
01-12-2012, 10:30 AM
:drool

+1 - looks great

yousharenow
01-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Thx guys! All I changed on it was blacked out kidneys, painted reflectors, and tint. Only other exterior mod I wanna do is a lip spoiler, other than that, its all interior stuff (Strut brace, replace some internal trim pieces, get a few dents PDR'd and curb rash removed off the rims.)

The problem living in downtown is that the road suck and I do occasionally drag the chin. Thank god there are 2 levels of parking in my building that aren't hard on the car =]

trancenation
01-12-2012, 10:47 AM
welcome! good luck on your search for an oem m3 strut bar. Frequent e46 fanatics or m3forum to find one.